It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I smudge my house?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Before you smudge the house, you may want to rule out other things.

1) Check to see that there was no earthquakes or crashes in the area. Earthquakes can shake to where you wake up feeling the bump. Depending on the area, you may be in an area that has such. Things like fracking tend to cause such.

2) Check the house out, things like foundations is always settling and if the foundation is having problems it may be part of the issues you are having.

3) Check for things like mold and carbon monoxide, see if there is any significant levels.

4) Rule out all physical probabilities before going to the smudging.

5) Before you smudge, open up all of the inside doors of the house and have every one take a straw broom or allow you to do such, and start in the far cornors of the rooms and sweep out the house. This is symbolic of removing the old and the bad energies moving them out of the house.

6) Set out a bowl of water and food outside, as an offering, to the spirits to live in harmony and peace, and to leave, along with to move towards the light.

7) When you smudge, once again, start in the farthest part of the house and you have to get in every room and closet, moving slowly from room and area, asking the spirtis to move on and that if they mean ill will, that they are to go.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Smudging also affects the ions in the air, this is why I originally started it. The smoke contains negative ions that help eliminate the positive ions in the air.

I don't put any "thought" into the smudging when I do it. Just think of it more like cleaning your inside air. Here is a little article to give you an idea.

Science of Smudging

My husband hates the smell so if someone is sensitive to odors you need to wait until they are not around.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The paranormal aside...look for something more mundane causing the physical malaise; mold, chemicals, toxic fumes, etc.

new carpet, paint, insulation, pesticides....

but perhaps smudging could have a placebo effect...no harm in that.
edit on 28-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

Can't hurt at all.

I would also make sure you have enough carbon monoxide detectors and that they are all working properly. One with a digital display and special certifications are best. There are very good ones for about $20.

You could have an electrician check your wiring. For the cost of a diagnostic visit, he an check electromagnetic levels. If they are too high in some areas of the house, sometimes there is an easy fix, like adding more wiring insulation.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't see any harm in doing it.

As others said, look around the house for obvious signs to rule it out and then if you feel nothing's out of place proceed with smudging.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: 191stMIDET

does this mean it would not work for a house where only 2 people live?

Good question, in that case a family member or close friend basically someone who spends time in the home or atleast is welcome there should take part. For whatever reason it takes three, or atleast that is the way "I" was taught and this way works for me. Smudging doesn't have to be done in this elaborate way but this method is for evicting a negative spirit/entity or whatever the thing causing the disturbance is from a home business place etc. So it's pretty serious and not just trying to lighten the "mood" of a building.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrkn4livn
We have been in this house for about 16 years. It was very light and sunny

Lately, my wife and I have been very tired and sluggish in the house. When we're out, things seem fine.
We have a 24 year old who stays in his room and seldom comes out. He appears to have no interest except reading internet blog that talk about how screwed up things are. We also have a 34 year old with cerebral palsy.

There has been activities.

Our oldest did dabble in the occult when younger.

I once saw a figure look around the corner when I was pulling into the driveway. He looked around the corner, inside the house, then pulled back real quick. I went inside and checked the house and didn't see anyone.
My wife was in the garage a coupe years back and thought I'd walked in. She started talking g to me and turned around and I was not there.

Once, the door knob on my bedroom vibrated. Shortly after, I heard a very loud thud on the bathroom door header leading into the bedroom.
My wife once felt the bed being bumped, hard enough to feel it

I'm asking if a smudging could possibly make things worse? My wife said at least then we would know if it really was something effecting us in negative way and she is NOT into this kind of thing so to have her agree was somewhat surprising.

I think smudging simply encourages positive vibes.

What do you all think?
p.s. I of course also agree that all mundane explanations should be explored like high EMF, Carbon Monoxide, Argon etc. FIRST! Before diving into the ritual I described.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sure, why not? Just make sure it's done in a proper manner or by someone experienced enough. To go along with it's always safe to have any diagnosed and suspected health issues, mental included dealt with, with people of the home who have them. As well as any of their past involvements discussed as to they may have heightened the experiences. As a combination of health and involvement is what may brought out the "negativity" in the first place.

Also, a history on the place is pretty helpful to know as well in case it may be an influencing factor. As is knowing the lay of the land, close to water(a said conductor of the "energy"), near a cemetery, etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Better question:

Why NOT smudge your house? Sage smells awesome in its own right!

It's really not some dangerous mumbo-jumbo ordeal. You can go all out with chanting and sea shells, or you can just use a Bic lighter and walk the sage around making the place smell pleasant.

You decide how serious to take things, and your mind determines what the reality will shape up to be.
edit on 28-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the answer is, as you say, that someone was messing with the occult. That could make things very tricky, if this thing was summoned or invited in

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn if spirits are active through electricity and the air is heavier in your home, you may need some sodalite and or lepidolite stones that have been ran under cold water and left in the sun a bit and then rinsed again... place around the house.
I have been using cedar and sage combination with only a clearing effect... never have I heard that smudging is dangerous...I like to mediate on the love of Christ and not a random spirit helper... to feel safe in any sort of "occult'' like things... incense is ancient and I believe used in biblical times.
Best wishes... may all feel better in your home.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra I hadn't read your post until after I posted... I love safety first! It soothed my OCD to read your post.
I'm thinking electromagnetic smog might be the culprit of heavy energy and strange presence, sometimes.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sage vanilla, francensense and myrrh, all your other types of herbs and spices are effectively stuff of spells and magic
You have an unwelcome spirit in your home, that makes it unfriendly, it's evil

So to turn to smudging and that's just spell casting, magic, using other spirits that you have no way of controlling to fight the current spirit/s

Sounds like you may be inviting in potentially more dangerous spirits

I know how despised Jesus is in the world, but I would recommend some simple praying aloud.
Not praying for self gain, just chatty stuff to Jesus
Just like talking aloud to a close friend
How your day went, how you feel, the good and the bad, ask for the Holy Spitits presence in your home
Ask for protection and a calm over your home

I know people think that the world is full of good spirits and bad, Jesus taught that the bad are here on earth to torment humanity
Be very careful

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Use sacred flat cedar, I think it gets rid of negative entities, got that out of Rolling Thunder if I remember.

don't use sweet grass except to attract good spirit.

Sage is good for protection

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thanks everyone! I'll update when we're done. Have to gather the sage and have the family meeting.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this thread will help also, sort of same issue with successful outcome

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join