It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party takes major stand for reproductive freedom

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
My,my, all this fervor and heat and defending of the defenseless. Oh my, where can I sign on. I am so ready to stop bombing kids. I bet they want to live too.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually, I agree with you on the bit about what comes to me medically should be all my business and none of yours.

If I wanted the state in my bedroom, I would have supported Obamacare.

This is what people don't understand: If you want us all out of what you do in your life, then you need to take full responsibility for it. Stop demanding everyone else be involved through their money and through your mandates. When you pay for it and otherwise do it on your own time and dime, no one but you has any say or business having a say. However, as soon as you demand that we (the rest of us) start supporting you in your lifestyle and your choices, then we start asking what the hell you are doing and why we are being asked to pay for that ... in essence, now we're in your bedroom and your medical life too because you forced us there.

In other words, take some responsibility for it and stop making it ours.

(post by Tsukimidnightmoon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsukimidnightmoon
Has "responsibility" been turned into a buzz word? People here don't step away from the line for a second. Jesus Christ, you all are mindless drones repeating thing you don't even understand.

I don't?

It involves having an understanding of cause and effect - my causes producing effects that happen to me. Then it involves being accountable to deal with those effects of my actions.

In other words: Cause and effect - sex leads to babies. Therefore, I take steps to avoid having babies which means I am accountable to paying for the means to avoid it and/or providing those means personally or I avoid having sex. If I should become pregnant, it means there is another person in the equation now through the cause of my own actions and I am now accountable to handle that with both myself and the baby in mind in a responsible and accountable manner.

By demanding that everyone else be accountable to your own causes and effects, you are shirking your responsibility. And if that IS what you consider being accountable, then you have to realize that you are no longer the sole arbiter of what goes on with that process and are at the whims of others and you may not like those whims because they aren't yours.
edit on 27-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nothing about Obamacare that "puts the State in your bedroom." Another non sequitur.

No, I don't have to do anything to keep you and others "out of my life." The problem you're having, as a typical authoritarian, is that it's not up to you to decide. I'm not demanding anything, I'm not requiring anything, no one is spending "your money" on anything. No one is asking or even wants your "support" ... but we do, as a people, decide to provide healthcare to those who cannot afford it. You don't get to say "no" when you don't like the circumstances of said healthcare.

Many are taking responsibility for their lives; that's why they deem that an unpleasant medical procedure, like an abortion is necessary.

Take responsibility for your own life and keep your nose out of others, and for goodness sakes, stop advocating for overreach of the State into our lives when it suits your agenda.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't?

No, you don't. Watch as i destroy your post and leave you with nothing.

It involves having an understanding of cause and effect - my causes producing effects that happen to me. Then it involves being accountable to deal with those effects of my actions.

We both know you have no understanding of cause and effect. You only use that phrase because you thought it sounded nice and need something to sound logical.

In other words: Cause and effect - sex leads to babies.

Not if you have an abortion

Therefore, I take steps to avoid having babies which means I am accountable to paying for the means to avoid it and/or providing those means personally or I avoid having sex.

Abortions are a method of avoiding a child.

If I should become pregnant, it means there is another person in the equation now through the cause of my own actions and I am now accountable to handle that with both myself and the baby in mind in a responsible and accountable manner.

No you are free to do as you choose. Just as everyone else.

By demanding that everyone else be accountable to your own causes and effects, you are shirking your responsibility.

No one is holding you accountable for any abortion or free birth control. Please show me the example where you were forced to buy someone else birth control.
edit on 27-6-2016 by Tsukimidnightmoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2016 by Tsukimidnightmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Of course, a lot of the right is going to cry faux outrage, cannot expect anything less from the party of hypocrites.

They only care about the children in the womb, then when they are born and become unwanted, they refuse to foot the bill to take care of them.

They care about children in the womb then ask the military to carpet bomb countries which would kill innocent children but they don't care.

They care about the children in the womb then attack the poor, assuming all the poor are on there willingly and then a poor mother has to choose to whether or not to bring into this world, another mouth to feed.

They care about the children in the womb but hate the fact that people want a minimum wage raise in order to survive, which would help poor children eat.

I hate abortions but it will never be my place to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body. A lot of the right want to make this decision for them, but they also refuse to help with contraception's that would avoid the need for an abortion.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
First...I am and have always been Pro-Choice! However, when it comes to ending life, I can completely understand individuals not being willing to contribute. Be that the "unborn" or the old and sick or the death penalty. This to me is significantly different than other laws, etc. where everyone must contribute. Death is final and killing is something no person, especially if it is against their beliefs, should ever have to contribute to.

Medication for birth control...yes. The "day-after" pill...no. Not unless for medical reasons only.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'll have more respect for the right-wing's alleged concern for Life right after they finish beating our 12 billion dollar budget for swords into plowshares.

If abortion is murder (it isn't), collateral damage certainly is.

Let's be at least as concerned about the actual human children once they're here, K?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There are other options.

Thirty-Six Couples Wait for Every One Baby Who is Adopted

If you are going to take actions that you know can result in a pregnancy, then YOU are responsible for the child.

If you don't want a child, then take precautions.

If you do end up unexpectedly pregnant, and you really feel that you are unable to care for the child, then the most selfless thing you can do is to have the child, and give it up for adoption. There are many couples waiting. Many end up going to international adoptions, because there are not enough babies available in the US.

If you choose to murder a child, because you find it to be inconvenient, even though its very existence is because of your own personal actions, then this is the most selfish, evil thing you can do.

And if you choose to do this selfish evil thing, you should not expect other people to pay for it with their taxes.

edit on 6/27/16 by BlueAjah because: added

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'll have more respect for the right-wing's alleged concern for Life right after they finish beating our 12 billion dollar budget for swords into plowshares.

Let's be at least as concerned about the actual human children once they're here, K?

Hitler had gas chambers.

Democrats have abortion clinics.

Same effect.

The END of human life.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hitler had gas chambers.

Democrats have abortion clinics.

Same effect.

The END of human life.

What an amazing example of utterly ridiculous false equivalency, Neo!

Interestingly, more Christian women get abortions than any other group (70%). (Unclear if they're also Republicans).

So, I guess you'd have to amend that comparison to Nazis and Christians, which makes a lot more sense, actually, since according to you, all Democrats are godless heathen Communists.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Interestingly, more Christian women get abortions than any other group (70%). (Unclear if they're also Republicans).

PROVE it!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

reverbpress.com...

www.christianpost.com...

Interesting anyone have any ideas on why? Neo your thoughts?.
edit on 27-6-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Shame it has nothing to do with the TOPIC.

But this does.

“The Democratic Party platform explicitly calls for repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts access to women’s reproductive rights, particularly low-income women and women of color,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

Minority women constitute only about 13% of the female population (age 15-44) in the United States, but they underwent approximately 36% of the abortions.

Black Genocide

I guess BLACK lives don't matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Like you care, the only time you seem to care about black lives is when you think using them somehow benefits you.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

Like you care, the only time you seem to care about black lives is when you think using them somehow benefits you.

Must have mistaken me for a DEMOCRAT.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Actually no, have seen you in other threads complaining about BLM, issues regarding black people...etc.

Now you are in this thread pretending to care about black lives, you wanna know why, because you think it helps you make a point. When you are just using them for your own benefit.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

The only people 'pretending' are THESE people.

“The Democratic Party platform explicitly calls for repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts access to women’s reproductive rights, particularly low-income women and women of color,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So, Christian women get the most abortions. Kinda undercuts the "religious" angle on it, don't it?

As to the usual tripe about Black genocide, let's ask ourselves, does this have anything to do with economic standing?

What portion of abortions happen in the poorest sectors of our society? With the least access to good education and reasonable preventative measures (thanks mostly to Republican prudery)?

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join