It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Be Subversive These Days, You Have To Be A Conservative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

The English language makes it hard to describe yourself without a label. But if anyone knows about identity politics, it's definitely the left.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One thing about it, you certainly do know who the strong, confident people are. It takes a lot of self-possession to face some of the abuse you put up with for daring to voice some of the opinions conservatives do, especially those who are in the public eye.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I don't see how leftist can even attempt to claim they are the rational ones.

Dont even try. They are not , never have , and never will be the rational ones. Rational is not acceptable to a movement that relies only on pure emotion to form thoughts .And what the D Party tells them to think
I am being facetious , but even then not far from the truth.

edit on 6/27/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

..............and people will call you bad names and hurt your feelings. Don't think for yourself, join the herd.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DBCowboy

..............and people will call you bad names and hurt your feelings. Don't think for yourself, join the herd.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . moo.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's the thing, the left wants you as the collective... not the individual.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

edit on 27-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: Talorc

I was out swimming laps at the community pool earlier. I live in a major city with all kinds of different people. How about you? Get out and commune with the rest of our country much?
My post was also not just about economics.

What about you? Or just stay in your utopian bubble where everyone believes the same thing? That's not diversity.
Also punk rock has always had conservative, anti-establishment leanings by nature. When politics was introduced, it suffered greatly.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Exactly, being a traditionalist these days is the new "radical", like punks were back in the day. Amazing how the tables have turned.

Traditionalist? What's that?

I believe you misspelled racist, bigoted, nazi and Islamophobic.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
No
edit on 28-6-2016 by lortl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm a leftist and I hate collecives

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It is amazing how things have changed in the last decade.

Democrats have turned into bigger peer-pressure conformist bullies than republicans ever were.

I have never voted for a single republican in my life but will vote Trump if the political elite allow democracy to work and he secures the nomination he earned.

Time to do away with both parties and start from scratch.

INDEED.
I would like to see that all National politicians by law HAD to be chosen from grass roots local committees . . .

who had to research and rank the top 3-7 most HUMBLE local men or women of character and fairly bright common sense. . . . and then submit those names to the local voters first.

And that for senior national offices whether Senate, House, Presidency and/or Federal judge-ships . . . the top 3-5 contenders would have to be interviewed by a diverse panel, live on national media, reviewed as though for a high security clearance . . . particularly on points of character, humility, selflessness, altruism etc.

No national parties. Only individuals.

I don't know how practical it would turn out to be . . . but I'd love to see it tried.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I was out swimming laps at the community pool earlier. I live in a major city with all kinds of different people. How about you? Get out and commune with the rest of our country much?

What is this some kind of anti white dog whistle?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Exactly, being a traditionalist these days is the new "radical", like punks were back in the day. Amazing how the tables have turned.

Don't you mean white? That's what youre thinking. Doesn't it ever Dawn on you that you have all these made up words that you used to silence points of you that you don't agree with? It's like some sort of mental tic or something. It's as if you don't even realize that you're doing it. Like, I could just dismiss you as an Anglophobe. What would you think of that?
edit on 28-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I have a mixed race marriage and a mixed race child who attends a summer camp this year with lots of different kids of different heritages.

Funny that my husband is more conservative on some things than I am, but I've seen reports that this has happened with those who have Native American blood more often than not over the generations.

So, no, I wasn't swimming laps; I live it every day.
edit on 28-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Unless this was sarcasm, you just perfectly summed up the main point of this post.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Really? I attended college a few short years ago with Libertarian beliefs. No one silenced me. I think you are making stuff up.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
But right wing populists are always conservative. So being populist is now
consideredsubversive. How times have changed.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The conservatives ARE the system.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Really? I attended college a few short years ago with Libertarian beliefs. No one silenced me. I think you are making stuff up.
Since you've never been killed in a terrorist attack, it must not be happening. There are constant stories out there about universities being hostile places for anything other than left wing dogma.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Since you've never been killed in a terrorist attack, it must not be happening. There are constant stories out there about universities being hostile places for anything other than left wing dogma.

Yes and most of them are sensationalized bs.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join