It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitbulls kills 3 day old baby

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Pitbulls arent bad dogs. Dogs who receive bad training, or no training are bad dogs. Pitbulls are the original babysitter dog. My kids all grew up with pitts. They lounged on them with their blankets while sucking their thumbs. There were never any bites. When a small child is here, My pitts will, as if instinctivly, come and lay next to them as if they are on duty as a nanny. A 3 year old boy was here recently asleep on the sofa. My female blue nose went up on the sofa and curled around him and under his head to make a pillow for his head. At first the childs mother was alarmed for a second, then she saw what was up and was at ease.
Ive had all kinds of dogs the years. My lab was goofy. My Queensland was unpredictable, and my golden retriever shed and smelled bad. None of them were anywhere near as intelligent as the 3 pitts I have had. The male I have now can even speak. He has called me Dad before, very clearly, and always says hello when I come home from work.

You must see the statistics. Training and socialization play a part. But I think the breeding practices have caused this.

Pitt bulls account for most fatalities. I have known very sweet pitbiulls. I am sure Quamtum's dog is fantastic and the pits you have/had were also. Those accounts are anecdotal, though.

I have owned a german shepherd and a lab. Both really smart, really affectionate. I didn't have any dogs when my child was a baby, though. I just wouldn't. I even had a screen door on her bedroom in her first year, about, to keeep the cats out at night.

edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: butcherguy

Where have I ever said they weren't? That doesn't mean that they're aggressive killing machines, contrary to popular opinion on ATS. God forbid people let facts get in the way of their opinions.

They are in general, aggressive. It is not just 'popular opinion'. You have been presented with facts, statistics and caselaw. You still seem to think that counts as 'popular opinion'.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Having a large animal around a 3 day old baby. Good call.

I feel sad for the parents.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely!

My Sasha Fierce will get backhanded to oblivion if she ever had a psychotic break and decided to gouge me or my daughter eyes out.

I think that is a good rule of common sense.. don't keep animals in or around your home that:

-jaw PSI is 5 times stronger than yours
-has suffocating constricting abilities
-can swallow you, your shiatsu, and your kids WHOLE
-has the physical strength of 100 human men ( seriously, your chimp should be in the Congo, not going to bday parties)
-spits/stings/sprays poison
-sprints at speeds human legs cant match

edit on 28-6-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And I can find statistics that show that they're NOT aggressive normally.

According to the American Temperament Test Society (2010-2011), 804 American Pit Bull Terriers were tested and 695 passed. This means that 86.4% of Pit Bulls tested by the ATTS had a good temperament. Pit Bulls pass rating was above 121 other breeds of dogs, including Golden Retrievers!

einhorninsurance.com...

But somehow, they're all aggressive killing machines.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So the courts are 100% accurate? You realize that they go by Animal Control, vets, and shelter staff, right? The same shelter staff that mis-identified 1 in 3 dogs at Pitbulls that had no Pitbull DNA. Without a DNA test, you can't identify a Pitbull 100% accurately, no matter how intelligent you are.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Pit crossed with Shar-Pei.

Shar-Pei - If poorly socialized or trained, it can become especially territorial and aggressive

she thought the dogs were tied up in the backyard. ...

Macias says the two male dogs, which are believed to be a mix of Shar-Pei and pit bull, are owned by the 33-year-old woman's brother

A life chained/tied in the backyard. Sounds like real family pets.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And I can find statistics that show that they're NOT aggressive normally.

According to the American Temperament Test Society (2010-2011), 804 American Pit Bull Terriers were tested and 695 passed. This means that 86.4% of Pit Bulls tested by the ATTS had a good temperament. Pit Bulls pass rating was above 121 other breeds of dogs, including Golden Retrievers!

einhorninsurance.com...

But somehow, they're all aggressive killing machines.

That was a 12 minute test. In that 12 minutes, most of the pit bulls tested got a good 'temperament rating'. A lot of those pit bulls would go on to attack a person or another dog, though.

The site is Einhorn Insurance. The article is aBIG AD They state

Einhorn Insurance provides home insurance and renters insurance to owners of “dangerous or blacklisted” dog breeds. We can help you get dog liability insurance to cover your Pit Bull, Chow, Doberman, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Staffordshire Terrier…etc. Check out at einhorninsurance.com... , call XXXX-XXX-4644 or email [email protected] Insurance specializes in dog liability insurance. We can help you find Pit Bull liability insurance even if your Pit has a history of biting or has been deemed dangerous or potentially dangerous.

They are trying to sell insurance for homeowners who have these dogs that are deemed dangerous and are difficult to insure. Sure, they will sell it, or 'help you find it', meaning they may not sell it at all if the dog has already done soomething bad, but refer you. That article is based on SELLING INSURANCE to people who have dogs difficult to insure.

I am sure the rate is high, and for a reason.

I am sort of surprised at you, an ad disguised as a serious article?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So the courts are 100% accurate? You realize that they go by Animal Control, vets, and shelter staff, right? The same shelter staff that mis-identified 1 in 3 dogs at Pitbulls that had no Pitbull DNA. Without a DNA test, you can't identify a Pitbull 100% accurately, no matter how intelligent you are.

In the case in the OP, it will show pit bull/Shar Pei mix. If the post about the mix is correct. Is calling the dog a pit bull wrong it if it obviously has the characteristics and strength of a pit bull, though it has some Shar Pei Mix? That is what the DNA would show, even though the dog, for all intents and purposes, is a pit bull and not a sharp pei.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The closest thing to a Pitbull that I've ever owned was an American Bulldog. They are a cross between Mastiff, Pit, and English Bulldog.

Titan was an amazing dog. So big, we literally had an additional adult sized inhabitant of our home. I loved him dearly...he'd sit on the steps behind the lovseat I'd sit on, and lick the back of my head through the stair railing.

No matter how wonderful he was....he had an EXTREMELY strong prey drive. We had cats....and if they *ever* ran past him....he'd launch after them. Many, many times I'd find the cats utterly coated in drool from Titan.

The only exposure I've had directly with a pitbull, was when a friend of mine and I were walking her doberman/rott mix, Luther. We're walking through the neighborhood, and suddenly this pitbull breaks out of a closed garage (he had been chewing through the garage door), and before we knew it, he had Luther down and was latched onto his throat.

The *only* thing I could do to save Luther's life, was to repeatedly punch the pitbull in the throat which forced him to let go of Luther.

The sad thing is...the moment my friend took Luther out of the picture...that pitbull was adorable. VERY friendly.

I love animals. I love dogs. But, there are certain animal breeds that are simply dangerous. I feel that pitbulls should only be had in rural areas, and possibly a specially licensed owner that has taken very, very advanced dog training certification courses.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is why I often hate the internet. I just don't want to hear about stuff like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Pit crossed with Shar-Pei.

Shar-Pei - If poorly socialized or trained, it can become especially territorial and aggressive

she thought the dogs were tied up in the backyard. ...

Macias says the two male dogs, which are believed to be a mix of Shar-Pei and pit bull, are owned by the 33-year-old woman's brother

A life chained/tied in the backyard. Sounds like real family pets.

Why does that show they were tied in a yard all day? They were tied in a yard at the time. It is better than owners that go to work and cage their animals all day. I never understood that. I know it is so they don;t eat the furniture or pee in the house, but if I couldn't stop them from doing that I wouldn't cage them 8 hours. I would either 1) not have them 2) Hire someone to come in the middle of the day to walk them 3) Make an outdoor enclosure larger than a cage for at least the warmer months.

Being out in the yard is not a bad thing, if they are walked regularly. They are pets, not elephants.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Depending on the year or years in the research. Pitbulls and Pitbull mixes generally make up 59%-70% of all dog attack related deaths. You can google that and you'll see that most years it falls in that range. You'll have a few outlier years where Pitbulls are responsible for less deaths but it's still a significant percentage.

I liken them to wolves. I love wolves, but would never have one as a pet or around my children. I love bears as well. Love them. But would never have a bear as a pet or around my children. Common sense people. Common sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

You have said it all. That is an anecdote that includes everything.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Pitbulls arent bad dogs. Dogs who receive bad training, or no training are bad dogs. Pitbulls are the original babysitter dog. My kids all grew up with pitts. They lounged on them with their blankets while sucking their thumbs. There were never any bites. When a small child is here, My pitts will, as if instinctivly, come and lay next to them as if they are on duty as a nanny. A 3 year old boy was here recently asleep on the sofa. My female blue nose went up on the sofa and curled around him and under his head to make a pillow for his head. At first the childs mother was alarmed for a second, then she saw what was up and was at ease.
Ive had all kinds of dogs the years. My lab was goofy. My Queensland was unpredictable, and my golden retriever shed and smelled bad. None of them were anywhere near as intelligent as the 3 pitts I have had. The male I have now can even speak. He has called me Dad before, very clearly, and always says hello when I come home from work.

You must see the statistics. Training and socialization play a part. But I think the breeding practices have caused this.

Pitt bulls account for most fatalities. I have known very sweet pitbiulls. I am sure Quamtum's dog is fantastic and the pits you have/had were also. Those accounts are anecdotal, though.

I have owned a german shepherd and a lab. Both really smart, really affectionate. I didn't have any dogs when my child was a baby, though. I just wouldn't. I even had a screen door on her bedroom in her first year, about, to keeep the cats out at night.

Yep. Because pit bulls were popularized in the media and entertainment industries. People got Pit Bulls because they were the "cool" dogs with big muscles, fierce fighting machines as seen in the latest rap music videos.

I've seen extremely aggressive dogs of many breeds including pit bulls. They all had one thing in common. They were abused/trained to be that way. Pit bulls are just more common for these types of people because their pop idols made it look cool to abuse pit bulls and make them aggressive.
edit on 28-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Screw it, just go on hating Pitbulls until we just destroy them all. Which breed are you going to go after next?
edit on 6/28/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

That is a big part of it too. Somehow, pit bulls have the largest % of fatalities, though. Breeding, also went awry.

The stats have been posted. I know some people have beloved pitbulls. It is just the way it is. Rottweilers have been bred the same way. That is also a shame, I have worked in one house where the massive rott was so fun to be around. Would roll over (taking up half of the living room) to have his tummy scratched. Another house, the 2 rotts were scary as hell. They would become aggressive. In both cases, the owners had raised almost form birth, treated great and spent untold sums on training.

Still, with 2 very different results.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If they are in the back yard, why do they need to be tied? Chaining seems to be a common practice.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey look, it's useless to argue about it. Pit-bulls/Guns, there's no no middle ground between opposing views.

Guy behind me has a Pit-bull/Boxer mix. The sweetest dog you have ever met. Just a happy, goofy, slobbery oaf - until it switches modes. If it hears something in the woods or sees a cat or it gets nervous with lots of activity around.

My kids love the dog, but when they see it loose, they have strict instructions to come inside.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Screw it, just go on hating Pitbulls until we just destroy them all. Which breed are you going to go after next?

We don't kill all the wolves or bears, we just don't keep em as pets.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join