It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I'm Still Not Enforcing Immigration Law, No Matter What The Court Says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He has not broken a law by commission (at least in this instance), but by omission.

His duty as leader of the executive branch is to enforce the laws as interpreted by the judicial branch (Supreme Court).

He is not enforcing the laws. He is attending fundraisers, playing golf, and pointing the finger of blame at the other party.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BIGPoJo

I suppose if we're now ignoring the SCOTUS, Texas should just have their regulations no matter what today's ruling was. I don't see why not, Missouri has pretty much had the exact same ones in place on our clinics since 1986.

Post of the week!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That's just one aspect and it has nothing to do with the topic...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So where did SCOTUS state that Obama had to prioritize detention of illegal migrants any differently than he is?
edit on 6/27/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What else would you expect from President Obama? His inauguration and the ("Ceasar" theme) (guess that can be interpreted wrong, the extravagance in his ceremony) in which they spent more money than any other President before him, meanwhile the United States was going through economic troubles said it all about this administration and what it thought of the U.S. and it's people...
edit on 27-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Whether the WH Imposter is doing something illegal or not is the OP topic.

Perceptions about what is fittingly legal and what things are unfitting and illegal . . . are important in discussing whether the imposter is doing something illegal or not and how big a deal it is, or not.

It seems to me that saying FU to the Supreme Court's ruling is a rather large deal.

I can't recall, in my lifetime, any other President doing that.

The Separation of Powers in our governmental structure is crucial to our freedoms and to limiting tyranny.

The imposter, on the other hand, luxuriates and exalts in being a dictatorial treasonous tyrant.

Some of us think that is grossly illegal and worthy impeachment, prison and likely worse.

That's how illegal many of us see the imposter.

That you do not . . . and that you slip and slide around about where your Kali affectionate values come from is very telling, imho.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps this is why President Obama hasn't been impeached:

President Obama has deported more people than any U.S. president before him, and almost more than every other president combined from the 20th century.

Primary reference for quote

Was hington Post - Same thing

Reuters - Etc. etc. etc.

So tell us, since his statement to the contrary, does that mean he is just lying again and doing what he is saying he won't do?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

It's nothing close to treason. There's zero wrong with what Obama has done on immigration. Disliking his approach doesn't make it illegal.

Sorry...allow me to fix your incorrect response. "Disliking the law is no excuse for illegally, not following his oath to uphold the laws our our country and is therefore treason."

You're welcome

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think the legal vs illegal question, while the one posed by the OP...is not the question. Obama upon a bible (I believe) swore an oath to uphold the laws of the United States. He took that oath willingly and it is binding morally and was a requirement of him becoming President. If he had not taken the oath...he wouldn't be President.

Therefore, he was first wrong (proven in court) in issuing the executive order and then guilty of not abiding by his oath to uphold the laws of the USA. That is, or at least should be...treason and he should be impeached followed by a trial to determine if he must pay the ultimate price for his crime.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

He is though, just not in a manner that you like.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Whether the WH Imposter is doing something illegal or not is the OP topic.

It is actually, perhaps you should go back and re-read.

It seems to me that saying FU to the Supreme Court's ruling is a rather large deal.

I repeat again that I don't like most of Obama's Policies but it doesn't mean that he's done anything illegal. So many Conservatives seem to think everything he does is illegal when they just simply don't like it. In this instance you're saying that Obama is bucking SCOTUS. He is not, if you read beyond the title you would know this.

The FOX News article was pure click bait meant to make people believe that Obama wasn't enforcing border security at all and wasn't deporting anyone here illegally, further the title of the article is meant to make people think that the SCOTUS ruling (non-ruling actually, it was a tie) was specifically about the way Obama prioritizes arrest and detention of illegal immigrants, it doesn't.

The tie means that a specific part of Obama's policy can't continue... the deferred action plan. The deferred action plan allowed certain illegal immigrants, such as immigrants that were brought here as children through no will of their own, to be shielded from current immigration laws and given visas so that they could come out of the shadows and work or go to school, pay taxes, access health care etc... That is the only thing the legal case dealt with and the tie means that the administration cannot continue with it.

Obama still has wiggle room, lots of wiggle room with the rest of his policy on illegal immigration. He is the Executive and the Executive gets to do that. He is still executing immigration law just putting a high priority on violent criminals and a low priority on illegal immigrants such as described in the previous paragraph.

Now you can leave my non-religion out of this, it had nothing to do with it in the first place and you had no business to try and make it so. I really dislike using the report button but I will if you're going to choose to harass me over something you don't understand and I don't wish to discuss with you.

edit on 6/28/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous

He has not broken a law by commission (at least in this instance), but by omission.

His duty as leader of the executive branch is to enforce the laws as interpreted by the judicial branch (Supreme Court).

You seem confused on the separation of powers? They call it an "Administration" for a reason. The executive branch is responsible for "administration" of the laws and with that comes prosecutorial discretion. Temporary reprieves on deportations for certain classes of unlawful immigrants is both constitutional and a practice employed by Republican and Democratic Presidents alike.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Kali74

It's nothing close to treason. There's zero wrong with what Obama has done on immigration. Disliking his approach doesn't make it illegal.

He's breaking the law and ignoring the supreme court! Anything goes with you're an left wing extremist, Democrat!

No hes not wow people just make stuff up and get stars. The executive branch gets to establish policies. The Obama administration has decided not to have law enforcement actively seek illegals. Which let's face it would be stupid police don't have the manpower. Instead of they are arrested they are deported. This violates no laws what so ever yet people scream stupid stuff like treason. God help us if people here were in charge the police would be kicking down doors and asking for your papers.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Obama: I'm Still Not Enforcing Immigration Law, No Matter What The Court Says

Should of thrown him in jail when he violated the Constitution by tracking the chair in the UN security council 6 years ago.
edit on 28-6-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You guys use words like treason but obviously do not know what it means or how a court actually uses the charge.

Were where you when Regan, Bush I , Clinton and Bush II all did the same things as Obama is doing now.

There is a reason we have not rounded up all the illegals and kicked them out. Also why no President has ever done it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Forget about man power Police don't have the athority. Illegals are a fedreal matter.
edit on 28-6-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you think Obama is an elitist athoritarian then you are going to go into shock if Trump wins.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Again, who are the illegals? And Trump is announcing no TPP. Hmm, God is threatening me with hell if I don't forgive the Americans, and this is how you treat others?

Hey guys, it's time to forget nationalism altogether. There are far far more important things than race. Trust me, nothing is worth hell.
edit on 28-6-2016 by cecil2982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

You guys use words like treason but obviously do not know what it means or how a court actually uses the charge.

Were where you when Regan, Bush I , Clinton and Bush II all did the same things as Obama is doing now.

There is a reason we have not rounded up all the illegals and kicked them out. Also why no President has ever done it.

And what reason would that be?

The millions of jobs americans won't do?

I think it would be a good thing for people to have a job.

What happened to clawing your way up the ladder?

We all can't be rock stars.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Most popular president in modern times. Every move is impeachable to you guys. Just lame.

Wrong! Everyone I know despises the man at a cellular level. It's divided into worshiping or hating the man. No middle ground. But I hated him when he was an arrogant Senator. Then we met his spouse...

He/She is finally proud to be an American! "Barf" I guess hanging with rappers at the White House is what it should all be about. Idiocracy has arrived!

Most people I know evaluate Obama with a non-commital, "Meh."

I think some of you guys have been spending too much time debating politics on the internet to the point where it's starting to define your reality.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join