It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge: U.S. Constitution Is Outdated, Judges Should Stop Studying It

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To also add:

While (lower court) judges should certainly be familiar with the Constitution, they do not not necessarily make Constitutional judgements and they are generally not Constitutional scholars or lawyers; they judge based on already established law/precedent; however, their judgements can also be used to support future precedent, by their very nature, yet whether those laws are also Constitutional or not is another matter, and a reason for the SCOTUS.

What with the number of laws on the books there is no realistic way to judge the strict Constitutionality of them all (even by the SCOTUS), but that's also where the SCOTUS comes in: to interpret the Constitutionality of those laws—or judgements that were—based on established law (or to establish new Constitutional precedents based on that interpretation), that are challenged and brought forth in front of it.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
Should a police officer who swore he would uphold the law who then publicly proclaims that the law should be ignored be allowed to keep his job too?

No, the police should uphold the law as it's written. That doesn't mean the officer can't say the law is wrong and work to change it though.

There are police officers on this very forum even that say pretty much the same thing. They'll do their jobs, but when they get the opportunity they try to change the law. That's what this judge is saying, he's advocating for changing laws.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
B) Those guys understood that, at its core, the Constitution is a framework and that society evolves.

Those guys, as you want to call the U.S. founding fathers, stated that those rights enumerated withing the U.S. Constitution are God given/natural, and that no government/State/state can deny the people of those rights.

The U.S. Constitution is the law of the land, at least it is supposed to be even tho there are people in government and other groups trying to destroy the U.S. Constitution.

edit on 29-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: introvert

TOO bad, we took an oath and they haven't absolved us of it so it REMAINS in place,because WE will kill for it.
WE couldn't care LESS what the HIPPIEBELT of education sh#ts out.
THAT is America, NOT Princeton or P.C. or any OTHER popular cultural movement to dismiss it.

I took that same oath, but I believe all should be equal, this is apparently where we differ, you seem to believe some are more equal than others.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Indigo5

And obviously became contaminated by the Chicago political atmosphere.

He is a NY Jew by birth and raising, how in the hell would Chicago corrupt him, I asked this once before, but like most questions, you have no answers.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

The Constitution and Bill of Rights DO NOT have an expiration date. They are the supreme law of the land in the USA. Get on board or get out. Nobody said you have to be here.

My family has been in this country since 1621, because you disagree with me, who gave you the right to tell me to GTFO, seriously? It was my ancestors that helped write that document, as well as the one it was based on, The Magna Carta.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Do you believe his act of voicing his opinion (free speech) should lead to him being taken off his bench? "

If his Personal Thoughts Conflict with his Ability to be Far and Balanced concerning his Court Decisions , then yes , he should Resign as a First Choice , then if he refuses , take Him to Court .

So basically any judge or elected official that doesn't agree with your personal beliefs should be impeached?

Should a police officer who swore he would uphold the law who then publicly proclaims that the law should be ignored be allowed to keep his job too?

For the third time, the OP took this out of context, the article was talking the hiring of legal professors. He wanted law schools to hire lawyers with practical experience, not constitutional scholars.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I doubt you could read me very well in person ,much less HERE.
The Constitution will remain the anchor of law and order we as individuals are sworn to maintain they adhere to the document or they become domestic enemy.
The line remains hidden, until fired upon...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Disgusting. This man should be fired. I cannot believe there are people that think like this, what a scumbag.

(post by Winstonian removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Not surprising, especially coming from "Slate"! What a rag......

I wonder what laws this so called "judge" wants to rule by? Is he cool with ending Democracy?

HERE'S A GOOD CLUE

edit on 30-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

A clear case of a judge aiding and abetting the slide of the US into the black hole of tyranny.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Deluxe comments coming from a U.S. Federal Judge about the U.S. Constitution.

Judge Richard Posner (7th Circuit) says he sees no reason for judges to study the Constitution !!

He claims it's too old and not up with today's culture.

He sees no value in studying any of it.

Sounds like he's really out of touch if you ask me.

I bet Obama agrees 100%.

Federal Judge: U.S. Constitution Is Outdated, Judges Should Stop Studying It

According to 7th Circuit Judge Richard Posner in a post published to Slate, U.S. judges should stop studying the Constitution.

“I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation,” Posner argued.

Judge Richard Posner (7th Circuit) says he sees no reason for judges to study the Constitution !!

This is really a game changer for the future kids ,the future of humanity and the future for people who hate to be controlled by simple words on a piece of paper.

I hope and pray to your gods that the future kids are not so controlled and programmed like the 70s generation on down.A generation so easily controlled by little tiny words on a piece of paper, from a time in which does not fit this time.

I really hope the younger generations will understand just how historic his words are when it comes to actually having ‘free will‘. I truly cannot imagine whom 92% of the populace is taking this; they are probably losing their minds, going completely crazy over the notion of having free will. A travesty an abomination of our souls not to be programmed how dare you try to take away our liberty’s to have strings, be puppets, listen, and obey.

We love to obey we love and cherish words that keep us contained and obedient.

The words this guy mentioned might just change a vicious program that humans have been under for eons It's just sad that people who are completly programed will never understand the true value of this...Sad is an under statement!
edit on 30-6-2016 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

The only people the Constitution "controls" are government employees.

The population is protected by it from abuses of power.

If the government isn't controlled and limited, than they can do whatever they want and the population becomes powerless, the only recourse at that point is revolution - or we can bend over and enjoy the tyranny - whichever.

Judges better study that Constitution real closely, for the sake of all humanity and to save the foundation of civilization itself.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

The only people the Constitution "controls" are government employees.

The population is protected by it from abuses of power.

If the government isn't controlled and limited, than they can do whatever they want and the population becomes powerless, the only recourse at that point is revolution - or we can bend over and enjoy the tyranny - whichever.

Judges better study that Constitution real closely, for the sake of all humanity and to save the foundation of civilization itself.

'Forgive them for being blind' Lord

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

A clear case of a judge aiding and abetting the slide of the US into the black hole of tyranny.

If you study the history of our court system you'll be so pissed.

The majority of our judiciary has been doing everything they could to twist that document to let government get away with all sorts of atrocities since day 1.

The minority has done a "decent" job of holding government back and keeping a very very loose leash on it. But it hasn't been "great" by any means.

I want new Amendments - ones focused on reigning in this madness. The three branches need a scolding and a spanking and a time out. They go too far, just as the framers warned was the inevitable nature of government.

We need checks and balances, but instead we see a history of "coincidences" most of the time that almost look like intergovernmental collusion to dominate and hurt the people to maintain hierarchy.

We have no choice but to fight back. If anyone cares about anything decent or good they'll give up all these silly "temporary pleasures" and just fight government till it surrenders to the Rule of Higher Law unconditionally across the board.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

And you know what really chaps my hide?

All of these lame attorneys!

They play this little game where they sell out 90% of the time give or take.

Defense attorneys appear to work against their clients way too often. The State's attorneys rarely have any semblance of Ethics or Morality either.

It's all about winning (and you losing your freaking life). Unless you're one of the co-conspirators, then it's all about giving free rides.

It's gotta end. It's time for Justice to use that sword against tyrants.

I only get on my knees to beg God to put government on it's knees serving it's master, we the people.

All I see are stars and stripes.
edit on 6/30/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Patriots Assemble!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What does it say?!?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'll be in court in 5 hours.

All I'll talk about is the Constitution.
That's the ONLY reason I'll be there.
For my country...

This judge can ignore that Contract if he wants, I don't care, I already won before I even show up, cuz I'll never ignore or forget what millions of Americans fought and bled and DIED for - my Freedom.

They faced rockets, canonfire, and death.
All I face is a silly man in a robe.

There's no way to lose.
I'm an American,
Not a coward!

I promise I won't let them piss on it any more.
No more...
They're gonna Love it like we do.
I'll show em.

Stand up, petition and redress these grievances, before it's too late...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join