It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C.I.A. Arms for Syrian Rebels Supplied Black Market, Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

AMMAN, Jordan — Weapons shipped into Jordan by the Central Intelligence Agency and Saudi Arabia intended for Syrian rebels have been systematically stolen by Jordanian intelligence operatives and sold to arms merchants on the black market, according to American and Jordanian officials. Some of the stolen weapons were used in a shooting in November that killed two Americans and three others at a police training facility in Amman, F.B.I. officials believe after months of investigating the attack, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Looks like the CIA is going to get heat for operations in the middle east. Why the USA expects anyone in the Middle East to be loyal is beyond me. Bombs everywhere for the last two decades and now the USA is surprised to see its own weapons coming back at us?

Jordanian and American officials described the weapons theft and subsequent investigation on the condition of anonymity because the Syrian rebel training is classified in the United States and is a government secret in Jordan.

Well at one time it was classified; before servers were exposed to be hacked and emails stolen and deleted.

Word that the weapons intended for the rebels were being bought and sold on the black market leaked into Jordan government circles last year, when arms dealers began bragging to their customers that they had large stocks of American- and Saudi-provided weapons.

They have known about this for a year? Good thing we have such transparency from our elected leaders. They will rally here and stage sit ins to deny citizens the right to self defense and at the same time knowingly pass weapons to those who intend to do us harm in the Middle East!

President Obama authorized the covert arming program in April 2013, after more than a year of debate inside the administration about the wisdom of using the C.I.A. to train rebels trying to oust Mr. Assad.

By late 2013, the C.I.A. was working directly with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other nations to arm and train small groups of rebels and send them across the border into Syria.

Good thing they can get ahead of this; before the rest of Hillary's emails are leaked. It will be interesting to see if the big O gets crapped on for his part in the mess in the ME like Bush jr did. If the media calls the current administration out now perhaps the storm won't be so bad when the emails come to see the light of day.

edit on 27/6/2016 by shooterbrody because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Making some popcorn, taking a seat and watching the show when the old agencies are going into a fistfight

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Weapons shipped into Jordan by the Central Intelligence Agency and Saudi Arabia intended for Syrian rebels have been systematically stolen by Jordanian intelligence operatives and sold to arms merchants on the black market, according to American and Jordanian officials.

That would explain then how they fall into the 'wrong hands' . As long as they are trying to topple Assad, they are the right hands, no matter how many hands they pass through.

More cover story for covert insurgent warfare.

edit on 27-6-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
MoA has a new piece up on this as well ....

That weapons for "moderate rebels" end up and are sold to by Jihadis, even on Facebook, was predictable from the get-go and has been known for a long time. It is not a Jordanian problem. Other myth the piece tries to plant include: the CIA only started to train Syrian rebels and to deliver weapon to them in 2013 the weapons all came from eastern Europe via some Gulf countries those U.S. dependent Gulf countries were acting randomly and only since 2013 did the CIA, thankfully, take the lead and set things straight the Jordan state lets the officers who systematically "stole" weapons keep their pensions and the profits from the deal because that's what that weird Jordan state does There has been quite a bit of reporting that contradicts those fairy tales: the international operations rooms to coordinate the Syrian rebels in Turkey and Jordan started in 2012 the CIA supervised smuggling of weapons from Libya to Syria in 2011/12 the Gulf countries depend in the U.S. for their intelligence and defense; they do not "go rogue" unnoticed and unchallenged unless it is in U.S. interests no state, not even Jordan, will pamper officers who "stole" and sold weapons if these deeds were against orders and the interests of the state An open question is why this story was created now. It provides some limited hangouts but its real purpose seems to be to plant the story "Jordan officer stole weapons that killed U.S. people" which makes Jordan look bad. The NYT report was written in collaboration with the Qatari outlet Al Jazeerah.
www.moonofalabama.org...

I wonder if this also ties into the bombing recently of the moderate rebels by ( ???) .Russia got blamed but they deny it . One wonders if there is a good cia/fbi also covertley working over there too .... eta ..this is a link to the other story on the bombing of moderate rebels near the Jordan border www.moonofalabama.org...

edit on 27-6-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Let me fix this for you:

Weapons always intended to destabilise the Middle East as a region in its entirety, went exactly where the sender wanted them to, by deliberately convoluted means, designed to throw off suspicion and create plausible deniability. The CIAs policy of giving material support to rebel groups as well as terrorist caliphates is alive and well. Everything is going according to plan, move along people, nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So are the people that made all the noise about bush jr being the devil going to make the same noise about obama being the devil now?

Or is this so common place now its just business as usual?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I consider any president who would put up with a CIA so unaccountable and treasonous, to be as poisonous as can be. Obama should fire the CIAs entire policy branch, it's every executive, and have them all arrested on treason charges, or be considered complicit in their behaviour, and the same goes for the behaviour of British intelligence services, Tony Blair, and David Cameron over the course of the war on terror.

They bought it, paid for it, and are still paying for it now, and I want justice for the fallen on all sides. The machinations of this toxic trifecta, the MIC, the intelligence industry, and our governments must be bought to rapid, uncompromising, and total conclusion, with the most immediate effect possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: TrueBrit

So are the people that made all the noise about bush jr being the devil going to make the same noise about obama being the devil now?

Or is this so common place now its just business as usual?

Bush was the short relief pitcher. Obama is the setup , the next will be the closer.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My sentiments exactly .. Here is my post in this ats thread -
AboveTopSecret - Saudi embassy branded ‘Daesh bank’ in Berlin projection stunt

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So then is this just fast and furious on a global scale?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No Obama apologists today?
No Hillary correct the records to tell me how she has no responsibility for this or how she is going to fix this?
Is this the dems foreign policy?

top topics

join