It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI didn’t inform some Americans they were on ISIS kill list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The lists aren’t public but Circa News obtained copies of some and made sample calls to the everyday Americans who appeared on them, from college professors and military personnel to art collectors and homemakers.

In Texas alone, Circa identified 22 people in a sampling of 24 names who did not receive any notification that they were in ISIS’s crosshairs. It also identified two local police departments whose citizens were on the list that also got no alert from the FBI.

FBI didn’t inform some Americans they were on ISIS kill list

I'm curious if they have a legitimate reason or not. I could see maybe the wrong names or addresses on the list, but shouldn't they inform those people with those numbers and addresses that a terrorist might come knocking or calling? At the minimum they should be informing the local LEOs.

The DoD and FBI informed me when my unit was put an AQI hit list. Some idiot posted a unit roster on FB and someone got their hands on it. It's been 10 years since then. One would think they'd be able to reach out to people more easily with a phone in every hand.

Thoughts? Opinions? Takes on why they may not have informed some people?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod
I would surely want to know if I was on any kill list ISIS or not.

Where can we find a copy of this list?

edit on 27-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well...I guess technically you could say....all Americans are on the ISIS kill list ! They hate America !

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I never make it to all the fun lists.

Come on ISIS! I'm a bacon eating soldier and my internet identity and my identity are not separate.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

According to multiple sources the lists are encrypted and not publicly available. That said MANY screen grabs are out there.

a reply to: Meldionne1

Technically true.

a reply to: projectvxn

Bwa ha ha ha ha. You probably wouldn't have been informed in this case anyhow.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Bwa ha ha ha ha. You probably wouldn't have been informed in this case anyhow.

Some of us were. Some of the guys in the SF training platoon in my unit were on that list.

I always miss out. These guys framed their letters. It's like a badge of honor.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Looking at our govt's history, theyre probably the ones who put them on the list.

Government agents 'directly involved' in most high-profile US terror plots.

edit on 27-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The only thing I can think of to defend them here is that they're treating things like an actual war. You don't reveal you've broken your enemies communications until a substantial opportunity comes along. These people, had they been targeted would have simply been collateral damage. It's callous to think about, but that's the strategy that comes to mind.

On the other hand, since we're getting this information now it means that that's not what is going on.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Using those on the lists as bait?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Further indication to me that ISIS is a product of the US govt and possibly its partners in the mid east.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'd think they should be obligated to inform people, so that they can be more cautious, at the least. Seems negligent not to.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Does anyone think that this has just been released to make the FBI look bad and detract from their investigation of good ol' Hilary?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I hope that's not the case.

a reply to: Aazadan

A good thought, but as you said they already know we have the lists and have cracked them.

a reply to: nwtrucker

I had this thought too. This is an extremely dangerous strategy in my opinion. Using civilians as bait.

a reply to: Azureblue

I spent part of 2014 and 15 in Iraq with the Pesh/Kurds. I think we caused Daesh, but we are not Daesh, sorry. And no I wasn't there working for the Fed.

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Agreed. As I and Projectxvn pointed out we have in the past. So weird.

a reply to: pteridine

Maybe, but I'd think there are better things than this to release that would make the FBI look bad.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Apparently they are targeting wives, and families of Armed Forces personnel. But hey, we are being told by the Obama administration that Islamic extremism is not a threat huh?...

The reporter in that video says they contacted 26 people and none of them knew they were in an ISIS hit list, and not even the police was notified...

WTH FBI... Maybe Shillary or others in the Obama administration demanded that no one should be notified since, you know, they want to claim "Islamic extremism is not a threat"...

If I was one of those people, at least those 26, I would sue the FBI and the Obama administration and would make sure everyone else was warned.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Or perhaps it was under orders of Shillary and whomever at the Obama administration who demanded the fBI to not contact anyone. After all, the Obama administration, including Shillary, want to deny the threat from Islamic extremism.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

We had a guy who was busted by the FBI on his way to Fort Riley to blow up the Ogden gate.

The briefing we got on the situation was very different than the press releases everyone else gets.

Suffice to say that my routine changed that day and I continue to exercise the same level of vigilance.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I remember that. Didn't get a bunch of media attention despite it being an Daesh plot.

I'm sorry if you were stationed at Fort Really?!?! I hated that place more than blister.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Too bad ISIS isn't on America's hit-list.

ISIS = Turkey + Saudi Arabia + the CIA = kill the Shiites, Kurds, and Assad to homogenize the Mid-East; the better to control the masses and exploit the environment

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There are many civilians on the list who have no connection to government. FBI hasn't contacted these people because "they don't consider the list(s) to be a credible threat but more of a scare tactic."

Personally I feel this response is negligence at its best, especially with the intelligence failures that are bound to happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I think you just showed the foundation of law suit if someone on the list dies.

top topics

join