It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Elections... who and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So I like to think of myself as an independent kinda guy. I'm pro-choice, because no man should tell a woman what to do her body and pro-gun because if the government has tanks we should be able to also. After all isn't that the point liberty? Not that I'm a libertarian, drugs are bad, but so is booze and there are just somethings that need to be regulated, nuclear power (and bombs) for one off hand.

That said I've been gone, as in not on US soil for year and a half, almost two. I was not working for the Fed and I traveled to three places. Iraq for a year, Russia for few and China/some pacific islands for the remainder. As such I am woefully misinformed on the upcoming elections. I know Trump's TV track record and a little of his business (little mind you.) I also know of Clinton's at least anything before 2014.

Within a month of being back Stateside I find myself drawn back to ATS for a myriad of reasons, but the political discourse here is always lively. What with the true belivers, shills, haters and crazies...

That said, who should I vote for and why?

Source your stuff and keep it civil with facts only please.

Opinions are welcome as long as they are logical and based in the real world.

Thanks,
thesungod

Oh and mods, if this belongs somewhere else, please forgive my mistake and move it to the proper place. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Truly, your vote is a personal choice. It is difficult to say to a stranger on who they should vote for. We all have individual priorities. You best start with finding out who you align more with by taking this 2016 Presidential Election Quiz

After you determine how their stances compare to your priorities, then research those that you score higher with. No politician will completely meet your own views 100%, but then you need to determine if you feel they will really be able to do what they claim. Good Luck. There is a lot to get caught up with but you do have until November!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Fair enough and I was expecting a reply of this sort. The I side with test dubbed me a Trump or Bernie supporter. I'm also a centrist with economic freedom leanings.

Nifty site.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Basically, unfortunately, it's a lesser of two evils contest again.

Now, you could be bold and go 3rd party, (with most considering it a "wasted" vote), but really, with our current Electoral system, it's basically right...except for voicing as a protest vote.

Clinton is basically the candidate the Powers that Be are behind. Certainly no stranger to powerful roles, but she is (by PAC donations and past actions) firmly controlled by those who put her there.
Pros = existing connections, experience, tough as nails
Cons = complete criminal who may likely be indited before the election, foundation has taken money from big business, foreign powers, including our enemies, no plans to scrap or improve ObamaCare, no plans to do anything but weaken our borders for immigration, she's made no bones about her goal to gun grab.

Trump, on the other hand, is more untested as far as political office. But, even if you don't like him, read his ideas and see if it jives with you. For that matter, read both candidates' sites to see who you align with.
Pros = most see him as good for the economy, as he understands how money works, foreign leaders will fear him, he wants to scrap ObamaCare and rebuild it, plans to eliminate the whole "instant citizen" nonsense that bleeds us dry daily. Definitely NOT wanted by the Powers that Be, in fact, they actively tried to sabotage him (even those in his own party).
Cons = Can come off as insensitive to races and women, can make comments he'll later regret, like Clinton, he IS the 1%, but unlike her, he makes no bones about being so.

Everyone else, is basically out of the race.

Comes down to a choice. Do we press the accelerator and go full speed ahead to the NWO (Clinton), or do we tap the breaks a bit, even though on an unsure road (Trump), though we know we'll eventually hit that NWO wall no matter what.....?

Of course, all of this is just opinion, other than the facts of their stances and what they've said and done.

You best start with finding out who you align more with by taking this 2016 Presidential Election Quiz

This is actually a really good one, definitely recommend it. (as it only contains those still running). Note, still has Bernie in it, but he isn't technically out yet, just out of it by the numbers.
edit on 27-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I've been hearing this a lot. "Lesser of two evils."

I was hoping for a change this time around, especially after what I saw outside of Asian.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I was hoping for a change this time around, especially after what I saw outside of Asian.
a reply to: thesungod

Clinton cannot win this election. But Trump will lose and give it to Hillary by default.

Vote for anyone you want; but keep in mind the GOP is in total meltdown with even some die hard republican conservatives embarrassed at the the way Trump runs his mouth.

I still maintain that Donald will bail before the convention and the neocons will bring in their guy to try and save what's left of the Republican party.

The Libertarians are going to shock everyone this time.
edit on 27-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

An interesting take. One I have yet to hear or read.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So no opeds from an extreme left or right?

top topics

join