It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New migraine break through,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am someone who suffers migraine, and the news of possible keyhole surgery to fix this is a great relief, There are trails ongoing to see if migrains could more likey be a heart condition rather than from the head,

Thousands of migraine patients could be cured by an operation - on their heart.

New research has shown that a hole-in-the-heart defect is twice as common in the million or so Britons who suffer from migraines.

Studys have shown that suffers have a very small hole in there heart which though a small surgical procedure could end the pain many go through,

The hole in the heart's wall allows blood that should be going to the lungs to leak into the supply feeding the brain, boosting levels of the brain chemical serotonin.

In the trial, which is backed by the Migraine Action Association, doctors will patch up up the hole with a surgical mesh in a one-hour keyhole operation.

This attempt to restore normal blood circulation follows reports that some patients who have had the defect repaired for other medical reasons no longer have migraines.

skynews link

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow I didnt see that coming. So migranes are caused by a whole in the heart. Maybe now I can stop having headaches

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Keyhole surgery. Yikes. I'm glad I don't get migraines. And I rarely get headaches. Thank you genetics!

join