It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Daniel’s Embraces a Hidden Ingredient: Help From a Slave:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Then it must be my shout good sir...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wild Turkey is not part of the New Whiskey Order

It's the David Icke of whiskey

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Meh, I'll take the special reptilian blend any day. Now all we need are uniforms....Is Hugo Boss still in business?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Meh, I'll take the special reptilian blend any day. Now all we need are uniforms....Is Hugo Boss still in business?

They're doing wonderfully well, no one would know they backed the wrong horse back in the 30s

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

They're doing wonderfully well, no one would know they backed the wrong horse back in the 30s

Well his clients may have had absolutely dreadful ideas and behavior, but they sure did look spiffy doing it. Stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed in the fashion industry,

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pappy Van Winkle.
It's expensive....but you'll thank me later.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't really like Jack Daniels.

Is Jim Beam ok?

I'm more of a woodford reserve and markers mark kind of guy. If I can get ahold of Whistle Pig I'll drink that too from time to time but it is always hard to find now that I'm back in PA.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
If I can get ahold of Whistle Pig I'll drink that too from time to time but it is always hard to find now that I'm back in PA.

I like Whistle Pig, but then again, I like just about all bourbons. Have you tried the Boss Hog edition? Good stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
a reply to: Spider879

Corn, which is the grain used to make whiskey, originated in Mexico. 500 years ago the Irish didn't even have corn.

What ?

Scotch whisky is made with from either malted barley, rye or wheat. Scotland has been distilling whisky since 1494.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I have taken this tour and I don't remember anything about Nearis Green. Im glad they are embracing it now

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow so many whiskey affectionados, like I said Iam partial to that other distilled liquid...Rum! worked on by some of my personal ancestors, before some of them ditched the whole process and took to the Blue mountains area to formed themselves into bands of merry men/and women robbing plantations,burning them and sometimes selling it to pirates and the like..

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I think this is a more nuanced version that makes more sense. I see some people on here trying to take any European influence on Jack Daniels, or whiskey in general out the equation all together, and that's not true either though. Alcohol is culturally important; you can't have civilization without fermentation. In that vein, I think American whiskey as a product of a cultural blend is metaphoric.

As an aside, when I was bartending I had to admit that any time some one ordered Jack I would just cringe. Nine times out of ten they would get about four drinks in and turn into a perfect asshole. I mean a derogatory, grabby, yelling, and sometimes violent jerk. I have no idea why, but that drink of choice is like Mr. Hyde juice.

Never touch the stuff myself. I drink Crown Royal (Yes I'm a traitor. No, I don't care).

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Dr. Jack (Jack Daniels and Dr. Pepper) is my drink when just drinking. Old No. 7 never let me down. Gentleman Jack on the rocks is good for sipping. My favorite however is The Glenlivet 15 year old Scotch on the rocks!

Woo Hoo!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Cool story OP, love jack D's might get a bottle tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Buffalo Trace.

We even have beers aged in the stuff at the local brewery. It is darn good by itself; but when a good imperial stout is aged for 10 months the result is magical! The flavors blend so well together--the barrel flavors are infused into the beer. They also do a barleywine but anywhere from one to two years. Love Christmas time when they get released! I will have to mention this over in the beer thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Try Larceny. It's $26 a bottle and smooth. Good bang for your buck. And you don't need to put anything in it for it to taste good.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Phage

Pappy Van Winkle.
It's expensive....but you'll thank me later.

LOL, just run down to the local store and grab a bottle.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not sure if I have or not, my dad owned a restaurant in Vermont near where it is made and he became friends with the guys that make it so they were always sending my dad booze and eating in the restaurant. Christmas of 2014 Whistle Pig sent us a box with special Vermont syrup they made and a bottle of dark whiskey

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You poor souls. Beam? JD? Makers Mark?!?!

You need to get a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean. A bourbon aged at sea that crosses the equator four times and visits at least five continents.

That said, Evan Williams Black is best of the cheap bourbons.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
You need to get a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean. A bourbon aged at sea that crosses the equator four times and visits at least five continents.

Let me know when you try Four Roses Super Premium Platinum Bourbon. Mine just crossed the Pacific Ocean and came back here thanks to my CEO who grabbed me a bottle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join