It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Someone Somewhere Is Shooting Somebody... WITH A GUN!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

What's a long range weapon? A rifle? Google deaths by rifle? About five times more people are annually murdered by knives than rifles. It seems you are more about "assault" weapon talking points than saving lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot
Story showing its hard to by a firearm.

www.dailywire.com...

And again, about 4000 people in the USA are killed annually by persons that did not have a valid driver's license. (As in suspended or revoked)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

That is just not true. I have never in my life heard someone vouch that the gun is the motive itself. Such a ridiculous straw-man.

The solvable aspect to the problem is generally about ease of accessibility to a lethal long-ranged weapon when one does want to kill someone.

Then why the focus on guns?
As a society are we children that needs adult supervision?

How exactly do you expect to prevent people from wanting to kill other people?

I guess you start with why do they want to kill? Are they over medicated as in most cases of mass shootings, does media actually influence and encourage this, and so on.

The majority of deaths are due to hand guns in illegal actions such as gangs vs gangs using guns not obtain legally.

If you can walk into a store and purchase a firearm in less time than it takes you to calm down from a heated argument, you're going to have more shootings. It's obvious.

Well typically the man doesn't need to buy a gun for this..he just beats the woman to death, or already has guns. Your issue here would prevent women from quickly obtaining a gun in need, or should she ask her crazy lover to not try to kill her until the 10 day waiting period is over.

The fact that gun homicides have been steady going down since the early 90s does not lead to an issue with guns. In 1993 there was over 18,000 gun homicides and over the last 5 years it has been between 8,000 to 9,000 per year. Typically less than 300 is your evil long gun or assault rifle. When we look that the population is 30% more and most likely 2x more guns are in the hands of the population than back then this shows an even bigger reduction in gun homicides. If you removed gang violence the numbers would drop off significantly still, so once again what is obvious to you is not so obvious...hehe

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Auto accidents are the leading cause of death in children under the age of 12 in the USA. Why not regulate cars more heavily. Something like 4000 people are killed by drivers in the USA each year by persons that did not have a valid driver's license.

They are regulated and pretty heavily. When I was growing up seat belts were not required. They add lap belts, found that they alone cause issues and now require shoulder belts also. Air bags are now required for head on collisions. Kids were being killed by seat belts in collisions so they required car seats for kids under 40 pounds. The list goes on and on, as they research and find things they make new laws to make cars safer. The total opposite is true for guns, no real research and no new laws, regardless of the cause.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

My point about car is in relation to preventing child deaths. Cars are the leading cause of death still for ages under twelve. Is it about saving lives or political talking points to restrict lawful gun owners. Excluding suicide deaths. Japan had an abnormally high suicide rate with strict gun laws. Europe has the same suicide rate per capita as the USA despite stricter gun laws. More people are killed by cars than murdered by firearms. You are two to three times more likely to die in a car wreck than be murdered by a firearm. Despite highway patrols, check points, testing, and the requirement of a license, still 4000 a year killed by unlicensed drivers. Why is there not a psyc evaluation, people never die from road rage. Why does society give a pass to the carnage created by cars. Because people don't want to be inconvenienced to save lives. If you are that afraid of being shot, wear a bullet proof vest......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

Homicide is not a top ten cause of mortality in the USA. You are more likely to be the cause of your own death than be murdered.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wouldn't it just be easier to make murder illegal?..... oh wait.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

sissies

sissies

sissies

Can you please explain to me what is so manly about standing 30 yards away from someone and inflicting lethal damage against them?

You keep coming back to this but it makes absolutely no sense.

Guns are a coward's weapon. They're only good for defending yourselves from the cowards who didn't choose the words that they're too "sissy" to use.

In the UK they would have everybody be a bunch of weakling sissies (psychologically speaking), yet dont have arms to defend themselves!?

I mean cmon, call the cops and press charges if somebody 'fist pumps' at you?

The implications of this massive social engineering trend are daunting, and deserve an entire thread, one which I intend to deliver on very soon...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree... picking a high profile catastrophe to profile an entire community and or country is absurd.

Another factor in the cause of all these things is the prescription medicine industry. While many of the medicines provide relief of ailments, prescriptions for mental health concerns are alarmingly excessive.

How many prescriptions are written every year?
A record 4.02 billion drug prescriptions were written in the U.S. in 2011, up from 3.99 billion the year before, according to the journal ACS Chemical Neuroscience. Antidepressants such as Zoloft and Celexa were the most prescribed class of drugs in 2011, with 264 million prescriptions filled.

How in the world are these facts never related to crime stats? In my opinion, it is impossible for current crime statistics to relate accurately to the realities of what human brains decide to do with the thoughts that consume them.

As I sit back and watch half of the country or more consume anti depressants at such large volumes, I pretty much expect to see much more violence and hatred inflicted towards others. How are we not to expect an increase in violent and hatred behaviors when over 1/4 billion pills are altering thought patterns in people. I do not buy into the idea that these pills are preventing more occurrences, because they are taken, initially, to repair a negative thought train. They also take away positive thoughts, leaving an overall numb feeling towards any positive or negative emotions. All of which leads to inabilities to think rationally.

Being we as a society seemingly prefer numb and unnatural choices to living the frequencies of life naturally, I think we are doing a pretty good job at keeping more of these publicized atrocities to a minimum. Why are all these occurrences publicized by the media to degrees of which we are made aware of what God they worship, yet never hear of what prescriptions these people are under the influence of?

Yes Dr., I blame you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join