It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says Christians should apologise to gay people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I am not religious but to bring up a good point, in the Bible it says that gay people (specifically Men) should be killed because they are an abomination to the Lord but burning incense are also an abomination to the Lord and, well, . . . . .Catholics burn a whole hell of a lot of incense. With that said though, the Pope is a traitor to the faith and should probably be killed too, according to the BIBLE. It's a big mess if you ask me. Religion, meh, just keep the good parts like "Do unto others as you would do unto yourself" and throw the rest away.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Every bigot should apologise to homos.
THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!
They just loved someone.
We should all love someone if we get the chance... There's nothing quite like it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I thought Christianity was about loving the Sinner but hating the Sin?

Anyways I think The Pope should give all the Gold from inside his massive Palace on 7 Hills, back to the People and stop pretending to be God's authority on Earth.

I also think if he's going to Cherry Pick about Just Christians, then it's time he treated everyone Equally and said the Same thing to Moslems and the Islamic Beliefs towards Gays.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Did I just wake up in an alternate reality? It seems like the more violence and Chaos Muslims spread, the more scrutiny and attention Christians get.

This⬆

More like Muslims should apologize.

Christians are pretty accepting these days, that's a lot more than we can say for Islam.
edit on 27-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Except in the southern us where they are still passing laws against homosexuals and transgenders.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Where are all these haters? No one mentioned hatred; pity, on the other hand you can have that in spades. Pity that you refuse to see any further than that organised religious nose on your face.

I don't profess to be able to teach anyone anything, i do however feel free to offer up my opinion. You are the one that sounds a lot like you have hate on the brain, then again that's exactly what religion breeds. Hatred towards anything that's different or that questions your arcane system of belief that's not worth the paper its printed upon.

edit on 27-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know there's something strange going on in your religion when the Vatican are the less prudish and open of the bunch.

Maybe there's another schism coming in Christianity over the next 10 years. Personally, I like this Pope, he seems to be much more about what Jesus was talking about.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This guy is the only reason I come out of the closet once or twice per year, to admit I am catholic.
Doesn't have to be so "pushed" as it seems to be in the US.

But I love modern family! Because of the 2. Sorry forgot the names. And Phil. But I get it seems up to the point where gender got outrun from individuality. If that's so kudos.
I can see myself as male in a lesbian relationship with Phil being the female part.
What gender am I?

a reply to: andy06shake

Sounds like you're hating religion. It's as it is with everything, if you're not doing it professionally and you do it every day, you overdo it.
The problem is not the books and stories, but the people using it to escape reality.

edit on 27-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would like to take this moment to offer my sincerest apologizes to all of those people that I have been equally and intentionally abrasive, inflammatory, offensive and verbally abusive to here, especially those opposed to the LGBT community. I admit that I am passionate and biased in my views of this matter being Trans myself as I make no secret of it here. It is just frustrating knowing that you are something of a social pariah in the eyes of so many of the world who do not even understand where you come from or who you are as a person on a real level. I'm no saint I assure you all of that but I am no monster like so many that hide behind a self proclaimed sense of and/ or identity of piety and righteousness that they use to hide their own dirty little secrets which are then used against them as leverage by their professional peers . I am very human and often to my detriment wear my emotions on my sleeve which means you will always know where you stand with me. That being said I tend to lash out sometimes in anger and frustration from being constantly barraged with hate and/or ignorance that seems to originate in misunderstood, mistranslated, misquoted religious doctrine that is often altered to suit the interests of the ruling establishment moving forward into the future.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I dont hate religion, i relies there are a lot of good people who believe in there own faith without willingly causing harm to others. I do however detest what it has done to humanity. How it has essentially retarded our ability to think freely and for ourselves.

Think of some of the atrocity's throughout recorded history that organised religion in one form or another is responsible for.

The Crusades, the Jihads, the inquisition, the Ku Klux Klan, the holocaust, the Muslim conquests, even our beloved Westboro Baptist Church is around because of religion and lets not forget the biblical endorsement to mistreat homosexuals.

The problem is the people who use religion to further there own agendas and this has been the case since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

While you rallying under a flag, because that's totally different?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Which flag is this?

End of the day "We are all Jock Tamson's Bairns".

Meaning we are all part of the human race, colour, creed, nationality, sexuality and religion aside, we are all people. So if i rally under any flag its humanity's flag.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Oh how refreshing! After all this mess there's still people like you!

Will say you're right all the philosophical constructs worked fine for forming tribes, but are unnecessary if you arrived at the bottom of the rabbithole.

edit on 27-6-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

He has to start by explaining the churches reasoning not just dictating that it must be done
And yes it must be done, only by those who do abuse their power

Pope Francis is just signaling to those who understand that the role of the Church is coming to an end.

That he is the Last Pope.

Hereafter, Christianity is to be abandoned.

Islam will fill the void.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well the way Humanity is progressing i think we are all headed for that rabbit hole one way or another. The difference being some of us jump right in and others have to be pushed. But the fall remains the same.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I am sure you could be righ, though, there is a Protestant church that do not accept the papacy and Roman Catholicism
Islam and Roman Christianity will have an illegitimate child by the pope, even some atheists will accept it I think

But I don't think the church will die

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thats not a sound philosophical arguement regarding religion and death. First off nothing says to do what those people did besides interpreting the scripture for their benifits.

It's the same arguement as atheism leads to horrendous atrocity like pol pot, Mao, Stalin, Hitler etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I dont hate religion, i relies there are a lot of good people who believe in there own faith without willingly causing harm to others. I do however detest what it has done to humanity. How it has essentially retarded our ability to think freely and for ourselves.

Think of some of the atrocity's throughout recorded history that organised religion in one form or another is responsible for.

The Crusades, the Jihads, the inquisition, the Ku Klux Klan, the holocaust, the Muslim conquests, even our beloved Westboro Baptist Church is around because of religion and lets not forget the biblical endorsement to mistreat homosexuals.

The problem is the people who use religion to further there own agendas and this has been the case since the beginning.

Yet you conveniently ignore the plus 100 million lives lost to atheist communism in the twentieth century, is that convenient.
You inspire division and also hate
Homosexuals were mistreated in many atheist communist country's,google is your friend, the holocaust inspired by Darwinism, again meet mr google

100 million plus lives atheist communism cost the world in the twentieth century, did you miss that?
Non religious who use their agendas to further their ideology, since the dawn of atheism

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Neither of your statements are philosophically true.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I apologize for nothing and to no man for things I had no role in. I do, however, demand an apology from this man, this pope, for being arrogant enough to presume he holds any authority over the millions of Christians not in any form of communion with his Catholic Church. We neither asked for your advice nor accept it, Mr. Bergoglio.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join