It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy news conference on Benghazi

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Actually the nitwit admitted the reports were a failure.
Trey Gowdy Just Accidentally Admitted That The House Benghazi Report Is A Total Failure

The resulting report was an 800-page long rehash of various Republican conspiracies and allegations. The facts that Gowdy pointed to don’t back up anything that Republicans have been claiming about Benghazi for years. There no evidence of criminal activity or a criminal conspiracy. Republicans conclude in their biased partisan opinion that things “should have been known,” but they present no real evidence to back up their claims. The press release on the report was pure damage control spin, as the emphasis was placed on generating a lot of pages in the hope that the volume of the report could disguise its lack of substance. Gowdy defended the report by practically begging the American people to read it, which points to what the real motivation for the investigation has always been. Republicans wasted millions of taxpayer dollars on a publicity effort to get voters interested in a conspiracy theory.

Citing sone pundit's "opinion" is valueless.

Following are some HARD facts (hat tip ZeroH):

-Despite SecDef orders to deploy military assets, NOTHING was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began. [pg. 141]

- A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times. [pg. 154]

Plus, before that attack Hillary REDUCED security at the compound:
www.politifact.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: neo96

That, in and of itself, is an outrage.

When a military unit is deployed into a hot zone, it is absolutely imperative that before they get there they have had time to handle, check, and re-check all weapons which will be deployed with them in the field, and had the opportunity to put all the miscellaneous items they will need into their fatigues and assault harnesses. This should be done while they are still airborne in normal circumstances, but changing kit several times adds far too many possible variables to a mission profile, like someone leaving their grenades in the wrong pants (I know it seems stupid, but stupid things happen from time to time).

When time is a factor, the chances of something going wrong increase, because the amount of time preparing for a given action is necessarily lower, the approach to the location where the action is will be necessarily faster, the risks are simply greater. You do not put fast response troops through an amateur dramatics style wardrobe change four times, before you deploy them to their operational area. That is just absolutely bloody stupid from an operational stand point. I know these people are professionals, but give the dudes a break!

They didn't even have permission to move!

They had to find their own plane to get there.

WTF is that about?

Took them 3 hrs!

Great job by washington. But they did get a 3 hr meeting in about what to blame tho.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Spin this however you like.

What you can't spin is that our foreign policy was such a fail ; Commander in chief and Secretary of State both knew and had access to info that our Ambassador was in a dangerous situation, yet failed to even implement a proper evacuation strategy.

That kind of piss poor judgement is not fit for further service.

Oh, that must be the qualifications that people grace hillary with to be potus.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You forget the deliberate creation of a special status for the Benghazi installation to allow them to skirt the usual security regs possibly leaving it even more vulnerable than it would otherwise be.

Yes thank you, I didn't know that.

Still, Stevens couldn't bring his security detail with him.

It's about the optics. I guess the Libyans had no idea that the USA was bombing them.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: burgerbuddy

For consideration:

Perhaps they lied because the Ambassador and the others were part of a CIA gun-running operation that funneled arms to the Syrian rebels fighting to take out Assad and got caught by the local opposition.

Forgive me if I jump to conspiracy-mode, but it appears that Stevens and the rest knew what they were doing, were trying to affect outcomes in Syria and Egypt and paid for it with their lives.

Now can the President and the SoS be open and honest about such things if it was a classified action?

Probably not. That would be a violation of their security clearance.

We all know how we dislike people violating security clearances...

Yeah about that, great plan wasn't it?

Seems like the Admin didn't want it to happen.

How do you do that and not have any protection?

Sounds pretty f'n stupid if running guns was the whole point of Stevens being there.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
this is a terrible chapter in obama and hillary's record, just shameful

as usual the GOP screws it up by announcing to the the world the investigation was politically motivated and they lose the moral high ground

they may have seen their last presidency with bush, its like amateur hour over there

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Remember a lot of "Republicans" are against Trump.

Some even support Hillary.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
this is a terrible chapter in obama and hillary's record, just shameful

as usual the GOP screws it up by announcing to the the world the investigation was politically motivated and they lose the moral high ground

they may have seen their last presidency with bush, its like amateur hour over there

hillary said that, no one on the GOP side has.

Nice try.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Does anyone else find the timing of the Istanbul attack and the Gowdy report, too much of a coincidence?

lol, this is ATS, after all.

Takes the focus away from hillary, a hail mary pass into the end zone.

Nahh, never mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Plus, before that attack Hillary REDUCED security at the compound:
www.politifact.com...

From your article:

U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson signaled as much on May 6, 2014, two days before the GOP-led House of Representatives voted to open what by some counts is the eighth Benghazi investigation. In an opinion article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Johnson alleged that a "dereliction of duty" by Clinton contributed to the deaths of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

So, you're repeating the words of a Republican Senator from an OPINION PIECE as fact, when the Republicans have stated, publicly, on the record that the Benghazi investigations were nothing more than political theatre.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Political theatre ?

I quoted pages straight out of the report that point, at the very least, to clear incompetence and dereliction of duty.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Political theatre ?

I quoted pages straight out of the report that point, at the very least, to clear incompetence and dereliction of duty.

RIght. A report generated by the same Republicans that have tried for four years to do anything they can to undermine Clintons's campaign.

That report you're so proud of was not even shared with the Democratic members of the Committee, they were allowed no input into it, all it clearly shows is the facts that a) there was no way to save those four Americans and b) Hillary Clinton was exonerated of any wrong-doing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Careful, your bias is showing.

Hillary failed and is a failure, period.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastupungen
Careful, your bias is showing.

Hillary failed and is a failure, period.

My bias is showing? LOL. I mean, I am literally laughing at the screen. That's got to be the most ironic thing I've read today.

That is an astounding statement in light of what's going on here. The fact that the right-wingers at ATS are STILL trying to spin the NINTH report that CONCLUSIVELY demonstrates that a) Hillary Clinton did nothing wrong in regard to Benghazi and b) there was no way to save those four Americans that died.

As far as to whether Clinton is a failure, let's talk about it again in November.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gin

Ha ha

Seriously ATS, moderate your board if you're going to moderate it. Now delete my comment and leave my quoted one up.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Political theatre ?

RIght. A report generated by the same Republicans that have tried for four years to do anything they can to undermine Clintons's campaign.

That report you're so proud of was not even shared with the Democratic members of the Committee, they were allowed no input into it, all it clearly shows is the facts that a) there was no way to save those four Americans and b) Hillary Clinton was exonerated of any wrong-doing.

The military was on stand by, but the mission to help in Benghazi was denied. I just gave you the citation above.

FACTS!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Political theatre ?

The military was on stand by, but the mission to help in Benghazi was denied. I just gave you the citation above.

FACTS!

The results of NINE Congressional Investigations, the words of the Secretary of Defense and top-level Pentagon officials disagree with this tired narrative.

You offered your interpretation of statements above and nothing more.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

(post by ElectricUniverse removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There is no way for Hillary or the state department or military to claim they had no idea what was going on.

Sean Smith the tech expert who died played a game called EVE Online, he was a big part of the game and while he was trapped he was saying goodbye to his friends from this game online.

People playing EVE online knew what was happening for hours.

Hillary knew about it before and while it was happening and chose not to take any action while the military begged for permission.

The only reason she would do this is to hide evidence, not secure it. Whatever was at those locations Hillarys state department wanted it destroyed and if thats a fact she did more then just turn a blind eye. It also shows the CIA was very much in on it but the diplomats were not.

Weapons or gold stolen by the CIA under the suport of the state department and Hillary is my best GUESS.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Godstuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2016 by Godstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Political theatre ?

FACTS!

The results of NINE Congressional Investigations, the words of the Secretary of Defense and top-level Pentagon officials disagree with this tired narrative.

You offered your interpretation of statements above and nothing more.

Interpretation ?
No.
Turn to page 141 of the report, and READ

"...NOTHING was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed ALMOST 8 HOURS AFTER THE ATTACK BEGAN..."

"8 hours after"- does that register at all ?

DESPITE THE FACT THEY HAD MILITARY UNITS ON STAND BY

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join