It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were Jesus most important teachings?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Throughout the 4 Gospels when we had an earthly Jesus he taught many things. Parables, prophecies, revelations, Wisdom, ethics and enlightenment to name a few.

Besides the 2 Greatest Commandments and the unpardonable sin which are more law than lesson I often wonder what it is that Jesus actually taught that is most dear to the individual.

Because I feel that his words are less of a focus than his death and resurrection. While something profound is being taught in the death and resurrection of Jesus it is more common to consider it an atonement for the sins of mankind.

Putting aside the benefits of sacrificial atonement and looking at the words as beneficial teachings for everyday life, I would like to know:

What are the most important teachings of Jesus to you?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Starting in Matthew 5, the Sermon on the Mount.

Especially loving your enemy (always will be difficult for us mere mortals).

Last one would be to love one another. In this shall all men know ye are my disciples. True Christians will love others. Not necessarily tolerate their sinful ways, but will love and care for them like family.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

Love God above all else and love do unto your neighbour as you would have done unto you, love them as yourself but love God more as he is the ALL and the EVERYTHING.

Love, Forgiveness, Mercy, Self Sacrifice, Charity, Prayer.

There are so many thing's that he tought us that matter.

What is most important, if you believe in him and do as he say's, Love god above all thing's and at least try to obey him over our own nature then we accept him as the teacher and his life as the ultimate lesson.

Pick one thing, Love God (your father) and love other's as you would wish to be loved or treat them as you would wish to be treated.

Another is Forgiveness, far harder to do than say and even if we forgive we often still hurt inside and force ourselves to forgive, it takes more courage then being angry and is far harder than hating and wishing harm to other's to forgive them especially when they are hateful or wicked people and it is one thing I have never mastered.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb

Throughout the 4 Gospels when we had an earthly Jesus he taught many things. Parables, prophecies, revelations, Wisdom, ethics and enlightenment to name a few.

Besides the 2 Greatest Commandments and the unpardonable sin which are more law than lesson I often wonder what it is that Jesus actually taught that is most dear to the individual.

Because I feel that his words are less of a focus than his death and resurrection. While something profound is being taught in the death and resurrection of Jesus it is more common to consider it an atonement for the sins of mankind.

Putting aside the benefits of sacrificial atonement and looking at the words as beneficial teachings for everyday life, I would like to know:

What are the most important teachings of Jesus to you?

You first.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Love others as thy love themselves! He who is without sin should cast the first stone! Drink of this wine, my blood, eat of this bread my body so though has everlasting life in heaven! Do not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing!
edit on 28-6-2016 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When he tells us not to worry in life. That it does us no good.

I'm always working on that one.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
When he tells us not to worry in life. That it does us no good.

I'm always working on that one.

Indeed he was correct as worrying can not add a day to your life and may shorten it even.

If I could add to that it is best to always keep in mind "counting the cost" in matters to lessen our odds of having something to worry about.

That comes from Jesus too so I figured them to be symbiotic.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Double

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You are the messenger...message us; NOW

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My favorite is the Kingdom of God is within.

On earth, as it is in heaven.

Also the Lamp of the body, the third eye.

Born of the Spirit and water.

Faith without works is no faith.

I like the more esoteric teachings personally.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

You are the messenger...message us; NOW

And I don't take kindly to people telling me what to do and when.

NOW is not going to get me to do anything differently than I would normally.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To not be controlled by evil men in power. Evil, anti-humans that believe themselves to be god. To take the power back and not be deceived by their falsehood, which, can enslave mans mind, body and spirit. To focus our eye upon truth, wisdom, humility, compassion, self-sacrifice, freewill and Justice. To honor the Heavenly Father and earthly mother and realize that nothing matters except for the Father, for without him there is nothing, and in him there is everything.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Almost .The first 2 Commandments are the answer. And it was taught that both were one.
Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I forgot my other favorite.

" Be as wise as serpents, harmless as doves."

I live by that and never tire of its genius.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: LABTECH767
Almost .The first 2 Commandments are the answer. And it was taught that both were one.

Unfortunately not by Jesus making it not true.

They are separate because we are separate from God.

If they could be one, Jesus would have taught that.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

My favorite is the Kingdom of God is within

That's my favorite as well,it takes the power away from the external source of the state and the religious leaders and internalizes it.
Another esoteric one is be as lilies of the field.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The most important teaching of Jesus, if I had to single just one out, would be his teachings on the Kingdom of Heaven…

Jesus says, “seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven/God”…so because Jesus believed we should do that first, he must have considered it the most important…IMO

I recently made a thread entitled Spiritual Wisdom Quotess where I outlined Jesus most important teachings and sayings…

- JC

link   
a reply to: southbeach

I like the parable of the tares.

Many people think it is referring to a separation of people but it's really about ridding yourself of negative thoughts.

Burning the chaff is being purified by fire (the Spirit) and fire subsequently represents Wisdom.

link   
Teaching from Corinthians on what love is and again how christians should view those outside of the church

1 Corinthians 13:4-7English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[a]
6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

This teaching explains what we should expect as christians and how we should be comforted when things go wrong

5 Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.

The Beatitudes
2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Its interesting the Beatitudes are not taught in the mega churches, its all self centered

This teaching below explains what we should be as Christians

Galatians 5:22-23English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them."

You may not understand this ... but this is the summation of all the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Amen

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join