It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Having Highest-Rated Year Ever; Tops Cable Primetime So Far

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Fox News is winning the war of the primetime cable wars.

Although cable has far less viewership than broadcast networks, we might be witnessing a slant to one side here.

Maybe it's Trump's popularity, maybe it's a distrust of Hillary.

Hard to tell.

What is making Fox so popular this year anyway?

Fair and Balanced !!

Fox News Having Highest-Rated Year Ever; Tops Cable Primetime So Far

With unprecedented interest in Presidential politics pumping up the numbers by double digits, the nearly 20-year old Fox News is currently in the No. 1 primetime spot for all of cable with 2.2 million viewers. For its most-watched year ever so far, that’s a jump from the No. 5 spot it held at this point in 2015. Now, all cable news nets see a rise in election years, but for Fox News the result is a little sweeter. The Roger Ailes-run channel is second in all of cable primetime for Q2 2016 behind the NBA playoffs-fueled TNT. The latter averaged 2.05 million viewers to FNC’s 1.97 million for the quarter.

That second spot marks a 23% total viewership gain from the same period last year. It also sees the again-dominant Fox News get a 17% rise in the 25-54 demo (352,000) compared with Q2 2015. In overall prime viewership, Fox News was in third place.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hasnt this been the norm every year ? Or nearly ? All the while MSNBC nearly going under and CNN bleeding off viewers like a punctured artery ?

Not location , location , location
Quality , quality , quality

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

For some, FOX is a source best served cold, it is slanted towards not being nice towards extreme left ideologies and showing videos of these ideologues hypocrisy in action - this is very inconvenient when attempting to push an agenda via secret meetings and lies.

It is also a conservative news outlet so these ratings and statistics are rigged, only ratings and statistics from extreme left sources are acceptable, all others have ulterior motives.

I think that just about covers how this thread will pan out.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You're saying that Fox News has quality? Bahahahaha, you must not have watched it lately. 100% fear mongering and persuasive propaganda. Well no, I'll be nice and call it 95% because they do have their moments of actual news instead of talking heads. I'm no fan of CNN or MSNBC, they have their fair share of propaganda as well but Fox News is in another stratosphere entirely.

People are addicted to fear and anger and Fox News provides them in ample amounts. Fear and anger release adrenaline and Fox News viewers are adrenaline junkies, addicted to it, and they tune in every day to get their daily fix.

I can't believe ATS actually has threads supporting such a disgusting organization. What the hell has happened to this place?
edit on 6/28/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

People are watching Fox because it is confirming their own opinions.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I listen to Rush, Hannity and Beck every day. They all have interesting perspectives. I actually think Rush is discriminated to much by lefties. He isn't perfect, but he really makes a lot of legit points.

With that said I lost respect for Hannity over the years. I listened to him since 2008 and over the years he really has turned into a just a financial troll. I used to think he really was a republican, but over the last 8 years I really believe he is just a money whore milking it for all it is worth.
Then there is Glenn Beck. I am sorry, but this guy is a Mormon Lunatic. I don't even understand how he is allowed to even be on right wing republican radio. He has either lost the plot on what a republican is, or he never really knew.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I know why a lot of people watch FOX rather than the others.

easy on the eyes

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

100% fear mongering and persuasive propaganda.

Please . , do post some examples . The examples have to be exclusive to Fox.
Bet ya dont....
Damn , if I actually took bets , wouldnt have to play the lottery

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

opinions

Biases***

There's this radio station on GTA V called "Weezel News" and its catchphrase is "confirming your biases". GTA V is a parodical social commentary with the themes it presents in and out of its main story. Weezel News pretty much epitomizes our MSM sources, all of them. They persuade and insinuate what is "true" then once you bite they reel you in by pandering to the idea that they planted in your head.

All MSM sources are guilty of this but Fox seems to be especially good at it for some reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I was actually enjoying looking at the pics on that link.......Then for some sick reason I came across the Anne Coulter pic which was mixed in.

Good God that woman is like a damn ghoul or walking dead.

They need to take that photo out because it's ruining the rest.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What would you recommend watching?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
And yet you all refuse to call them MSM....

It is almost like that is reserved for the networks you don't like...

link   
FOX is fine, but you really can't beat CNN and MSNBC for ludicrously-slanted, liberal bias and progressive propaganda.

link   

Just watch it for yourself. It's pretty much 24/7. Are you seriously on a conspiracy site while still believing what Fox News tells you? That is irony if I've ever seen it.

Also, are you insinuating that if I can't give an example that is exclusive to Fox News that means it's ok that they do it? You got me! Fox News does it just like any other MSM source, but I guess that fact doesn't phase you because, you know, they support your biased views. Who cares if they're fear mongering? Everyone else does it too so it's ok!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I know why a lot of people watch FOX rather than the others.

easy on the eyes

I used to like Kirin Chetry. She was the original fox on Fox.

But yeah, I watched Fox in the morning getting ready for work. I may not have listened to every word, but it always managed to drag my eyes over to the screen.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
FOX is fine, but you really can't beat CNN and MSNBC for ludicrously-slanted, liberal bias and progressive propaganda.

FOX is pretty damn far from being "fine".

The rest aren't much better.

If you want real news, I suggest tea leaves or Quija Boards. I hear reading the entrails of certain animals is pretty accurate as well.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

None of the MSM sources, they're all propaganda factories with their own unique slant.

Divide and conquer, the MSM is one of the main tools those in power use to keep people divided. Fox hates Democrats, CNN hates Republicans and the viewers of each fight each other over meaningless dribble.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Just watch it for yourself. It's pretty much 24/7. Are you seriously on a conspiracy site while still believing what Fox News tells you? That is irony if I've ever seen it.

Also, are you insinuating that if I can't give an example that is exclusive to Fox News that means it's ok that they do it? You got me! Fox News does it just like any other MSM source, but I guess that fact doesn't phase you because, you know, they support your biased views. Who cares if they're fear mongering? Everyone else does it too so it's ok!

So , looks as if I won another faux wager. Couldnt come up with anything of substance , could ya ? Thats what I thought.

I will give you a little while longer .

No I wont
Thank you for playing the game , but you had no tokens .

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
CNN and MSNBC are fine, but you really can't beat Fox fo the ludicrously-slanted, conservative bias and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Fox is always popular and has been the number 1 MSN outlet forever. What's the news here?
edit on 28-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join