It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source for those interested in archeology news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was stumbling acrossthe internet the other day and came across this gem of a website - claims it is updated daily but on average its every 2-3 days but I see articles here that dont show up on google or bing news.

Archaeologica

A few of the threads I started here came from this site but I do not enjoy starting many threads and I dont want you guys to miss out on something all of us might find interesting. Here is a copy and paste of some of the headlines currently on the site.

June 28th, 2016 Edition

Medieval weapon-making foundry discovered on shore of Lake Baikal Siberian Times

Ancient Baby Teeth Reveal Secrets Of A Polynesian Empire Forbes

Structures at Usakli Mound may be ancient Zippalanda Hurriyet News

June 26th & 27th, 2016 Edition

Reconstructing ancient culture's houses part art, part science Columbus Dispatch

37,000-year-old skull from Borneo reveals surprise for scientists Popular Archaeology

Israeli Lifeguard Discovers 900 Year Old Oil Lamp During Beach Run Jewish Press

I hope someone else here enjoys the site.

Side note - I put this in ancient and lost civilizations because of the content of the site I am sharring, if this was wrong I have no problems with the thread being moved.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeviantMortal

Thanks for the link ...I will check it out :>)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No problem

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thank you for the link, lots of interesting articles

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LuFri

Glad your enjoying it, maybe if the right people see it we will get more threads posted in the category that brought me to ATS

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the link , archaeology is my crack,
Star and flag for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Im starting to think this is the most popular thread I ever made lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thanks again,
I don't know how I missed this article, as it falls right into my favorite subject matter.

People were burning fires at a quarry near the Savannah River as far back as 50,000 years ago. That would have been before the worst of the last Ice Age and millennia before South Carolina is thought to have been inhabited.

The stunning finding from the Topper site near Allendale could rock the staid research world less than two decades after Al Goodyear’s first dig there took the lid off conventional archaeological thinking.

People were in South Carolina 50k years ago
Topper has always been one of those places that shows an extraordinarily long human habitation.
Along with Burnham OK, Snowmass CO and Kettleman CA, it shows people have been here for a minimum of 50k years.
Calico hills clearly shows people, but not modern humans, were in the California desert 200k years ago.
Eventually the mainstream will cast aside their prejudices and embrace the new paradigm.

edit on p0000006k02622016Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:02:42 -0500k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

They seem to be pretty diligent with current articles. Often catching things auto news aggregators dont catch.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I see they have a weekly podcast as well . Funny because listening to this weeks podcast they mention the thread I made on the 12000 yo site in New Brunswick ...I see they have it listed there as well and picked it up from the CBC piece ....cool :>)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Long time fan of them, wasted a whole day once going through their archives!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Long time fan of them, wasted a whole day once going through their archives!

Ditto, fan of the website, not a fan of the owner

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I see they have a weekly podcast as well . Funny because listening to this weeks podcast they mention the thread I made on the 12000 yo site in New Brunswick ...I see they have it listed there as well and picked it up from the CBC piece ....cool :>)

na na na na name dropper !!!! Lol !! Don't get any panties bunched as I jest in boredom. Still dig your contributions and undoubtable knowledge.** skips away**

top topics

join