It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Someone Somewhere Is Shooting Somebody... WITH A GUN!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No because that is a joke video not an intentional threat.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Yup. Happens in damn near every developed nation. People's rights come before imaginary "God given" ones.

The premise of "God given" rights is more about to classify them as being above what an man made government can give or take. Rights cannot be "given", or taken, under this notion, where a higher power concept (above government) has actual practical value in such regard (whether or not to do with Zeus or the baby Jesus). The same general concept is paramount in the libertarian type of concept of property rights, where you are your own property, which a manmade government cannot interfere with.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Actually, they were for real!

edit on 29-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Back on topic, here goes likewise commentary on the latest Orlando shooting:

Whenever there is a mass shooting, the media covers it 24/7, replaying frightening scenes and interviews for days. What kind of psychological effect does this non-stop coverage have on the viewing public? Joseph Haraszti, MD is a renown Pasadena, California Psychiatrist and expert on mood disorders says it can play a role in copycat situations. Are you feeling overly-saturated with non-stop news coverage of mass shootings?

Spot on about the "Contagion Effect".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here goes a complete documentary about it:
Mass Murderers and the Media Outlets That Love Them

playing it now...

Damn, so the filmaker was on campus during the Santa Monica CC Campus shooting, and has first hand account of how callously vulturistic the media crews were at that 'venue'.

So far he shows clips from the US and the UK, where even newscasters are blasting how the other newscasters were handling it.

Where I'm at now he has direct footage of "Wayne Gale's" vulture behavior from Natural Born Killers (I was able to find any proper clips in youtube for the OP).

Wrapping it up now.

THIS IS ACTUALLY A REALLY GOOD DOCUMENTARY!

A big thing he does well pointing out is how the coverage is hardly ever about the victims. If they simply covered the victims, instead of celebritize the killers, then the Contagion Effects would hardly be the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Given these shootings are the BIG thing all the time, and tend to have kids getting killed, I fail to see what other social issue is MORE important than the Medias role in driving an endless train of new mass murders.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

If you group all of Europe together to come closer to the diversity, land mass, and number of people in the USA, crime rate per capita because very close. The UK is an island nation which has better control of their boarders and that is though on violent crime. They make a big deal when violence is committed during theft and so on. I don't think gang violence would be tolerated there as it is in the USA.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Auto accidents are the leading cause of death in children under the age of 12 in the USA. Why not regulate cars more heavily. Something like 4000 people are killed by drivers in the USA each year by persons that did not have a valid driver's license.
edit on 29-6-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Media violence is FAR different than the real thing.. THE SMELLS are haunting.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Seems like a loss of rights then. The biggest threat to one's right is when the Government uses the word safety as their reason.

Yea it's really scary when the government chimes in and says it's inappropriate for a big box store to be selling guns to 18 year olds in a 10-minute transaction simply because they walked in and asked for one.

Then they shoot up their school the next day.

This "loss of rights" will amount to the loss of all gun rights, then all rights altogether, and then the sky will undoubtedly fall an crush us all. We deserve it, though, we can't even stop these tyrants from disallowing us to pick up a handgun, bullets, and a beer at the same checkout.
edit on 30-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

sissies

sissies

sissies

Can you please explain to me what is so manly about standing 30 yards away from someone and inflicting lethal damage against them?

You keep coming back to this but it makes absolutely no sense.

Guns are a coward's weapon. They're only good for defending yourselves from the cowards who didn't choose the words that they're too "sissy" to use.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've been following a story out of Houston, TX where a mother shot and killed her 2daughters last week. According to what I've been reading, she was denied a gun permit in Texas (not sure why)
Anyways, she shot them with an older gun that she had inherited from her grandfather. I'm pretty sure it wasn't registered. I think maybe a revolver type gun.
It seems the mom was pretty psycho and from what I've read,a narcissist.
It just seems the world is getting crazier every day.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Newsflash: People like to stab each other and punch each other in the face too. Happens all day, every day, everywhere. Shootings just get better ratings. The higher the casualty number, the higher the ratings.

And some people don't believe in evolution.

At the end of the day, we're just a bunch of violent self-serving animals. It's deep in our DNA, never to be bred out.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Cowards are those that commit home invasions. Rob from the elderly. Only those that are physically stronger have the right to commit violence? Stupid logic.
edit on 30-6-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Cowards are those that commit home invasions. Rob from the elderly. Only those that are physically stronger have the right to commit violence? Stupid logic.

What did I say about being physically stronger?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Then what is a brave persons's weapon? Guns are an equalizer and a tool. A person in their sixties using a firearm to defend themselves from home invasion is a coward? What is a person convicted of vehicular manslaughter or homicide?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Then what is a brave persons's weapon? Guns are an equalizer and a tool. A person in their sixties using a firearm to defend themselves from home invasion is a coward? What is a person convicted of vehicular manslaughter or homicide?

Go back an read the post you are commenting on and enjoy the embarrassment, unless you have severe reading comprehension issues..

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Yea it's really scary when the government chimes in and says it's inappropriate for a big box store to be selling guns to 18 year olds in a 10-minute transaction simply because they walked in and asked for one.

(Sorry, end quote )
After a back ground check is passed. Are not a convicted felon. Not on any lists.

More people are killed by 18 year old persons with a car than by 18 year olds with a gun. We trust people 18 years old to join the military?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

There are many laws on the books already, so I suggest enforcing them and not make more laws.

This "loss of rights" will amount to the loss of all gun rights, then all rights altogether, and then the sky will undoubtedly fall an crush us all. We deserve it, though, we can't even stop these tyrants from disallowing us to pick up a handgun, bullets, and a beer at the same checkout.

Not too distant past just about every truck had a gun in the back window, schools had gun clubs, my dad could walk into a bank with a gun on his hip and no one would look twice...what has changed? Today a kid points his finger and he is suspended, another kid has a toy gun and he is shot in 2 seconds, you walk down the street with a gun in open sight, perfectly legal and people run in terror calling the police.

No one ever looks at a simple why would a person want to kill another person, instead they scream guns are evil and just the fact that guns are around is the only reason needed for people to want to kill other people.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
No one ever looks at a simple why would a person want to kill another person, instead they scream guns are evil and just the fact that guns are around is the only reason needed for people to want to kill other people.

That is just not true. I have never in my life heard someone vouch that the gun is the motive itself. Such a ridiculous straw-man.

The solvable aspect to the problem is generally about ease of accessibility to a lethal long-ranged weapon when one does want to kill someone.

How exactly do you expect to prevent people from wanting to kill other people?

If you can walk into a store and purchase a firearm in less time than it takes you to calm down from a heated argument, you're going to have more shootings. It's obvious.
edit on 1-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join