It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were Jesus most important teachings?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Matthew 5:17-18
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Revelation 2:9, 3:9
"I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Look at those who belong to the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews but are liars instead. I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you."

John 15:6
"If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

edit on 28-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Awesome. The Kingdom of God is definitely what it's all about.

I am going to toss in a Gospel of Thomas quote to keep it fresh:

"Let one who seeks not stop seeking until one finds. When one finds, one will be troubled. When one is troubled, one will marvel and will reign over all.''

" When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will know that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you dwell in poverty."

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus is not actually in Corinthians.

Those letters were written by a guy named Paul who never actually met Jesus.

No big deal not everyone knows that. If you want you should do a thread about the greatest teachings of Paul, this one is about actual teachings of Christ while he was on earth.

When it comes down to it the so called mega churches teach the same thing as most churches do.

What the Bible teaches and what Christianity teaches are not the same thing.

Christ never even planned on this form of his teachings dubbed Catholicism or Christianity. It's why I don't call myself a Christian because it implies something other than what he taught. The wars fought on his name prove that.

His sword was a metaphor and he clearly denounced violence.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm not that big a bible guy, but I was always kind of partial to, I believe, Matthew 21:12, if memory serves.

If the bankers start getting too uppity, it's ok to slap them down and throw them out in the street.

It's what Jesus would do.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
I'm not that big a bible guy, but I was always kind of partial to, I believe, Matthew 21:12, if memory serves.

If the bankers start getting too uppity, it's ok to slap them down and throw them out in the street.

It's what Jesus would do.

That Michele Sindona Vatican bank scandal comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Blessed are the Poor in Spirit.

The road is narrow and FEWwill find it.

If anyone says they saw me in secret DO NOT believe them. For many will come in my name...

God is not afraid of sending a seemingly legitimate prophet to test the loyalty of his followers. Not even if it means he becomes a saint in the eyes of the disloyal or luke warm.

Because it has been an effective method throughout history in determining his true disciples from the fairweather followers.

And the doers of righteousness from the self justified despisers of deeds.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
[water to wine.jpg]

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
[water to wine.jpg]

Good old Alchemical transmutation.

That is the greatest incident of someone being the life of the party ever!

Even the Messiah parties! I wonder what his stance on 4:20 is?

Pro most likely.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb

[water to wine.jpg]

Pro most likely.

I dont believe in religion, and certainly not that part, however
I like what that little story represents in regards to the greater religion.
socialization and some minor intoxication are not just allowed, but a celebrated foundation. I dont fully understand how it went from that root to the middle ages shaming of anything joyful..I mean, if the symbolic avatar of god literally kept the party rolling, they really needed to lay off the harshness and oppression.

They say actions speak louder than words, and wine has been a pretty important role in the story of christ..socialization, friendship, etc. its a pity those aspects didn't develop first and foremost in the religion instead of the nastyness

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

[water to wine.jpg]

Pro most likely.

I dont believe in religion, and certainly not that part,

What part?

however
I like what that little story represents in regards to the greater religion.
socialization and some minor intoxication are not just allowed, but a celebrated foundation. I dont fully understand how it went from that root to the middle ages shaming of anything joyful..I mean, if the symbolic avatar of god literally kept the party rolling, they really needed to lay off the harshness and oppression.

They say actions speak louder than words, and wine has been a pretty important role in the story of christ..socialization, friendship, etc. its a pity those aspects didn't develop first and foremost in the religion instead of the nastyness

I concur.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

Originally posted by CabablancaHizb
I like the parable of the tares.

Many people think it is referring to a separation of people but it's really about ridding yourself of negative thoughts.

Burning the chaff is being purified by fire (the Spirit) and fire subsequently represents Wisdom.

I like that parable too…

And your right it, is about ridding yourself of negative thoughts, and IMO purifying the lies (by fire analogy) out of your system…

In fact, the whole wheat and tares parable is about the corruption of the Holy Books (New Testament) and how the lies and truth would become mixed together. The fire analogy was really about purifying and destroying those lies within yourself, so that only the truth would remain…

- JC

edit on 28-6-2016 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thou shalt not get banned from ATS and then create another logon and go straight back to doing what got you banned in the first place.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes it is, and yes He did He met him on the road and was blinded. One of the disciples removed the scales from his eyes.
mJesus is also in Genesis and before all creation.

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was mad flesh and dwelt among us. The Word is Jesus ( Yeshua) Creator of all things. Eternal. Omnipresent. Omnipotent

edit on 28-6-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What are the most important teachings of Jesus to you?

This is the most significant thing that Jesus ever said:

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. " -- KJV, Matthew 7:14

That idea, that a few find the way without Jesus, is the most important thing.

Most Christians think that the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.

But, Jesus himself said that "few there be that find it."

The reason Jesus came, is so that many there be that find salvation, by being guided and led.

But, without Jesus, there are exceptional individuals who find the way on their own.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jesus said " I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

No big deal not everyone knows that. If you want you should do a thread about the greatest teachings of Paul, this one is about actual teachings of Christ while he was on earth.

When it comes down to it the so called mega churches teach the same thing as most churches do.

Christ never even planned on this form of his teachings dubbed Catholicism or Christianity. It's why I don't call myself a Christian because it implies something other than what he taught. The wars fought on his name prove that.

Well thank you for YOUR opinion
You are very welcome to it as I am to my opinion

I believe Paul was an apostle and a disciple
www.biblestudy.org...

Pauls words were an extension of all Christ taught, all YHWH taught.
I was not aware your particular rules, I didnt know that we had to fit it into a gnostic subset

I also believe in the Trinity, that Jesus is God the creator

So thanks but no thanks, you dont decide for me what and how to believe

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I also like that one and paraphrased it earlier.

But it is even better when quoted.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well thank you for YOUR opinion
You are very welcome to it as I am to my opinion

I believe Paul was an apostle and a disciple
www.biblestudy.org...

Pauls words were an extension of all Christ taught, all YHWH taught.
I was not aware your particular rules, I didnt know that we had to fit it into a gnostic subset

I also believe in the Trinity, that Jesus is God the creator

So thanks but no thanks, you dont decide for me what and how to believe

Don't want to, didn't try and you should try not taking things personally I couldn't care less what you believe and didn't come close to telling you what to believe.

I just spoke the truth.

You seem to have a case of the "poor mes" because I pointed out that Christ is not in Corinthians. But I clearly said ''Jesus teachings while on earth."

So whether or not you think Paul is an apostle is irrelevant because he never met Jesus. Jesus was Ascended before Saul is ever mentioned.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Originally posted by CabablancaHizb
I like the parable of the tares.

Many people think it is referring to a separation of people but it's really about ridding yourself of negative thoughts.

Burning the chaff is being purified by fire (the Spirit) and fire subsequently represents Wisdom.

I like that parable too…

And your right it, is about ridding yourself of negative thoughts, and IMO purifying the lies (by fire analogy) out of your system…

In fact, the whole wheat and tares parable is about the corruption of the Holy Books (New Testament) and how the lies and truth would become mixed together. The fire analogy was really about purifying and destroying those lies within yourself, so that only the truth would remain…

- JC

I couldn't agree more which is why I am keeping it to Jesus teachings only while he was alive.

Because he warned that after he was gone someone would come in his name with false teachings and it happened, they even canonized his writings.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Theekshai
Penance

" it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God "

eye of a needle = gate to heaven , center of the pupil

quite funny really...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join