It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maverick scientist thinks he has discovered a magnetic sixth sense in humans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Bedlam

Quite incorrect. You can certainly have electric and magnetic fields that do not propagate as radio waves. This is a great example.

I never said anything about radio waves. I do not know why you are mentioning this.

Because you are repeatedly talking about brain waves being electromagnetic waves. That's radio waves, for the frequency range you are discussing. When you talk about electric potential changes creating magnetic fields and that's an electromagnetic wave bla bla you are talking about creating a propagating radio wave, and that's not what's going on with EEG traces.

You're misunderstanding what the 10Hz is measuring. That Hz value is not measuring the energetic frequency [i.e. Planck's Equation: E =(h)(frequency)]

No, it's what I told you, it's measuring the potential difference between the electrode and a ground reference point on the head.

, it is measuring the resonance between two electrodes on the EEG array

That is not at all accurate. Your brain is not 'resonant' at 10Hz. EEGs do not measure 'resonance'.

Nevertheless, the electromagnetic frequencies measured by the electrodes are based on electromagnetic waves being emitted by the various brain regions. How else but by electromagnetic waves could an external electrode receive such a signal?

It is not an electromagnetic wave. The EEG is measuring electric potential. Period.

<< 1  2   >>

join