It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car vs moose in Finland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Impact force makes poop flying... Happened in Keimola, Finland. One passenger was mildly injured. The moose was toast.

edit on 28-6-2016 by koperniguz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: koperniguz

The reason you buy Volvo in the Nordics

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Lucky it was a small one.

Moose on toast. Finnish roadkill cuisine?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Had a few near misses when I lived there. Never had one hit the car though. Also seen some nasty accidents where the car did hit. This one doesn't seem too bad as it didn't go through the windscreen, but appears to have bounced off. Still reckon the car will be a write off.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Both drivers are lucky to be alive. I hit a moose on my way to work in the winter. The car became an accordion. The doors crumpled and the only reason why I wasnt crushed was that the impact was on the passenger side. If there was anyone with me. They would have been dead. My drivers side window was smashed, so I was able to pull myself through the opening.
The hiway is usually deserted at night, with drivers only leaving the mine site. I walked toward home for an hour in -30 C before a car that passed the accident seen me walking towards town.
I was dazed right out of it, head bleeding from glass shards. I just wanted to go home. I told the guy who picked me up to just bring me home. Ill never forget what he said to me "Not a chance man, your going to the hospital to get looked at. Yours heads bleeding all over the place...thats not cool man."
He called my wife on his cell once we got into cell range and said to meet me at the hospital.
Turns out I was fine, some bruising from the steering wheel and a drivers side windshield worth of glass in my head. Even in my ears, i was picking out glass.
They say your life flashes before your eyes in these situations, and it truly does.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Having driven the lower 48-Alaska run for a couple of years, I can say this is a modest example.

The following is an eye-opener, to say the least:

www.wideopenspaces.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Pretty sad fate for a confused moose calf/yearling. With an older moose, of course, may have caused a driver causality. Almost had similar happen, thought not as a severe at a lower speed, with a deer, which had bounced off a car and back into the guard rail.
edit on 28-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: bad spell check

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Your right, lucky it was a small one. The big ones are bigger than horses. After someone has hit a moose or elk on the freeway it looks like there was a massacre. Especially the night after a full moon when they are all walking the streets

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hit a moose once when I was travelling around Scandinavia. I Broke all my knuckles.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Happens all the time in the AK. So often that you have to sign up on a wait list to harvest the carcass. Which is helpful to those that rely on bagging one every year to feed the family. Like 2 years ago it rained all during the moose hunting season (constant rain and moose head into the trees then don't come out) and a couple people I know were waiting for the call.

That was a small one. I stepped out the front door, mind on other things, and one about the same size was lazing in the yard 20 feet (6 meters) away. I did not even notice until I looked to see why a car was slowing down. She looked at me, I at her (assuming it was a her!) and went on about my business while she just laid in the sun!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Free dinner?

Isn't that the rule?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yes. Police will call hunters to get the meat.

new topics

top topics

join