It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sick of this praying garbage on twitter. Please STOP IT !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Something occurred to me a bit ago reflecting on your rant. You are not novel or an exception to the rule, in fact there are a great mass of individuals that share your sentiments and opinion. That is what makes the world work, diversity, so you can't be blasted for that.

What occurred to me as I was leading to.... was that Faith is an intangible thing, neither affected by opposition nor diminished by others unbelief. It is something atheists can not attack and destroy, it transcends all of humanities likes or dislikes, it is insulated from attack, and thus, I believe a threat deep down to those that would think to render it void. It is in the mind and thusly in the actions...... whether hidden or displayed. But it has a protection that can not be...... made null and void.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Please bear with me.... there is a scripture that goes something like this : Fear not those who can destroy the body, but instead fear God that can destroy the Soul.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

originally posted by: DumpMaster

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: DumpMaster

I understand but there are about 300 million twitter users.

IMO that is a low number stating/encouraging us to pray for Turkey.

I don't know, what would you prefer to see?

Seriously, I'm asking.

It's your 'rant' so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Just trying to help you feel better.

I already said what I would like to see. #StopTerrorism or #HelpTurkey #AssistTurkey #SaveTurkey #WeStandWithTurkey.. anything but the same old garbage #PrayForTurkey, because you know what, with that attitude they are going to get bombed again. Are you going to pray for them again next time and expect something else to happen?

Honestly just writing about how much this pisses me off is actually helping. So frustrating..

Here's the thing....I am spiritual and believe in a deity. However, I absolutely agree that #prayfor___ does nothing but make the poster feel good

I, however, have two issues with your post

1. You REALLLY need to get over yourself and the subject. If seeing these posts bothers you so much, you must have some deep down foundation issues

2. I am almost jaw-to-the-floor faced right now...becausse you stated...."#prayforTurkey is worthles...instead let's try "StandwithTurkey, #StopTerrorism, etc..."

Is that a joke? Those hashtags are just as useless and offer just as much 'help' as #PrayforTurkey. All of them are self-congratulatory and are not one bit different from #PrayforTurkey

Good point on that second one. I agree with you. Hashtags are all useless for the most part.

Unfortunately I am required to use twitter for work. I find it extremely annoying and insulting to see this praying garbage constantly. Praying is the absolute stupidest thing in the world. If you're an atheist or agnostic you know it's useless, but if you are religious it is also an insult to your god. You are implying they are weak and have low quality powers.

What bothers me so much is that while people pray for a certain city, there are terrorists within that city praying as well - while they are killing innocent people.

I find praying in general to be a disgusting habit and I find it offensive to reality, humanity and history..
Praying implies you are going to do nothing to help people, the evidence of which is you asking your imaginary friend (who doesn't even have the power to read a humans mind, they they created the universe??) to help them.

Also I find religion to be very disturbing as it affects everyone. When a country is run by religion, and they believe the world was created for them and that their god will take care of everything, and they don't believe in science and then pollute the world, it poisons everyone in the world. Not just people from that country. Religion affects everyone even those smart enough not to be part of it, and that is what I find absolutely abhorrent and disgusting.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Something occurred to me a bit ago reflecting on your rant. You are not novel or an exception to the rule, in fact there are a great mass of individuals that share your sentiments and opinion. That is what makes the world work, diversity, so you can't be blasted for that.

What occurred to me as I was leading to.... was that Faith is an intangible thing, neither affected by opposition nor diminished by others unbelief. It is something atheists can not attack and destroy, it transcends all of humanities likes or dislikes, it is insulated from attack, and thus, I believe a threat deep down to those that would think to render it void. It is in the mind and thusly in the actions...... whether hidden or displayed. But it has a protection that can not be...... made null and void.

Faith is the belief in something without and evidence or proof. It is irrelevant.

If any religion have proof their stuff was real, they would never ask anyone to say they need faith, they would say take a look at the proof and evidence.

Since they have no proof or evidence they ask to have faith, which is the belief in something with no proof or evidence.

"Please bear with me.... there is a scripture that goes something like this : Fear not those who can destroy the body, but instead fear God that can destroy the Soul."

Which god are you talking about? I assume Poseidon. Where is your proof that Poseidon is real?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Thanks for the nice reply. I do agree to a point even if it isn't #Prayfor___

Even if it is #Standwith____, I do wish people would get out and actually do something. I am spiritual, follow my deity, and pray. I then follow it up with activity. I am not going to sit and pour out my work for attention or kudos...point is, I do see your point

I think prayer is great...but I also think God (or whomever the person believes in) wants us or them, to act and not just pay lip service. Isis (Aset....as in the Goddess) wants me to act in a certain way. My prayer is MY connection. But my follow up is getting out and doing something about it as well

thanks again

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join