It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton, Warren give joint speech at rally, Pant suit nightmare. Please NO!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: introvert
Many people think I am a staunch supporter of her's, but I simply like to debate with the nuts that think she is pure evil.

You're welcome.

I don't believe you are one of the nuts. You seem to be half-way reasonable, but there is always more time to prove me wrong.

edit on 27-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Challenge accepted.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh, maybe because I never expected you to be?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Because you know... We should stick to the important issues with these candidates, like what they are wearing.

It's not like Hillary doesn't have a whole laundry list of criminal behavior and bad decisions that we can focus on or anything. Let's just whine about her pantsuit instead.

A whole crappy thread on this. Seriously?!

What a circle-jerk.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I have to wonder how many threads there were on Palin's wardrobe and reading material? Just sayin' ...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have to wonder how many threads there were on Palin's wardrobe and reading material? Just sayin' ...

No joke. I remember a running commentary about Palin's "fat ankles" on ATS no less. I mean people (mostly men) were just O-ffend-ed, that Palin would dare open her mouth in a public forum when she has ugly ankles. I mean how DARE she?!

It's just ridiculous.

Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Palin is a good point. She was fair game for every aspect of her life because she was in politics.

But make fun of Hillary and all-of-a-sudden, we're supposed to have serious discussions on the party platforms.

Well, to that, all I can say is,

"I can see pantsuits and canckles from my house!"

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
All you complainers could have gotten behind Bernie, or perhaps a Respectable Republican, oh that's right they really don't exist anymore (am I wrong? name one).

I see a bleakness for the USA and nothing more. Anyone running for Office is just one of The Bankers Lil Helpers.
Cynical Reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Quick, male democrat voters:

Hillary Clinton, or Elizabeth Warren--- which one sounds more like your mother-in-law?

Think before you vote.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

Palin is a good point. She was fair game for every aspect of her life because she was in politics.

But make fun of Hillary and all-of-a-sudden, we're supposed to have serious discussions on the party platforms.

Well, to that, all I can say is,

"I can see pantsuits and canckles from my house!"

Here then, (since people seem so very confused). Palin, or Hillary or any female in public positions are torn apart for their appearance. It becomes a valid form of attack usually disguised as "satire", and initiated and then gleefully participated in by (mostly) men. It is passive aggressive, cowardly, stupid and just plain catty. I am always amazed that when you get grown men in a group they start to sound just like a bunch of high school girls. I mean ME-OW! This thread exemplifies it perfectly.

I'm not a Hillary supporter, and I'm not taking a partisan shot here. I'm making a *gasp* "feminist" one which is even worse.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I actually took the time to search your posting history.

You appear to be fair and balanced and above the usual mess.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit crass and sometimes vulgar in my attempts to deliver my opinions.

But good for you for practicing what you preach and being a standard bearer for the rest of us!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
You guys sure do sound like a bunch of scared teenage girls.

Nightmares because of what a couple women were wearing? Grow up.

Can you perhaps elaborate on parts of the speeches you disliked, or is today's exercise staying in the shallow end of the pool?

I'm a 6'4" male with large stocks of guns, ammo, water, and food. I don't find many things intimidating or scary. But the thought of this woman winning the presidency is horrifying to me.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have a real hard time taking anything serious in this thread with your avatar color now being labeled as "Hillary blue".

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm a 6'4" male with large stocks of guns, ammo, water, and food. I don't find many things intimidating or scary. But the thought of this woman winning the presidency is horrifying to me.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have a real hard time taking anything serious in this thread with your avatar color now being labeled as "Hillary blue".

Scared by colors as well? Perhaps you need to buy more guns.

Man-up, bucko.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Of course, I'm ripping Warren on her heritage which is only tangentially related to her appearance.

Hillary is as Hillary does. There are plenty of things to rip her on outside her pantsuits.

But this is the Mud Pit and we are allowed to rip here.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I actually took the time to search your posting history.

You appear to be fair and balanced and above the usual mess.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit crass and sometimes vulgar in my attempts to deliver my opinions.

But good for you for practicing what you preach and being a standard bearer for the rest of us!

Ok, fair enough. I was a bit crass on this one myself. But I mean geeze, it gets to me, it just does. Hillary is an absolute snake, and Palin, well, I think she has good enough intentions but she might actually be kind of dim, or at least, weirdly inconsistent in her coherence for some reason; but I am so tired of hearing about Hillary's clothes, teeth, wrinkles, and body, and I was tired of it with Palin too, and pretty much any other female public servant that starts to get noticed.

But good lord, god help some poor woman who is a politician and undeniably beautiful. That is even worse because it really is ALL anyone would talk about, and she would have exactly zero credibility. (Honestly Palin kind of had this problem too IMO; her detractors complained about her ankles and her supporters mostly just talked about how pretty she is). This is why women will never equitably hold any real power, because they are quickly reduced to the sum of their physical parts, or more likely, just the sum of a few good or bad ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I will be honest though; I always saw the whole pantsuit thing as a kind of tame diss.

Oh no! She's being jeered at for wearing a pantsuit. Oooo, Eeeee, Ahhhh, it's such a bad, rotten, thing to say about someone ...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Of course, I'm ripping Warren on her heritage which is only tangentially related to her appearance.

Hillary is as Hillary does. There are plenty of things to rip her on outside her pantsuits.

I suppose if you think that you need that sort of thing.

"But, but... We're allowed to act like we're in Mean Girls here".

Personally, if were you, I would be trying to revisit whatever adolescent trauma is compelling me think I should be allowed a space to act like I'm still in Junior High, but I'm not you, so that's your therapists problem not mine.
edit on 27-6-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Personally, I would be trying to revisit whatever adolescent trauma is compelling me think I should be allowed a space to act like I'm still in Junior High, but that's your therapists problem not mine.

I don't know. I'll ask you because you're in here ripping on us for ripping on them.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Personally, I would be trying to revisit whatever adolescent trauma is compelling me think I should be allowed a space to act like I'm still in Junior High, but that's your therapists problem not mine.

I don't know. I'll ask you because you're in here ripping on us for ripping on them.

Maybe so. Fair enough. The difference that I see is that I don't see conversations like this as "harmless fun" though. Degrading women about their appearance is a cheap way to try to make them powerless. That has been my point. I get that you're sore because you feel like I'm spoiling your fun, but it's not harmless fun. Don't delude yourself.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Maybe so. Fair enough. The difference that I see is that I don't see conversations like this as "harmless fun" though. Degrading women about their appearance is a cheap way to try to make them powerless. That has been my point.

So, any negative comment about an individual's appearance, is out of bounds if the individual is female? At least for males to make the comment?

I have to tell you, that is not the road to full participation in society as equals.

49% of the society is supposed to self-censure. Do you really expect free people to sign up for that? Could women? Do they conform to that now? Or do you expect & require more decorum from men than from women themselves?

Expecting that some categories of social commentary shall henceforth be off limits is sort of a charicature of the social justice warrior. "IF you don't agree with us, just shut up!"

That's a lot more degrading that gossiping about a stranger's exterior.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join