It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Children of the Lost valley

page: 1

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM

My birthplace, or my home is maybe what i should call it.. Was a place in a valley, we had hills and wast forests, lakes and just across the big meadow fields there was the sea..
Our school and kindergarten teachers told us stories and made us relive them by being in dramatic plays, mostly to believe in what we can achieve..

In the summer we played football and in the winter we skated or skied, we had some who became professional athletes.. But somehow they still came back to this very place on every big holiday..

We were raised in a unique place, it was like the magic fort you had when you grew up.. And we defended it against others who wanted to take our little place of hope..

Nietzsche once said," Your culture is your border " My country, my land, my hope and my dreams.. Was in the Valley, outside of it was a world i didnt even care for.. My friends, my family lived in that Valley.. And when i grew up, i defended that valley.. We were muslims, Jews, Christians, Atheists, Jehovas, Africans, Asians, Hispanics our belief or color didnt matter cause our culture was the same, we were the "Children of the Lost valley". And still today, it is my home no matter where i live..

edit on 2016628 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

new topics