It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderates in the West...yes it's about Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"Well for fact being canadian makes me better educated than you, so thats a pretty good start, i usually use facts not emotional response words and i dont play the victim so thats a head start."

Good one ! Yep, something in the snow just makes us Canadians smarter somehow....maybe its the water ? I dunno...we just know we are more educated than "Dem Mericans" right ?

/sarc off

Wow...talk about bigoted, I don't post much but had to on this occasion as that's just an embarrassing statement to view as a Canadian myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Falenor

"Well for fact being canadian makes me better educated than you, so thats a pretty good start, i usually use facts not emotional response words and i dont play the victim so thats a head start."

Good one ! Yep, something in the snow just makes us Canadians smarter somehow....maybe its the water ? I dunno...we just know we are more educated than "Dem Mericans" right ?

/sarc off

Wow...talk about bigoted, I don't post much but had to on this occasion as that's just an embarrassing statement to view as a Canadian myself.

Im sorry, i never said i was a nice person, did you want to add anything else.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I do agree with you but I suspect you will find that most of the PC circle Jerkers actually don't know much about Islam except its about peace la la la!. If any of them read through Sharia and its dictates, they will realise, especially if they are women that they won't have any real say and some ghastly little pip-squeak will be telling them to hold their tongues whilst he decides what is islamic. and very goo duck with that.

Personally I couldn't see my wife taking said pip-squeak, with his usually dyed pink beard and spectacles sitting like a patronising wizen money and loping down on her. I would love to see him try.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Just the singular point that your hypocrisy should be plain to see for anyone reading through this thread, I don't have to really add anything, you're simply doing it for me and everyone who disagrees with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Squares will never fit into Circles

Huh?

a reply to: snowspirit

Just wondering... you think that wearing a hijab means they are not “moderate”?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName

Huh?

Cute modified Micro Paint Job.

When did i say anything about hi jabs? I don't believe i mentioned them. Oh right you're attempting to troll,
well 2 cutes in one day, here's a medal

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Just the singular point that your hypocrisy should be plain to see for anyone reading through this thread, I don't have to really add anything, you're simply doing it for me and everyone who disagrees with you.

Awareness claimed that me being Canadian meant that i did not know anything, fact is canadian public education is better than our friends down south, just facts, but thanks for sharing how you feel.
edit on 28-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Awareness claimed that me being Canadian meant that i did not know anything, fact is canadian public education is better than our friends down south, just facts, but thanks for sharing how you feel.

Wow, lie much?

This is how our conversation went.

awareness said: You live in Western Canada, they don't have the same problems they do in the US.
But you must be aware of it on 'some' level right?

dukeofjive said:
Yes i am canadian and it seems also that yes i know more than you do, but hey tell me oh great expert cough cough, what did faux news tell you.

awareness said:
Do tell, how is it you feel you know more than i do? Because you're Canadian?

Perhaps you're of the 2% who repeatedly tell lies.

edit on 6/28/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I apologize for derailing your thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Obviously I detected the sarcasm in your statement that your a bigot/racist. Making that statement put no doubt that you are unable to look at this topic objectively though. Food for thought.

By all means man...tell me your angle. What is the objective view concrening the videos in the op ?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I do agree with you but I suspect you will find that most of the PC circle Jerkers actually don't know much about Islam except its about peace la la la!. If any of them read through Sharia and its dictates, they will realise, especially if they are women that they won't have any real say and some ghastly little pip-squeak will be telling them to hold their tongues whilst he decides what is islamic. and very goo duck with that.

Personally I couldn't see my wife taking said pip-squeak, with his usually dyed pink beard and spectacles sitting like a patronising wizen money and loping down on her. I would love to see him try.

I suspect you're correct. the la la la crowd are too busy sticking their fingers in their ears, unfortunately, to notice.

People forget too easily, people don't know their own history anymore, they know only about what telly show is on the tv, what band is playing or what movie is showing.

Someone will stand up and i believe, reawaken humanity to what the 1% are doing. Vikings... now wouldn't that be grand?

I'm reminded of a poem i heard, the wrath of the awakened Saxon.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

When you apply blanket generalizations, not sure how you can say your logic is sound.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName

Huh?

No. I'm sure there are women that have been brought up wearing the hijab, but the burka seems different. I've never, in person, seen a burka, or a veil wearing Muslim, yet we have many Muslims in Canada.
So, on the surface the burka or face veil seems much less moderate than just the hijab.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Okay the paint job was trolling, I’ll give you that. But...

The hijab is a headscarf, which shows exactly how much you know about Islam.

Not that I even directed the second point at you, but whatever.

I don’t think it’s fair at all to label somebody as “less moderate” just because they wear a burka. Some people like to wear nothing at all in public which might be regarded as being extreme, but it doesn’t mean to say that they’re going to go around forcibly unclothing everybody. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of the burka as I feel it’s offensive towards women to force them to wear it, but at the same time it may be entirely of one’s own choice. If somebody has committed a crime then it is fair to have them show their face, otherwise it’s a matter of innocent until proven otherwise.

edit on 1TuesdayTuesdayAmerica/Chicago11amTuesday2am06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

You are right. I guess it's because the first woman that I met, that was Muslim, was someone I went to college with, and she was older, dressed in colourful dresses, wore makeup, and considered herself an equal to her husband. I would have never known she was Muslim if she didn't mention it one day.

I also feel (maybe inappropriately) that if a Christian follows the bible too closely, that they are not a "moderate" Christian.
I was raised by an atheist and a Rosicrucian, in a relatively non-religious country, so.....I try to be open minded.
There's always room for learning.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is silly. I don't care if you are talking about religion, politics, or anything else for that matter. One vocal extremist represents 0.000001 of all people. The vocal minority is just that.

Really no different than me thinking that every Republican is represented by the behaviors of Huckabee or some far right tea party jack ass on You Tube. Obviously that would be stupid for me to think that, right? NO different than me thinking Westboro Baptist is representative of all Christians, right?

A certain percentage of this planet's inhabitants are bad people looking to do bad things, whether it's bombing an abortion clinic (I guess all people who are Pro Life are terrorists, which fits with your OP) or flying planes into building on 9/11 (not going to get into the inside job bs) or shooting up a school (I guess all white gun owners are terrorists also).

The fact of the matter is that whether it's Army medical or your local hospital, if you are in a situation where you may die and need surgery, there are good odds the surgeon who saves your life is a Muslim American who is Islamic. They have always been part of the American culture and mean no harm to anyone.

Why not take it a step further and declare all Hispanic Americans, legal and illegal, as cartel members looking to behead us all? Still a stupid conclusion to draw, but not much different than your OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: IllegalName

You are right. I guess it's because the first woman that I met, that was Muslim, was someone I went to college with, and she was older, dressed in colourful dresses, wore makeup, and considered herself an equal to her husband. I would have never known she was Muslim if she didn't mention it one day.

I also feel (maybe inappropriately) that if a Christian follows the bible too closely, that they are not a "moderate" Christian.
I was raised by an atheist and a Rosicrucian, in a relatively non-religious country, so.....I try to be open minded.
There's always room for learning.

Funny that you happened to know an actual moderate Muslim and your experience with her 'clouded' your mind so much that someone thinks that you know nothing.
You just can't win here.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When you apply blanket generalizations, not sure how you can say your logic is sound.

Ok...which ones do you mean ?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I apologize for derailing your thread.

it was bound to get derailed. I wanted to discuss the videos and what it means...but it appears..nobody on the "other" side wants to discuss them.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
To be honest, I don’t think I can take seriously somebody who deliberately puts up a thread with the intention of it being derailed (not that it has, the negative tone was set in the subject line) and also has an entourage of umpteen lurkers starring almost every post he makes only one minute after posting them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join