It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Daniel’s Embraces a Hidden Ingredient: Help From a Slave:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There's quite a bit of difference between flying over and being aged at sea.

Realistically, I've only met one bad bourbon...under no circumstance should anyone drink Rebel Yell. Your nose is instantly met with notes of mold and it gets worse from there!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
There's quite a bit of difference between flying over and being aged at sea.

But this one is only available in the Japanese market, so it needs an airline ticket.

Realistically, I've only met one bad bourbon...under no circumstance should anyone drink Rebel Yell. Your nose is instantly met with notes of mold and it gets worse from there!

I had one from California that was not that great, it was an experimental distillation made with a mash other than corn. Kinda nasty and way too much funk.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

For anyone with a love for bourbon go to Louisville. There are so many great bourbon bars offering flights from low to high.

For a great experience go to Bourbon's Bistro on Frankfort Ave. The Pappy flight was incredible!

I'm pretty jealous about the Four Roses Platinum.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I have done the urban bourbon trail which was very cool. One of the best places I have visited in my travels was Bourbon House in New Orleans. The food was great and the bourbon selection was absurd. I wanted to live there.

Check out my Cocktails thread, I make quite a few with bourbon.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I can't believe I didn't see that thread sooner but no Glencarin glass? The horror! Thanks for the postversation, time for a little Larceny.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I have a pair of very rare glasses used for single malts that went out of production, I use those for my single malts and bourbons so for the mixed beverages they are kept safely in the bar cabinet.

Feel free to add to it, we could use some new contributors.

edit on 28-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Four roses small batch was quite tasty, I liked it better than the Single Barrel select. How is the Super Premium Platinum? Any idea of the price range?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It only runs about $60-70 in Japan but if you find it here it is over $300.

It is $60 good but not $300.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't really like Jack Daniels.

Is Jim Beam ok?

I think Jack is somewhat coarse. Beam is OK as a bourbon but I prefer Wild Turkey. As to corn making the best whiskey...this year that honour went to Crown Royal Norhern Harvest Rye. Made from RYE...dontcha know! Canadian, eh?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Two more comments...as far as whiskey being made from corn goes, I just picked up a bottle made from sorghum at the Mayberry Spirits in Mount Airy, NC. Pretty darn tasty!
Secondly, more to the point, I absorbed an interesting fact from the OP. They made note that the photo had the Black dude in question sitting in the midst of the other folks...instead of standing in the back. I have seen an old school photo of rural Ontario that had a Black female teacher, and she was off to the side instead of centre with the other staff. Same rules, I suppose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join