It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone educate me on Muslims, Sharia Law?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So, using this as a source

Source

It seems a lot of Muslims even within the USA do not respect the constitution and actually prefer Sharia Law - I am not saying this website is the one and only statistic to be used, but even if this is reporting only slight high... Isn't this something to worry about?

I've heard awful things about Sharia Law. I'd advocate that every single person who holds Sharia law higher than the constitution should be deported immediately, if what I hear is true...

If what I hear is not true - Things from rape, human rights violations, mutilation, etc are not true, can someone point me down the right path? Why should I be tolerant of Muslims when Sharia law is scary as F*** ? Or am I being duped by the media or people with an agenda ?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
The Muslims I know do not follow Sharia Law as much as US Laws. Seems as if they love their freedoms as much or more than any other . Maybe the reason they pulled their families from those countries and moved to the US to become citizens in the first place? But, just like in the news recently , there are extremists that want to topple the US and bring the caliphate here. I would hope there were very few of these , and they need deported.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Right, I mean there is 2.2 Billion? Or something Muslims in the world, I certainly don't think them all bad.

But there's definitely not room for anti-constitution/americans in the USA. "Law" is not an opinion, a religion, a lifestyle... It's a subset of rules that are followed and hearing they want others to follow Sharia law as well.. They need to get out of my country.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The link to the poll in your source isn't working for me so I'm not sure what to think.

But hopefully it isn't true.

Just curious, if they're US citizens where can we deport them to?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

But there's definitely not room for anti-constitution/americans in the USA

Therein lies the issue. You do not have to be Muslim to fit that agenda.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Religious people, regardless of their religion, place "God's" laws above those of man. Its just how it is (unfortunately).

"God" > man.

Rape and mutilation? What the...

Anyway, the United States has common law which generally cannot be superseded by religious "law".

There are instances when religious law does take precedence over common law in the United Sates.

For example, polygamy is basically legal in Utah. The Jews have a network of religious courts called Halakha. The Amish tend to follow religious laws.

So while there are some exceptions for religious law, its generally applied with regards to contracts and only affects those particular groups.

A Satan worshipper cannot sacrifice a virgin and then claim a religious exemption for murder based on their beliefs.

Despite the fear mongering and scare tactics, I wouldnt be overly concerned about who wants what.

edit on 28-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Anyway, the United States has common law which are generally cannot be superseded by religious "law".

For now friend , for now

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
it can be debated how many or how strongly muslim follow sharia, but it is objectively true that sharia is horrible and inconsistent with the constitution. being gay is punished by death for example
Its also important to realize how many muslim countries have government and religion as one in a theocracy, so that is a problem

reply to: deadlyhope

edit on 28-6-2016 by SvenKarlsson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To summarize...if you go against Sharia Law...you are good as dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I never said you had to be Muslim. That's why I phrased it the way I did rather than say Muslim or anything.

Anyone desiring to go directly against the Constitution and the freedoms it defines, does not deserve freedom.

Now, there's issues like gun control or bans - I don't think people that hold these opinions necessarily need to get out of our country. Only legislators that attempt to pass anything anti second amendment need be charged with treason. Opinions don't go anywhere..

But when the biggest religion and nearly a third of the world as Muslim, sharia law could be a huge threat, and cannot be ignored in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (see below).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

www.billionbibles.org...

The list goes on
edit on 28-6-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You're not worried about the highest religious population in the world taking over with their religious ways? They do so in the middle east. Why is it impossible in the West, especially when some political parties are apologists for them etc?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

ISIS, Islam, Muslim, Sharia = all tied in together one way or another...so agreed...need to safeguard our own faiths so we do not get oppressed upon by Sharia...it started overseas and immigrated to North America.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Right.. Hence my fear, unless the list you use gave is a propaganda piece. Which no one has proven yet.

Anyone who actually practices some of those extreme things like genital mutilation and beating their wife and raping others need only one cure; bullets.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Agreed. I do want people to know this is not Islamophobia. I do not believe all 2 billion and more Muslims to be dangerous and to be dealt with and such.

Isis though? Definitely. Those that practice the sharia law as listed above? Definitely.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Thats correct, I am not worried about 1% of the population (current Moslem population in the US) overthrowing the United States.

In Europe, the countries with the highest Moslem populations are France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands at around 5% each.

But then again, I'm not easily influenced by lies, hype or fear mongering/propaganda.

What does any of this have to do with US law?

edit on 28-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sharia Law is hard to understand because it really does not exist as hard and fast rules. It heavily regulates some crimes while leave others to a judges discretion. In modern Muslim countries the punishments that are spelled out and are severe are ignored for more secular modern punishments.

So what do nations that have Sharia law do? They tend to have two systems, one the traditional secular courts but, in cases of family and financial disputes they can choose to take to a Sharia court.

Now this is something that is also done in the US. The Catholic Church has diocesan tribunals that handle the same sort of cases and Orthodox Jews use rabbinical courts to obtain religious divorces, resolve business conflicts and settle disputes among Jews.

And yes Muslims in the US have the same sore of systems as well. And all these are legal under US law but, is all voluntary.

Now a few nations take Sharia laws to the extreme and have women covered up etc. These nations are the minority though. Sharia law is basically adopted to a nations culture and customs.

Now the US has had its laws influenced by Christianity as well, the blue laws, that do not allow shopping on Sunday or buying alcohol etc. were very common in the US and some still exist today.

So what is Sharia Law? Think of it as a mix of US Blue laws and the current religious courts that already exist in the US. If it were to come to the US it would only be for Muslims who volunteered to use that system for family and financial disputes. If you are not Muslim you would not even know it was here.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Thank you for the detail spad.

I am very against the extreme forms, and don't believe it has a place in this world.

As for people resolving disputes and the like within their own religious courts.. Doesn't bother me. So long as laws aren't being broken, so long as nothing dictated in those courts can ever over rule national and state laws, I'm fine with those instances.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Right.. Hence my fear, unless the list you use gave is a propaganda piece. Which no one has proven yet.

Anyone who actually practices some of those extreme things like genital mutilation and beating their wife and raping others need only one cure; bullets.

Firstly Sharia is the commands of the Quran + Hadith so all the brutality murder mutilation rape practiced and spoke of from Mohamad is the Islamic law, Sharia= Law, by saying Sharia Law is the same as saying Law Law.

Slaying and being slayed is the best a follower of Mohamad and their god Satan. Until the whole world comes under Sharia.

So if anyone isn`t Jewish or Christian consider yourself a target for forced conversion rape or die under full Sharia, Jews and Christians who will not stop fighting them will die, those that stop fighting are to be made Dhimmis' a low citizen and the vilest of creatures who have to pay Jizya a special and sometimes crippling tax to stay alive. This was how Mohamad funded his warmongering while subjugating the Jewish and Christian.

The yellow star the Nazi`s used in WW11 used Islam's example who Hitler had close ties.

Our governments in the west are allowing Islam to flourish in our countries and say Islam is a religion of peace, Treason.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

What does any of this have to do with US law?

Its a reply to the thread titled "Can anyone educate me on Muslims, Sharia Law?" ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join