It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The red spider lily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"I have something to show you, a secret of the past, a tale of the unknown.. What the Pharaohs chambers had painted on the walls, here is the Lycoris Radiata or the red spider lily" The Doctor eager to show the flower displayed it on his desk, he knew he solved a puzzle to an ancient pharaoh mystery connecting Asia to Egypt.

" The bulbs do not bloom until after the first good rain in the fall season and each Individual flower are irregular, with narrow segments which curve backwards, and long projecting stamens. It was once called the Equinox flower "

The Doctor could barely keep himself sane. " And guess what!? Many Buddhist will use it to celebrate the arrival of fall with a ceremony at the tomb of one of their ancestors. They plant them on graves because it shows a tribute to the dead. People believe that since the Red Spider Lily is mostly associated with death that one should never give a bouquet of these flowers. Can you see where the story originates from?!"

The shadowy figure smiled and said;" Well done "

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is beautiful and informative. Thank you for writing this, it made me happy.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

The shadowy man called out from his place in a faraway land ;" Peppycat, my ancestors built the Gardens of Babylon. They are still called in the shadows the blackheads. You should have seen it, all the flowers of the known world gathered in this very place, maybe one day you can sail on the strings of time and see it with your own eyes "

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang Perhaps in my minds eye, as I grow old words are all I know and the visions clouded with sand...blurry in the heat I'm searching for water that is real and not simply a mirage... perhaps I'll find some white heather,
In this dreadful weather...
Thank you.
I'm off to the land of cats, my only place amongst the fairies.

new topics

top topics

join