It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Be Subversive These Days, You Have To Be A Conservative

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You do realize you have "pride" by default when you are the majority or in power, right?

There's no "white history month" because every month is white history month.

There's no "straight lives matter" because it's assumed by default.

I see a lot of whining from people who are full of fear. Why is that? Why are conservatives so scared? Are they afraid that the very minorities they've been discriminating against will discriminate in return if they have the opportunity?

I think that's pretty much the core issue. White conservatives are scared to death that they'll be treated like how ethnic minorities and gays have been treated someday. They're freaking out as they see their stranglehold on control loosening and beginning to be shared.

When you are the dominate race, sexual orientation, or gender -- you have "pride" by default. Claiming it on top of everything else you have? That's tantamount to racial, sexual or gender supremacy.
edit on 28-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
You do realize you have "pride" by default when you are the majority or in power, right?

I see a lot of whining from people who are full of fear. Why is that? Why are conservatives so scared? Are they afraid that the very minorities they've been discriminating against will discriminate in return if they have the opportunity?

I think that's pretty much the core issue. White conservatives are scared to death that they'll be treated like how ethnic minorities and gays have been treated someday. They're freaking out as they see their stranglehold on control loosening and beginning to be shared.

When you are the dominate race, sexual orientation, or gender -- you have "pride" by default. Claiming it on top of everything else you have? That's tantamount to racial, sexual or gender supremacy.

There are conservatives of every colour, gender and orientation. Milo, for instance, is gay. I think they're scared of people who make up fantastical nonsense in their media-addled brain, and penalize them for it, as you just did.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes, a Log Cabin Republican.

There are always exceptions, but those don't detract from the overwhelming majority.

You don't point at a unicorn and claim that there are a lot more horses with horns.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

No OLIGARCHS, who started banks with the Middici and ended with Rothcild are responasable .
PAID for by Soros whom I would LOVE to greet with a .50 cal hat adjustment.
Right and left are the small game for RUBES.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And the Koch Brothers are hunky-dory with you?

I love how when Soros is brought up the Koch Bros are never mentioned. It's like they don't exist.

I've never seen someone with conservative views disavow the Koch Brothers and the things they do. Which is surprising, considering how much money they pump into the political system to corrupt it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

EXACT SAME THING.
Playing us that's all.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Conservatives aren't necessarily republicans and republicans aren't necessarily conservative though.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Cool, glad to see you say that!

Money to buy influence that benefits only the very select few...no buneo from any direction or "side".

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Conservatives aren't necessarily republicans and republicans aren't necessarily conservative though.

And...

Progressives aren't necessarily Democrats and Democrats aren't necessarily progressive.

Case in point: Hillary is pretty much a DINO, as the hard-core GOP call some of their own "RINOs".

I think when you've sold your soul to big special interest groups, you really are "in name only" as you truly represent whatever the money has bought...be it GOP or Democrat.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

YOU see the crazy crap we read these days rolling out .
Vets are PASSED ready to roll while moderates...like ME calm the ones we KNOW down(I HOPE)
It's all a rude parade that will be stomped into the dirt .
Created ,traditionally maintained,and aided by the HIPPIES who infest education using Millennials as their pawns,because they buy what the cellphone tells them .
edit on 28-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There is a point there.

My point is that there are other countries in the world. Although, I can understand the Ameri-centric outlook on life and the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes and most of them are sensationalized bs.

Have some examples?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Sorry. I'm not going to do your muckraking for you. Besides providing anecdotes isn't going to convince you anyways. Hell I'm sure that even providing solid evidence like statistics wouldn't convince you. So it's not worth it anyways.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Says you? White people are taught to feel guilty about being white from a young age. Can you show me a single example of "white pride" being promoted or condoned in the main stream?

No,m all groups are included in history. It's not at all focused solely on white people. The parts that do center on white people tend to be presented in a negative light. You're simply lying.

Again, who says this? Where is this being promoted?

Are you sure you're not talking about yourself here? Notice how you broadly generalize your boogyman "conservatives" to justify clear and blatant anti-white bigotry from the left? You seem pretty afraid of "conservatives", "white people" and Republicans. Why do you not see that as fear or hate?

People are calling out racism and hate where they see it wand you guys just aren't willing to admit what you're doing. I'm convinced that in your brains you simply rationalized it.

You're projecting. People are worried about the main streaming of anti-white hatred because people like you are always out there rationalizing and justifying it. Most of us just want to live our live,s but the racist idiots just keep doing their thing!

Asians are the dominant race.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheBulk

Sorry. I'm not going to do your muckraking for you.

Translation: I got nothing because I'm just making baseless claims in place of an argument I know I cant win.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, I've come to pretty much the same conclusion. I used to consider myself a liberal (believe it or not) until they really went off the deep end after Obama was elected.

And suddenly, I found myself being demonized as a racist and a conservative (fascist, in plain English) simply for not agreeing with the policies Obama was pushing.

It took me a while but I figured it out. The reason Obama's fans call anyone who disagrees with him a racist is because that's why they voted for him. Simply because he was black. Now there were plenty of good reasons to vote for him at the time but most of the people who voted for him didn't need a better reason than the color of his skin. They weren't even really listening to anything he had to say in his flowery speeches or what he promised or any of that (Which is why they don't care if he's a liar).

And that's why you're a racist if you don't like him or disagree with his policies. They're not even listening to you. They don't care what you have to say. To them, it is incomprehensible that anyone could possibly look at a black president and actually be objective. Because they can't.
edit on 30-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I think the argument is BS.

What's subversive is how partisan politics have isolated the moderate majority. The concept of 'democracy' being an expression of majority opinion has been subverted into an either/or system.

We're led to believe that the 'other side' is incapable of acting in the public interest.

Isn't it more likely normal people have a political middle ground where left/right intermingle and our differences are outweighed by the values we share?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes, and most of it now is all about how horrible we are all are.

There is no pride. It's all shame because otherwise, we might offend someone else. We get to constantly check our privilege and are taught to embrace white guilt.

There is no such thing as "pride" any of those days and we are also being asked to steadily scrub traditional holidays and practices too because that are also insenstive to others. So there is no white anything. Just the rest of the days around those special ones designed to celebrate the other groups who are victims and therefore favored.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You can only hold power for so long until you become The Man, and the left is it now.

Yes. This is pretty funny. If anyone has ever wondered why the left is so quick to try and shut their opponents up, it's because they know exactly what happens when you let people have rights just because you're supposed to. They USED TO BE the anti-establishment people. And when they were, they hid behind the First and Fourth Amendments (simply because they could and it was convenient for them). But they never believed people have rights. It was simply their way of wiping their asses with free speech. When they became the establishment, they (naturally) were completely aware of how dangerous free speech actually is to the establishment.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no such thing as "pride" any of those days and we are also being asked to steadily scrub traditional holidays and practices too because that are also insenstive to others.

What traditional holidays have been scrubbed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join