It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth Found in the King James Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All of my life I have searched the universe for what is real, true, genuine opposed to lies and deceit. I was never raised on Christianity and as a kid I attended one Bible School study. I was baptized a Catholic that I know for sure! I found the truth through a great deal of pain. I had a very painful consciousness awakening in which I called out first love then God when all was lost and I was hanging on to my life. Since then I have read an entire Bible of the Jehovah Witness Bible, yet I have concluded that the closest Bible to the Truth which is the Truth is the King James Bible. For who knows if we are ever lost in translation; yet I will firmly state that the Truth is within the text of the King James Bible! I admit its long and yes, but I believe you will come away intrigued.

Here is my Truth Video:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wormwoody

Great thread thank you. I sent you a pm so I would not drift your thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

...yet I have concluded that the closest Bible to the Truth which is the Truth is the King James Bible.

The closest thing to the truth is the truth. The trick is to find how wise men discovered the truth to write down in the first place. A book is just a retelling.

milk of the word, not the meat.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Another new account? You don't give up, do you?

What evidence do you have that the KJV is the "truth"? And what "truth" are you speaking of? The video is 30 minutes long. Unlikely most members, including myself, are going to watch it without some idea of what's in it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am not a religious man but even I have to admit there is some wisdom in the bible, after getting married nothing is more truth than proverbs 21:19

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you I will check it out!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I just watched the whole video because for some reason I just could not stop.

From Obama being Osama Bin Laden and the anti-Christ to women using dildos because of the feminization of men to, and I quote, "F'n punch the bastard in the mouth, I'm a Christian" to if you want to do something about evil join the military, etc., etc., etc..

In all seriousness, I hope there is someone in the mental health field that can watch this and give their professional opinion.

Because I wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

I will be praying for you Wormwoody, aka: Holy Ghost.
edit on 6 26 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you for your prayers!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wormwoody

Here is my Truth Video:

Wow. This is how you spend your time as an adult, huh??

You should get professional help.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thoughts, feelings and actions:

Are you familiar with them?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I am not a religious man but even I have to admit there is some wisdom in the bible, after getting married nothing is more truth than proverbs 21:19

Yup, there is truth in that for sure.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've read the king James version a couple of times. It is a decent read. Read it when I was young and put it in the bathroom next to the toilet so I have read it at least once again over the years. I needed to learn it because my mother was over religious and would make judgemental statement about others. I had to know how to straighten her out. She should have gotten into a normal church and took the writings as a guide. But some that preach on TV are preaching something that would not have been acceptable to Jesus. Their tactics were actually what Jesus was trying to say not to do.

So I learned it inside out. I have also read quite a bit of the witnesses bible, it is not that much different. Their version of translation is actually a little better I feel. The bible is interpreted by people, the interpretation can be taken way out of original context depending on your desires and beliefs. Many have twisted what it says to justify their beliefs throughout history.

It is a good book. It tries to teach people how to live together in a peaceful way and attempts to show how slip slide can lead to major problems. The old testement has more content showing people what not to do, but people twist this by not reading the whole thing and picking little sets of scriptures to try to get it to say what they want. The old testement is there for reference, what Christians should be focusing on is the new testement, although revelations was written by a man imprisoned on an island so he tends to be a little cranky. Some of what he says is relevant though, he actually takes older text and puts it into his writings. When chaos breaks out and deceit is rampant, lots of hell breaks loose here on earth.

edit on 26-6-2016 by rickymouse because: misspelling

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You say you are the Holy Ghost and then you say our world is hell. You talk about compassion and love, then you seemingly chastise the entire peoples of another country or religion. You apparently only care about America and Christianity while forgetting that there are billions of other people and many differing religions. You clearly place an emphasis on provoking the Islamic State which would surely serve only to worsen the conflict in the Middle East, as if they’d even pay any attention to you. As a Gulf War veteran, you for one ought know what war is like and how it should be avoided but instead you are throwing more fuel on the fire. You mentioned empathy but at the same time you also seem to dislike women. What’s more is that you say idolising is a sin whilst displaying a Cross.

As mentioned, you need help. I don’t know if a psychiatrist is appropriate mind you, I think you would do better to pray in earnest. Maybe you could start by repenting of your blasphemous tongue.

For he who knows not the Great Wind, knows not that which created it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Thoughts, feelings and actions:

Are you familiar with them?

Of course. I'm a human being. What's your point??

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

All of my life I have searched the universe for what is real, true, genuine opposed to lies and deceit. I was never raised on Christianity and as a kid I attended one Bible School study. I was baptized a Catholic that I know for sure! I found the truth through a great deal of pain. I had a very painful consciousness awakening in which I called out first love then God when all was lost and I was hanging on to my life. Since then I have read an entire Bible of the Jehovah Witness Bible, yet I have concluded that the closest Bible to the Truth which is the Truth is the King James Bible. For who knows if we are ever lost in translation; yet I will firmly state that the Truth is within the text of the King James Bible! I admit its long and yes, but I believe you will come away intrigued.

Here is my Truth Video:

Yeah, the JW version deliberately tries to obfuscate many things to support their particular beliefs. The Jefferson Bible had similar aims.

The King James Version (of which there are many sub-versions - the original 1611 version, the Standard Text of 1769, the Authorized Version, to name a few) is at best a translation. It isn't the original version and isn't in the original languages.

The KJV has several 'known to be mistranslated' words, some of which do lead to confusion if taken out of context (and they usually are, by critics).

Wikipedia has an article on the KJV which seems fairly balanced.

My primary dislike of many English translations (the KJV included) is the fact that they render the many names of God down to either "Lord" or "God". The names given to God have significance in the text and in meaning. I would prefer that a translation be painstaking in ensuring that it was true to the original text, even if there has to be extensive commentary to explain cultural, and language minutiae in the text.

I have not found a single English translation rigorous enough that it can take its place as 'the one and the only' source of truth in my library.

Currently I use a KJV with Strongs concordance numbers, a Majority Text based Parallel (English, Hebrew and Greek) Bible, the Message Bible, the CEV translation, Masorete and Septuagint translations of the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), the online English translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Strongest Strongs Concordance and finally "Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible" to arrive at consensus on particularly contentious alternate meanings.

edit on 27/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Another new account? You don't give up, do you?

What evidence do you have that the KJV is the "truth"? And what "truth" are you speaking of? The video is 30 minutes long. Unlikely most members, including myself, are going to watch it without some idea of what's in it.

So this is the same person who has previously nailed his colours to the mast of a very specific edition of the Jerusalem Bible?

P.S. This is the video on Youtube
www.youtube.com...
Apparently he is "retired" and lives in San Diego
edit on 27-6-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
I think our "friend" needs a more constructive hobby.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 32

Sons of God=correct
Sons of Israel=incorrect
edit on 27-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Here is my Truth Video:

Wow. This is how you spend your time as an adult, huh??

You should get professional help.

Does projecting a negative opinion of someone else and /or how they like to spend their time make you a better person?

Does it accomplish anything at all?

There are so many interesting topics here I just feel that it would be more adult like if you went somewhere you could say something positive or at least constructive.

Personally I have only a few issues with the King James Bible and the world of Christianity owes it its gratitude as the first available to anyone English language Bible that is still widely used.

That's impressive and we take for granted that we have so many options today but before King James generation you had to be important to have a personal Bible and you could face the wrath of the See just for possessing a Bible once upon a time.

But today I only use Bibles with the Apocrypha because it has 1-4 Maccabees and more books. It means I have to buy a Catholic Bible which is actually good because they have good translations.

My next purchase is the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible which is obviously only the Old Testament but I am dying to see it in English.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

My primary dislike of many English translations (the KJV included) is the fact that they render the many names of God down to either "Lord" or "God". The names given to God have significance in the text and in meaning. I would prefer that a translation be painstaking in ensuring that it was true to the original text, even if there has to be extensive commentary to explain cultural, and language minutiae in the text.

you mean like these,
El Shaddai
Elohim
Jehovah
Jehovah-Raah
Jehovah-Jireh
Jehovah-Rapha
Jehovah-Tsidkenu
Jehovah-Shalom
Jehovah-Shammah
Jehovah-Nissi

top topics