It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the political baiting!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not upset about my thread, I knew people would disagree when I made it so that's not even an issue honestly. I just hate to see people so blinded by bias and hate for a certain group of people. If anything, this misdirected hate is only fueling the downfall of our country.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
With the rapid fire responses you've already gotten, it would appear you baited them!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is a heavyweight fight for the future of my Country.

I will fight for my rights. I want an honest government.

I don't know if Trump has an honest bone in his body.

But, I damn sure know Pig Vomit Clinton should be in jail.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That would be all fine and dandy but it's not really an option. Debating them is pointless because they can never be wrong and their minds are made up and set in stone. Obama is evil and anything he does is seen in a negative light.

I agree that Obama sucks, he's one of, if not THE worst president in our history, I doubt many people on this site would say he has been a great president, but the blatant bias against him is so obvious.

Trust me friend, if you can show their content to be unreasonable, there are reasonable people who will see it. The point of debate is to convince the audience, not the opponent. It is rare that you might change your opponent's view, but if they are reasonable, the will not have the same views they entered into the debate with. If they are unreasonable, it will be exposed to the audience.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, it's fun.

But then again, I hate just about every damned politician there is.

hahahahahahahahaha

(feel the rage and anger, Luke, embrace the Dark Side)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not a bait thread, I'm just voicing my concern about the state of these boards. Both sides are guilty but in my opinion one side seems to be stoking the flames more than the other. Just look at the most recent political threads and tell me that's not the case.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Good point, I agree.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So how is it being a hypocrite and baiting people? Exactly what you're ranting against. Oh and this isn't even the first thread on this, gets even better...
edit on 28-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I agree that Obama sucks, he's one of, if not THE worst president in our history, I doubt many people on this site would say he has been a great president, but the blatant bias against him is so obvious.

I know right! It's allmost like he sucks, oh wait you said that allready. Hmm, now I'm confused, so we have a sucky president, possibly most sucky ever, and anti Obama bias concerns you? Maybe we should give him another chance?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That would be all fine and dandy but it's not really an option. Debating them is pointless because they can never be wrong and their minds are made up and set in stone. Obama is evil and anything he does is seen in a negative light.

Trust me friend, if you can show their content to be unreasonable, there are reasonable people who will see it. The point of debate is to convince the audience, not the opponent. It is rare that you might change your opponent's view, but if they are reasonable, the will not have the same views they entered into the debate with. If they are unreasonable, it will be exposed to the audience.

Right...

Maybe in some snotty academic setting. This is ATS where it almost always boils down to the lowest common denominator.

BFFT....said it best....

From what i can tell about 20 of ATS are intellectual about 20 are completely nuts. The other 60 are people who are in competition with each other to be rude .....BFFT

edit on 28-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They do and most seem to just almost copy and paste articles from right wing sites of little factual value and try to present it as an important 'find'. Little other work is done in regard to creating good content.

I said yesterday that it was going so fast I felt it was not at a natural human speed. Not that any of the posters are bots, it is just that they would start one thread, find another odd right wing site, quote the artcle, maybe add one sentence and then repeat the thing over and over and over.

That is not good content. That is moving content from one place to another place. And the posters are getting undeserved flags and stars for zero effort.

edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No disrespect intended but I think you're doing this wrong.

I've watched your posting, you attempt to use logic & reason to argue against ignorant & indefensible ideas posted by a small very vocal minority.

That's a waste of time.

Even if you justify the effort by considering the possibility of educating a silent observer you must remember...

you just have to laugh at their BS.

I love all the crazy that gets posted, look at it as entertainment, some of the posts could be the basis for a successful Sitcom.

I don't see the ridiculous number of hateful anti-democratic, anti-manners, anti-science, anti-gay,ts,tg pretty much anti anything that would actually benefit society & their fellow man as an affront.

No I see it for what it is, a dying beast wailing & lashing out in it's last throes because it knows it's done.
So feast on the schadenfreude you'll have a lot more fun here.

K~

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The difference is that I don't see every single thing he does as bad or try to say that he is the sole reason our country is going downhill. I see issues on both sides of the fence not just one.

Obama sucks, Hillary sucks, Trump sucks, Republicans suck, Democrats suck, the entire political system sucks and is corrupt on both ends. Some people refuse to see it for what it is and instead decide to blame everything on one side or one person and thus have misguided hate.

If only they knew that they are part of the problem. But then again maybe they do know that and just don't really care.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

From what i can tell about 20 of ATS are intellectual about 20 are completely nuts. The other 60 are people who are in competition with each other to be rude .....BFFT

Spike that mic and walk off. That is fu€King brilliant.

But, I'm sort of glad I don't know what BFFT means. Not sure I want to.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

OP?

I wouldn't hesitate for an instant to help out my "opponents" on any thread. If any of them lost their job, I'd help with their mortgage if they asked.

A real friend isn't one who agrees with you 100% of the time.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

BFFT

Big Fat Furry Texan

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: olaru12

Spike that mic and walk off. That is fu€King brilliant.

But, I'm sort of glad I don't know what BFFT means. Not sure I want to.

BFFT.... stands for BigFatFurryTexan ....imo one of the few true gentleman scholars on this site populated mainly by mooks, pencil necked geeks and finger goons!
edit on 28-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

It seems as though the vast majority of these bipartisan threads come from the Conservative/Republican camp and they are mainly authored by maybe 4 or 5 members,

So 'liberals' have a problem with FREE SPEECH.

I never would have guessed.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have been on a kind of hiatus from ATS recently.

I used to post a couple of threads a week along with several posts per day.

Now its slowed down quite a bit.

why???

Well ATS is a right wing crap hole these days, yeah i said it, right wing. Its full of racist homophobes who are very good at getting their racist homophobic views across without quite going as far as being overtly racist/homophobic but still getting the message across that they are xenophobes.

There is zero tolerance for political correctness (which is now a almost a curse word on ATS), there is lots of talk about how "the left" have done this or that, very little tolerance of other faiths and cultures, I also noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of talk about the "Trans-issue" I never even knew that transsexualism was a issue. Progressiveness is frowned upon (want evidence just walk in to a gun debate with a progressive view point)

ATS was once the bastion of conspiracies on the internet but now it is the bastion of the right wing.

Again just watch as the responses to this post rain in with "No the problem is the left".

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think you boiled my point down nicely here. It is the sheer lack of effort on some members parts that is hurting the quality of these boards.

Their strategy is to bait people with the title, post a quote from some article, add a one liner, then move onto the next half baked story they find somewhere on the internet to get more internet points. That sort of lazy content hurts the quality of this site.

That was my main concern when authoring this thread, though you put it better than I did in my OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join