It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Replaces U.S. Flag On White House Logo With White Surrender Flag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I still can't believe that so many are going on about this.....

It's a logo.....and logos sometimes change.

Microsoft.....their Windows logo has had many forms.....yet the basis of it, four squares, remains. Sometimes they are colored, sometimes not, sometimes they are wavy, sometimes not....and yet: it's still recognized as the Microsoft Windows Logo.

Apple.....again.....sometimes we see the able with color....sometimes it's all one color, black, white, silver, grey....it does not mater. What maters is the shape of that logo: it's always recognized as the Apple logo.

The White House logo: Too many of you go on and on, and on and on and on and on about the flag in the logo.

News Flash! The flag is not the White House!

The logo is the building in the logo!

Like the Capital building...like the Jefferson memorial.....like the Washington memorial.....the Lincoln memorial...it's the shape of the building that tells you what it is!

Is their a flag flying above it? Yes....yes there is. What flag is it?

By law it's the US flag.......which means, if you see an outline of those buildings, and it shows only a shape of a flag, rest assured that it's the stars and stripes that is flying above it.

The only part of the logo that maters is the shape of the building.

Not the flag.

Why any of you desire to make an issue of this (other than the source of the OP tricking all of you into...wait for it....yet another reason to be divided), is beyond me.

The logo could be pink with purple spots, and as long as the shape of the White House remains, that's all that maters......all though it would be......rather in bad tastes in my humble opinion.

I'm neither defending Obama, or his choice of the logo. Especially since I lean right politically most of the time.

However: I really hate to see y'all sit here and bicker over:

1) Wrong info (It was the W. Bush admin in 2003 that first used this).

2) The shape of the building in the logo is what maters, since it's a logo for a building (Did you all understand that? This is NOT a logo for the US or the President.....it's a logo for a building only. ), not what color the flag is.

3) There are many more important things to be worried about.

4) Next time you see a thread like this? Well......just because something is on the internet, does not make it 100 percent correct. Consider vetting the source and doing a little bit of your own research.....you might be surprised and how incorrect some things are...but are actually nothing more than things to spin you up.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Consider vetting the source and doing a little bit of your own research.

Sage words.
OP? Did you catch that?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: BIGPoJo

No the attitude is let's make an issue out of nothing because obama, and then it was shown bush did it and everyone got quite butthurt.

It was was pretty funny, to read how this was all part of his grand plan to ruin America and then being able to blame bush for it.

Just wanted to fix a little mistake.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
The flag has been white-washed in the recent logo.

By recent you mean 13 years ago, under Bush....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I doubt it, he got his flags and stars and now he's off to the next thread trashing Obama and Democrats.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Doesn't really matter which Administration changed the logo, it's still kinda weird if you believe there is a globalist agenda in play. The design was changed from a rectangle to a pyramid shape over the entrance that has 3 lines radiating from it and the flag is "neutral" or the white flag of "surrender". In the scheme of things it's the least of our worries, with plenty of plausible deniability that the new logo means anything nefarious at all.....but some powerful people seem to really enjoy their cryptic symbolism.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well I have been told by somebody who once worked in the White House that the plain white White House logo came around with advent of PCs in the White House. The design had to be simple and plain and the time even less detailed, it did not even have a flag. Nobody it seems really cares about it so it has barely been updated through the years. Apparently nobody cares about or wants the White House logo on anything, it is all about the Presidential Seal.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
More proof of the need for an AMexit.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Who do you hate more Islamic extremist, or conservatives?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I still can't believe that so many are going on about this.....
The only part of the logo that maters is the shape of the building.
Not the flag.

As a long time programmer and web designer, I would say the only part of the logo that matters is the flag. You can tear down the White House, rebuild it in any design you wish...but without the American flag flying above, it couldn't be the White House.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Uh, I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong:

The US Flag represents our country.

The White House represents where the President resides and work place.

The US Flag is flown above, on the front, or in front of most federal buildings (which the White House is one of many).

The logo is used in the Press Room (now called the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room) of the White House, and is used to indicate where those speeches and press releases are coming from (IE the White House).

You'll notice that when the POTUS gives other speeches or press releases in other places, you don't see that logo. Instead, you'll see the US Flag and in many cases the actual Seal of the POTUS.

The US Flag does not represent the White House. Only the White House can represent the White House.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Excuses??? We don't need to excuse him for anything. You right wing nuts can raise a freaking stink about the smallest pettiest crap. I've never seen a bigger group of whiney babies .
He didn't design this. Gee with everything else he's responsible for he also has time for arts and crafts??? Give me a break. Go look for a real issue instead of overblowing every little nit picky freaking detail every freaking day. Jeezzus
Some days this place truly drives me crazy. I'm like Are you kidding me. Some days I think the world has just gone insane.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Pgs) 2 all the usual suspects again.
S.C.D.D.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

OH NO IT MEANS SOMETHING. ITS A SECRET SIGNAL TO THE RULING CABAL.
LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stop.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Are they still flying the American Flag outside of the actual White House? Just checked... yup still flying the good ol' stars n bars.

But yeah, lets cry about the logo? Freaking SNOWFLAKES anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Of course the flag means something. On Sept 12 2001 nearly every house in America flew one. We all know the loss.
This however is simply design . It's a silhouette a paired down design and is only representative of the Whitehouse. It's not the real Whitehouse which flies a regular American flag just like every other federal building.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yup it's there. Through the rockets red glare . Still flying over the land of the free.

But you know...the toast burned...f**kin' Obama...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: tweetie
The flag has been white-washed in the recent logo.

By recent you mean 13 years ago, under Bush....

Well then, fairly recent.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Doesn't really matter which Administration changed the logo, it's still kinda weird if you believe there is a globalist agenda in play. The design was changed from a rectangle to a pyramid shape over the entrance that has 3 lines radiating from it and the flag is "neutral" or the white flag of "surrender". In the scheme of things it's the least of our worries, with plenty of plausible deniability that the new logo means anything nefarious at all.....but some powerful people seem to really enjoy their cryptic symbolism.

Title of thread is "Obama Admin Replaces U.S. Flag On White House Logo With White Surrender Flag" so in that context it does matter which administration changed it.

At least now this thread is where it belongs which is LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join