It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Party Platform Calls For Prosecuting Global Warming Skeptics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Out with the old, and in with the new. I absolutely love to see Progressive Democratic values in action. I am a bit perplexed here. The majority of people that buy stocks make their decisions based solely on the financial's of any given company. You can take that fact to the any fiat currency bank. People ? The biggest determining value for a stock purchase is relative value of the time, and and expected growth. WHAT a evil corporation does. WHAT a evil corporation says. Never enters in to the picture. At least not for those that short sell. Maybe for those that do go long as they say are looking for growth, but those people are few and far between like Buffet.

This people ?

Another joint proposal calling on the Department of Justice to investigate alleged corporate fraud on the part of fossil fuel companies who have reportedly misled shareholders and the public on the scientific reality of climate change was also adopted by unanimous consent,”

Absolute rubbish

So people. IF you don't buy in global warming. You WILL get prosecuted, and that means if you are a stock holder. The value of your portfolios is going to be worth next to nothing.

Between the fines, and other costs associated with those lawsuits. Most of those evil corporations will simply do away with PUBLIC ownership.

All by design. Which for ALL intents, and purposes is yet another attack on big bad evil Wall Street, and really nothing to do with global warming.

And if you think this doesn't effect you?

It does.

Your pensions. Your IRA's. Your 401k's. Your Keogh's.
edit on 27-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So people. IF you don't buy in global warming. You WILL get prosecuted,

No. If you commit fraud you will be prosecuted. Science denial is act of willful stupidity but it's not illegal.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

if we continue to allow the democrats to control the white house, im afraid this is merely a drop in the bucket. pretty soon we will be forced to buy health insurance or get fined, we wont be able to collect rain water to use as we see fit, and we may not be able to buy certain types of guns.
this is what happens when you vote for the cabal and career politicians. they get money from donors, and then are pressured into passing legislation that benefits those donors.
this is what happens when we care more about boys in girls bathrooms, then we do terrorism.

this election should be a wake up call to all those out there fed up with being told what we can and cannot say, and what is right and what is wrong.
go ahead hillary lovers, keep thinking something if anything is gonna change. we have been promised more of the same, and thats what you will get with a democratic administration.

vote jessie ventura "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!"

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If you have an opinion that differs from the current administration, you already will be punished.

If you have a different opinion, then you will be beaten at rallies, suspended from schools, silenced in the media.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No. If you commit fraud you will be prosecuted. Science denial is act of willful stupidity but it's not illegal.

Science is continually in the business of disproving itself. The greatest scientists also tend to be the greatest skeptics. It's the nature of science to continually challenge it's own findings and conclusions. Making such a law would make it a crime to try to disprove what is stated as fact about climate change (I couldn't possibly think of a looser terminology than "climate change"). Such an all-inclusive name leaves lots of wiggle room to fit their facts to their agenda.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Look at all the people jailed for having a different opinion...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So you think it's okay to beat and silence and simply punish them for having different opinions.

Okay.

0_o

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Making such a law would make it a crime to try to disprove what is stated as fact about climate change

No it wouldn't.

Such an all-inclusive name leaves lots of wiggle room to fit their facts to their agenda.

Actually it's because of idiots being unable to grapple the notion that global warming wouldn't mean warming everywhere all at once.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Are you three years old?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are you three years old?

Four, but I'm tall for my age.

Since you made things up about my post (I never said jailed) I thought I could extrapolate from yours.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The topic is prosecution.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The topic is prosecution.

There are a number of ways someone can be "prosecuted". They all don't end in jail time.

Are you FOR people being punished for having different opinions?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No. I'm for people who have committed fraud on the American people with consequences for the entire planet being prosecuted.
edit on 6/27/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No. I'm for people who have committed fraud on the American people with consequences for the entire planet being prosecuted.

Oh. So if someone don't believe the same way as you do on climate change, then off to the dungeons!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Try again Kali.

Global Warming is a POLITICAL BELIEF.

And the only places people get prosecuted for that is CHINA,North Korea,Iran.

The veracity isn't the issue at play here.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Some people are so preoccupied with looking for faults in others that they neglect to see their own.

This whole "us vs them" mentality is toxic. Why don't we just admit that both sides are at fault in their own ways.

"First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye."
edit on 6/27/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If you have an opinion that differs from the current administration, you already will be punished.

If you disagree with the STATIST's.

You have the right to be disarmed.

You have the right to be prosecuted for what you say.

You have the right to lose your possessions.

You have the RIGHT to go to jail, and do not get to collect $200.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well then you should be for PROSECUTING the DNC.

Habitual OFFENDERS.
edit on 27-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Nope. Maybe you should read a little bit more about the topic. Don't worry though Big Oil rarely gets more than a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
as applied to private individuals and their opinions, i agree with your premise.

but i think about "big tobacco" lying about the science they had possession of. The results of all that testing that told them they were going to cause a lot of death and misery.

I'd have no issue with refining what is and is not fraud, etc, to maintain the public safety. Unless we are going to go full on libertarian, if there are to be regulations, they should be aimed and protecting public health/safety.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join