It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Vs Hillary for President thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Trump used a loan and a job from his father to create a real estate empire. His forays into other endeavors have failed on occasion as have some of his investments. He sat atop the decision making and he is responsible for the rise and fall of his fortunes. Anyone with business experience (or life experience) will tell you, not every attempt is a winner.

Clinton used her influence as Sec of State to enrich herself and her family. There are multiple correlations between donations/speeches/money and decisions being made by Clinton. She has sold not only American influence, but bartered away our allies trust and even our national assets for her own personal gain.

Neither one as President has the power to spend the governments money as a personal slush fund (as many say Trump will do), but one can and has proven that SHE will sell herself and us to the highest bidder.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fear drummed up by the Clinton media machine will not keep me from voting for Trump, but the realities I've seen will keep me from voting for Clinton.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

In fact Trump represents that potential third party. If the GOP doesn't adapt and fast, the sheer volume/percentile of votes Trump received in the Republican primaries will be the impetus for that 'third party'.....whether Trump is involved or not.

I'm all for a 3rd party but will it wind up like the T party? Or will it just morph into TeaParty deux.
There already is a 3rd party called the Libertarians. Why don't the disaffected republicans just latch on to that.....oh yeah, to socially liberal.

From my perspective after working for our local GOP media group; the new party needs to go back to the Goldwater ideals to be successful; but with the heavy evangelical influence, that just won't happen.

edit on 28-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I humbly suggest putting your local GOP media group's ideas 'on hold' and just look at Trump's numbers! '

There's your real poll. despite Trump's rhetoric and the MSM's highlighting faux pas, you have the real resonating points that cross both party and religious lines.

Your local group is the perfect example of the blindness of the GOP in general. it's right in front of their eyes and they still cannot see it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

A third party will be dictated not by focus groups or media groups. It is and always was dictated by the grass roots. The people. It is there to see if one steps back and merely looks...instead of listens.

Reagan tapped into it. Trump is way smarter than Reagan and has dealt with the mechanism his whole life. Far, FAR more so than Reagan. Reagan was looked down at by both the democrats AND the Rockefeller Republicans. The grass roots elected him. Not the GOP. Not the electoral college. The people. A temporary, unrecognized, third party within the guise of the GOP. Reagan Democrats...hello? I was one of them....

Every candidate is flawed. We all are flawed.

In a way, the third party already exists and will continue to do so whether Trump wins or not......

edit on 28-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I humbly suggest putting your local GOP media group's ideas 'on hold' and just look at Trump's numbers! '

My connection with the GOP is purely as a contractor media producing ads/campaign spots; they are my boss and I'm merely an observer.
Id say the people around me are split with maybe 1/4 Trump supporters. Id say they are predominately Reagan republicans but they despise Trump and his vulgar approach to politics.

There very well may be a grass roots 3 rd party but they will suffer the same fate as the T P and be co opted as soon as the money boys get involved, and they will!!
It's an established pattern. When govt. contracts are involved it's either play the established game or gtfo. I'm not saying there won't be a figure head ala Trump, but they will be basically powerless when it comes to policy.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Then I'd say your industry, in general, has failed the GOP big time. Your take on the TP is spot on and that is the likely scenario/ result of any grass roots third party.

It is slightly, SLIGHTLY, less likely if Trump is sincere and is elected by that grass root movement. (If 'vulgar' is part of the package and it resonates with the grass roots, I will gladly take it. The veneer of the political machine is far more distrusted than mere vulgarity.)

It may be the only hope.....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok. I am a trump supporter. I have a thread on it.

I believe voting is important. Even when it seems its not with our electoral colleges.

I trust Trump as anti establishment, anti nwo

2nd ammendment is very important and voting clinton will severly reduce the effectiveness of our militias who will protect us against the government in the time of need

The wall sounds amazing.

Illegal immigrants

Blah blah blah

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Then I'd say your industry, in general, has failed the GOP big time. Your take on the TP is spot on and that is the likely scenario/ result of any grass roots third party.

lol, apparently so. I however do appreciate the GOP, their deep pockets, posh working conditions, and professional, committed, good people.

As primarily a political observer; I don't see any drastic change; only incremental movement to the left....not conservationism. Political entropy is just a fact life.

sorry....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
Ok. I am a trump supporter. I have a thread on it.

I believe voting is important. Even when it seems its not with our electoral colleges.

I trust Trump as anti establishment, anti nwo

2nd ammendment is very important and voting clinton will severly reduce the effectiveness of our militias who will protect us against the government in the time of need

The wall sounds amazing.

Illegal immigrants

Blah blah blah

I believe Trump is sincere about building the wall. If and that's a big if, the negotiations fail. The rhetoric of the 'wall' serves multiple purposes, IMO. First, it re-establishes credibility, internationally as well as within the U.S., to address and fix the issue. Secondly, is establishes the opening negotiation positon with Mexico. If that position is decried by Mexico-and it has- then Trump's usual move is to 'double down'..."The wall just go ten feet higher".

One sets the 'price' at it's highest when opening negotiations as the seller, doesn't one?...
One then negotiates downward in 'price' as the process continues. Correct?

Now it gets interesting. Perhaps an agreement can be reached with Mexico where the U.S. funds a proper wall at Mexico's southern border with joint surveillance stopping central and south American incursion. (A huge issue for Mexico as is drugs movement northward into the U.S..)

As far as the immigrants already in the U.S., it could go something like this: Mexico agrees to take the felons back to Mexico with funding assistance from the U.S.. Those currently employed in the U.S. and paying taxes without felony convictions are permitted to remain with a temporary work visa for say five years. If and only if after that five year period all is kosher, then permanent residency is offered.

Not a full solution. A definite improvement, however. A middle group...centrist correction.

Let's get real here. A more level playing field is all that can be expected. We are not going back to the good old days. Any thoughts along those lines are flat out delusional.

The same mechanism would apply to China, the Free trade crowd...on and on. A more level playing field negotiating from renewed credibility and a position of strength.

This is how I see Trump's M.O.. Centrist, pragmatic.

Reagan used rhetoric often. He was actually a bit of a wuss....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Your 'fact of life' is being rejected massively by 'we the people'. I fully understand your in the machine's comfort zone and see little need for risking it.

Be careful. There such a thing as collateral damage. If that does occur, then it will be me saying 'sorry'....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Be careful. There such a thing as collateral damage. If that does occur, then it will be me saying 'sorry'....

I take that as a threat. bring it!! You're not dealing with a sjw, snowflake here!!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I take that as a threat. bring it!! You're not dealing with a sjw, snowflake here!!

LOL. You misinterpret.

I hold the view the GOP as a national party is on life support. If they fail to support fully and properly the Trump nomination, that party will go the route of the Whigs....extinction will be inevitable.

You being employed by that group, indirectly, is the collateral damage I referred to. If you still see that as a 'threat' then sobeit.

I will gladly sacrifice you comfort zone if it helps reverse the direction this country is headed. it is part and parcel why I have nothing to do with the GOP...anymore... or the Democrats. Enemies to the U.S.A. both.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I will gladly sacrifice you comfort zone if it helps reverse the direction this country is headed. it is part and parcel why I have nothing to do with the GOP...anymore... or the Democrats. Enemies to the U.S.A. both.

LOL, now you misinterpret....

My comfort zone has nothing to do with who writes my checks. Politics and ideological discourse is just entertainment to me personally. Trump won't change a thing even on the extreme outside chance he get elected.
There are forces at play here that aren't bound by the rules and they aren't political; Just ask the Kennedy's.....

Ever wonder why the Pentagon is shaped like a Pentagon?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Seriously Trump never built anything?? Have you ever been to New York they owe Trump big time. He helped rebuild New York. Funny how prole don't understand what Trump does. Hrs a developer not a financier like Warren Buffett. He buys an area decides what should be built there and his company begins construction. What he does is get contractors and manages the building project. This isn't easy in large building contracts you can have hundreds of contractors.

His first building project were Grand Hyatt Hotel, Trump Tower, and Trump Plaza. He borrowed 1 million from dad and secured another 100 million in business loans for thr project. These properties of course made money. From there went in to golf courses and luxury resorts. By this point he was a billionaire. To say he didn't earn the money is silly. Amd the reason I laugh when they talk about his bankruptcy is he is owner of 515 firms in which he is involved in , 268 have "Trump" in the company title. So when people say Trump went bankrupt they are talking 4 out of 268 he currently owns. What makes Trump difrent from warren buffett is he doesn't use his name his company Is called Berkshire Hathaway,when he files for chapter 14 or sells off a company by breakING it apart people don't associate it with him.

But here's what you're missing. Trump was born with money and connections and an insider view of that industry. If had a million Dollars, all of my father's connections and got to talk to my father every day about building real estate properties I'd be just like Trump.

Where is the skill in being given money and hiring an architect and contractor to build something?

I'm just saying, he's not that impressive. It's like saying Paris Hilton is amazing. What's the difference?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't doubt it. I do, however, believe Trump is at least as aware of it as you or me.

Doesn't that say something? You feel he'd be toast. So do I. Doesn't that imply he isn't part of that machine and therefore merits you support?

Frankly, I wonder if Vegas is offering odds on either candidate's survival if elected.....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What 'third party' do you refer to?
Do you use 'third party' as a none of the above? If so, then that's what Trump represents to his supporters. None of the above....

In fact Trump represents that potential third party. If the GOP doesn't adapt and fast, the sheer volume/percentile of votes Trump received in the Republican primaries will be the impetus for that 'third party'.....whether Trump is involved or not.

No Trump is an insider just like Clinton, they're both the same. Except ones male and ones female and one self identifies as Democrat and one as Republican. There is no difference.

Third party at this point is Green Party and/or Libertarian party.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Trump used a loan and a job from his father to create a real estate empire. His forays into other endeavors have failed on occasion as have some of his investments. He sat atop the decision making and he is responsible for the rise and fall of his fortunes. Anyone with business experience (or life experience) will tell you, not every attempt is a winner.

Clinton used her influence as Sec of State to enrich herself and her family. There are multiple correlations between donations/speeches/money and decisions being made by Clinton. She has sold not only American influence, but bartered away our allies trust and even our national assets for her own personal gain.

Neither one as President has the power to spend the governments money as a personal slush fund (as many say Trump will do), but one can and has proven that SHE will sell herself and us to the highest bidder.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fear drummed up by the Clinton media machine will not keep me from voting for Trump, but the realities I've seen will keep me from voting for Clinton.

But they are both the same. Trump has been a prominent Clinton supporter for Decades. He's fooling you guys by pretending to be a conservative. They are both the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

But they are both the same. Trump has been a prominent Clinton supporter for Decades. He's fooling you guys by pretending to be a conservative. They are both the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You exaggerate, sir. Trump wasn't and isn't a huge Hillary supporter. Hillary was the N.Y. Senator in a state where the democrats have ruled for decades. Union, Mob and Democrats. The 'Triad'.

One donates to the power groups and hob knobs with them if one expects a stamp of approval and therefore profit.

My guess is, and it is a guess, that it pisses off Trump to no end.....

edit on 28-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You exaggerate, sir. Trump wasn't and isn't a huge Hillary supporter. Hillary was the N.Y. Senator in a state where the democrats have ruled for decades. Union, Mob and Democrats. The 'Triad'.

One donates to the power groups and hob knobs with them if one expects a stamp of approval and therefore profit.

My guess is, and it is a guess, that it pisses off Trump to no end.....

I still think you guys are being hoodwinked. I don't think Trump is a true conservative anymore than I think Hillary is true left...He and she are republican/democrat lite. Tastes great less filling. Not healthy for you though and no nutritional value. Anyone can say they're a conservative or a Christian to get your votes and being lying through their teeth. The difference is that I can see it. Just like I can see that Hillary doesn't stand for any of my liberal values-the environment for one example. Hillary and Trump are the same.

If you want true conservative values, you have to go Libertarian, if you want true liberal values (not the Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid Variety) you have to go Green party.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join