It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit could mean VISA-FREE migration between Australia, UK, Canada and NZ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So countries with predominantly white English speaking populations for you then...But it was never about Racism was it.?

Australia and New Zealand?...couldn't you find some White friends a little closer. hahahahahahaha.

No its abbot standard of living.

Would love to see the Bahamas and some of the other Caribbean country's added to the list. Hell even south Africa in the long term if they short some of there # out.

They're commonwealth. All the commonwealth should be included.
But, yes, after they sort out their problems.
thecommonwealth.org...

edit on 28-6-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't go for full immigration between countries yet, countries have to be able to control their borders, but for travel between countries - no visa.
edit on 28-6-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

On the surface of it, looks like a good idea.

Knowing you posed the thought, I look a bit deeper.....(joke)

Does those closer ties represent an 'new' form of 'commonwealth'? One that, per force, has the U.K. as it's 'leader'. Seeing history went from empire to commonwealth to whatever the mess was the EU will be labelled, are we reversing course here?

The upside of the EU fiasco was a virtual dissolving of that commonwealth and the resultant freedoms the former 'colonies' enjoyed.

I would think those nations will have second thoughts when they realize the U.K. can now dump their overloaded and culturally incompatible immigrants on them under the guise of free movement of labour.

The TPP crowd would love it.....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think, in the end that's where we are heading, though some Commonwealth countries have such problems that I can't see free travel and settlement working. Places like India and parts of Africa spring to mind.

Free trade, though, that is entirely doable.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I think, in the end that's where we are heading, though some Commonwealth countries have such problems that I can't see free travel and settlement working. Places like India and parts of Africa spring to mind.

Yeah it wouldn't work with India or some of the African states as it stands now as there standards of living are so low you would end up with a influx of millions.

A rule around standard of living and poverty levels would need to be introduced.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't actually know if I want closer relations with any other countries that allows others to come here willy nilly. I have had enough immigration so why close one door merely to open the Commonwealth country's huge barn door

I do see the advantages of having people who can speak the same language and are of a similar culture which makes employment far easier. I would love to see New Zealand lamb back but I would prefer to see the UK trade without any tags to its borders unless someone is headhunted from abroad or we have a shortage of certain skills and cannot find enough unemployed people to retrain for these skills.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Having a few more minutes digesting your thread, one of the downsides of the U.K. vote will be the immigrants you already have.

An non-EU members, it is unlikely the remaining EU members will not allow your current immigrants the same privileges to immigrate back to the E.U.... Simply put, the U.K. would be stuck with them unless they arbitrarily
booted them out.

Can there be any doubt that any of those commonwealth nations would look better than the U.K., opportunity-wise, to those 'less than compatible' immigrants?

Australia already has it's own issues with similar immigrants. NZ, as you've previous posted, has very tough immigration standards. Canada? About as incompetent as the current lot in the U.K., gov't wise...

Bottom line no more commonwealth, thank you very much. Close ties? Absolutely!

The colonies have had freedom from the British boot for a very short time. If the EU has taught the world anything is beware Greeks bearing gifts and new associations. Same old, same old..JMO

edit on 28-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Free trade? Really? Free trade has virtually destroyed the mightiest economy the world has ever seen. Be careful what you wish for......

There's nothing free about free trade.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Its about who you free trade with.

The problem is free trade between rich and poor country's because the lower cost of production in poor country's means businesses will move there. Eg the USA-China trade deals.

Deals between country's of equal or equivalent standards and price of living would not encounter that problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Its about who you free trade with.

The problem is free trade between rich and poor country's because the lower cost of production in poor country's means businesses will move there. Eg the USA-China trade deals.

Deals between country's of equal or equivalent standards and price of living would not encounter that problem.

That is logical and I agree with it, in general. Yet it raises the question why there wasn't free trade between them earlier if it was such a 'good idea'?

Then there's the seemingly innocuous deals that begin the process that leads to the TPP level. NAFTA seemed reasonable. Three countries geographically connected involved in trade both manufactured and resource based. Try taking a carton of smokes or a quality bottle of wine into Canada from the U.S.. It'll cost more in duties than the purchase price! The slippery slope...

Much like Marx or Ayn Rand. Great in theory, the reality is much different. Can you cite an example of 'free trade' that actually exists?

It is probably the biggest carrot held forth by the globalists.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
How can the us get in on this? Anglophones unite.

Add the us into the mix and bam we have the superstate of oceania, just like orwell had on his map

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well it worked well for us before before WW2

Up till then britain always had a informal free trade agreement with former colonys.

That only ended after WW2 because it Threatened US economic dominence so you guys made us end it in the 50's.

Then with the EU we couldn't make our own trade deals.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well it worked well for us before before WW2

Up till then britain always had a informal free trade agreement with former colonys.

That only ended after WW2 because it Threatened US economic dominence so you guys made us end it in the 50's.

Then with the EU we couldn't make our own trade deals.

I'm not really up on the tariff/duty mechanism pre-WWII. I assume they existed despite any 'informal' gov't to gov't free trade agreement you suggest existed.

As far as post WWII, the wasn't much industry left in Europe or the U.K.. to speak of while the U.S. economic engine was fully intact. Actually I see the opposite response from the U.S., without the Marshall Plan and the subsequent forgiving of debts-Britain paid theirs, if I recall correctly- there wouldn't have been a European economy to compete with the U.S. for decades if even now.

While I may be wrong on this, again I'm not up on it, what you say about the U.S. doesn't add up....unless faced with massive subsidies by U.K./European gov'ts.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

All country involved would share similar values, cultures and a language.

He seriously wrote that down.

Call me a Dumbass

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Fully in agreement with a better alliance within the commonwealth. We do need each other to retain hard-fought values that make these countries the greatest the world has seen. I also think the US should be included in one way or another. Despite the battles, there is no doubt the same values run deep in America.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory
I don't think most Brits would be against closer ties to the USA.

Its likely down to the the USA on that one.....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Ironically even head-hunting for shortages of specific skill sets has been subverted into a backdoor wage lowering technique.

Trump raised the issue and pointed fingers at Zuckerberg of Facebook
. He and others in Silicone valley enjoyed the benefits of H1B visas to fill the 'shortage' of skilled labor.

Now politicking for a huge increase of H1B visas at the same time laying off U.S. workers and hiring the H1Bs at 25% lower wages.....

Give em an inch......

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That's why those programs should be kept among country's of similar standards of living.

If the country's have similar levels of wages that wont happen.

It when you import people over from country's were they are paid half as much you get that trouble.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

All country involved would share similar values, cultures and a language.

He seriously wrote that down.

Call me a Dumbass

Looks like he typed it DUMBASS !

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If the UK does exit the EU, a return to the Commonwealth would be necessary. Unfortunately, that would mean that Britain would still be at the whims of Canadian immigration policies, which tend to be liberal and would not appease the xenophobic elements.

The UK is going to have sign an agreement with the EU on the free movement of people anyway just like the Swiss and Norway to be able to trade with the EU so it is going to be wide open anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So countries with predominantly white English speaking populations for you then...But it was never about Racism was it.?

Australia and New Zealand?...couldn't you find some White friends a little closer. hahahahahahaha.

It's common sense, not racism.

We were never European, we have whinged all the time we were in because it became clear where it was heading.

Who voted Juncker President? It's members? The good old boys? He's not my President, yet he is manoeuvring for an European Super State, run by a club of unelected fat cats.

Politics has been hi-jacked by global lobbyists and a system where the misinformed would rather continue with their servitude to this non state entity, than live in a democratic society.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join