It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesuit's Symbol links to an 18th Century Grimoire called "The Key of Hell"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The Jesuits and especially Loyola were the ones who bought in brainwashing on a catholic scale. He said "Give me a child till he is 8 and he is mine for life.

He knew exactly why he would doing because the more religion you pump into kids the more it becomes automatic thinking for them an d they don't question it.

This business of whether somethings from the devil is ludicrous - religion has to have an adversary to excuse people's behaviour and make them toe the line - how could you say how good God is if he didn't have an opposite to compare him to?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Since the Jesuit order was founded three hundred years before this piece of mumbo-jumbo was written, this ‘news’ has no significance at all.

Also, if I were you, I’d go and look the meaning of ‘privy’ up in a dictionary. And change my username.

I would reply with a sensible answer to point you in the direction of where you can find some common sense, but I'd figure I'd take after your lead and be facetious and sarcastic.

Now go troll along on some other post. K thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess
I can't find the image in my library at present, but I had a good interpretation of one of the Key's pages as compared to a medieval Arabic alchemical text. It purported (rightfully so, in my opinion) to depict a procession of the equinox resulting in some important events, as well as some scientific principles.

In some of the Key of Hell documents you can see
vinculum maximum (maximum bond)
alpha kai omega (beginning and end)
qui facis mirabilia magna solus (doing/showing great wonders)
friis(?) coronat opus (crowning work)

The "maximum bond" alongside the ouroborus symbol reminds me of Benzene discovery.

And while my understanding of symbolism is rudimentary at best, I can recognize the cross representing Jesus, the serpent representing resurrection (through shedding skin), the skull representing Golgotha...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Only 0-21 are legitimate in Tarot, do you know the number of that card?

0-21 correspond to the Hebrew alphabet and the rest of the cards are junk.

Revelation has 22 chapters.

I would say they are nails not swords.

But where is the 4th nail?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

That cross with the snake is called the Tau.

It represents the bronze staff of Moses.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I asked the question you answered about the 3 nails, "where is the 4th?" is what I asked.

I had never heard of that 3 nail subject.

Jesuits are like the Mossad of Catholicism and the power they wield is silent and enormous. Hard to find deep info on.
edit on 27-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Esoteric manuscripts, Alchemy, ciphers and symbology. These subjects get my brain juices flowing like no other. It is written in such a way that it can mean any thing to any one. But, only the one that holds the key can truly navigate its entirety.

Thanks for this thread, op, and the contributors. It makes me want to dust off some of the old volumes.

Concerning the Cross and the serpentine symbol of the old book:
That is strikingly similar to the alchemical symbol meaning "to purify".

I would post a picture of what I am referring, but I'm not too hip on how to do it.

A quick image-search of "Alchemical Symbol Meaning To Purify " will have to suffice.
The 1st result should be an alchemical diagram of 8 or so symbols.

The one to which I refer is the 6th from the right.

An arrow with a serpentine rope flowing along it.

Considering the image from the manuscript and the image referenced above; the angles and symmetry of the two are too similar to pass off as coincidence.

So, yes, suffice it to say you all have piqued my interests.

...I also agree with Cabab, any tarot card out of the Major is just filler.

Thanks again to all for making this old noodle tick.
edit on 01AMAMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: Stupid smart phones.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HAARPO
Esoteric manuscripts, Alchemy, ciphers and symbology. These subjects get my brain juices flowing like no other. It is written in such a way that it can mean any thing to any one. But, only the one that holds the key can truly navigate its entirety.

Thanks for this thread, op, and the contributors. It makes me want to dust off some of the old volumes.

Concerning the Cross and the serpentine symbol of the old book:
That is strikingly similar to the alchemical symbol meaning "to purify".

I would post a picture of what I am referring, but I'm not too hip on how to do it.

A quick image-search of "Alchemical Symbol Meaning To Purify " will have to suffice.
The 1st result should be an alchemical diagram of 8 or so symbols.

The one to which I refer is the 6th from the right.

An arrow with a serpentine rope flowing along it.

Considering the image from the manuscript and the image referenced above; the angles and symmetry of the two are too similar to pass off as coincidence.

So, yes, suffice it to say you all have piqued my interests.

...I also agree with Cabab, any tarot card out of the Major is just filler.

Thanks again to all for making this old noodle tick.

You're quite welcome!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Have you noticed how there are 32 rays around the solar disk? Like the 32 paths (22 consonants + 10 numbers) of the Tree-of-Life, Etz ha-Chamayim, central in Kabbalah?
edit on 28-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: ?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Thanks for revealing that to us! I had not made that connection yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Also, IHS or JHS is a «Christogram» or Nomen sacrum for Jesus. en.wikipedia.org...

First two letters; Iota (I) and Eta (written H, sounds /e/) and the last letter Sigma (Greek Σ or Latinised S) of «Jesus» or Gr. ΣΟΥΣ or Ἰησοῦς, Latinised IESOUS.

You can see an example of the IHS or rather ΙΗΣ, used inside Papyrus 37 at en.wikipedia.org... look for streaks in these ancient texts, they typically highlight these nomina sacra (lit. «sacred words») in the texts, shorthand abbreviations of sacred words, the nomina sacra are found below the streaks.

PS: After all these years I have come to like the Jesuits. I actually think they're on to something!

edit on 29-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
I can't find the image in my library at present, but I had a good interpretation of one of the Key's pages as compared to a medieval Arabic alchemical text. It purported (rightfully so, in my opinion) to depict a procession of the equinox resulting in some important events, as well as some scientific principles.

In some of the Key of Hell documents you can see
vinculum maximum (maximum bond)
alpha kai omega (beginning and end)
qui facis mirabilia magna solus (doing/showing great wonders)
friis(?) coronat opus (crowning work)

The "maximum bond" alongside the ouroborus symbol reminds me of Benzene discovery.

And while my understanding of symbolism is rudimentary at best, I can recognize the cross representing Jesus, the serpent representing resurrection (through shedding skin), the skull representing Golgotha...

The first thing I noticed when I saw that, and I don't know anything, is the Hebrew name inside the triangle, which when translated into English is YHWH, or JHVH, or also known as Jehovah.

They were using Jehovah's name (the name of the Almighty God) in magical ceremonies. Something strictly forbidden, when Jehovah said:

(Exodus 20:7) . . .“You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The pic shows the process of transmutation. There's a mixture of Latin, Greek, Hebrew and contains letters and symbols related to alchemy and religion. Below the transmuting serpents are a skull-and-bones, a peacock feather and a sword crossed over the alchemical symbol of Ignis7fire containing the Tetragrammaton, symbols of Christian mystics and Kabbalah and on top the ancient symbol of the serpent on the cross. Texts are as follows:

In Lat. and Gr. (top):
« (Lat.) Vinculum Maximum / (Gr.) A kai O»

In Gr. (right):
« O Kurios A Ton Pangon Pnei / Uper On »

In Gr. (left):
« Theos Agitotagos Este o Megistos / PLDT O S »

In Lat. (bottom):
« Qui Facis Mirabilia Magna Solus / Finis Coronat Opus »

In the center the Hebrew goes:
« Adonai Agela »

The alchemical runes look random, there is the symbol for Saturn (takes long time) and what looks like the symbols for Hermes/Philosophers' Stone (transmutation, turning lead into gold) and sublimation. The remaining L or h like symbol looks a bit like an Arabic Teth.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes
Well, that is strictly assuming that the image is somehow connected to a magic ceremony. More often than not alchemical/esoteric books were simply created to transmit information in times when the repressive church/government would punish the creators for such malfeasance.

a reply to: Utnapisjtim
Thank you, you are quite the resource on this site. The day after I posted that I rolled it over in my mind and figured out that the "Friis" was likely a quickly written "Finis" with the dot too far over. I felt stupid for missing it.

What is the meaning of the Greek? I wish I could read it. What tomes lie before me unravished.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

The pic shows the process of transmutation. There's a mixture of Latin, Greek, Hebrew and contains letters and symbols related to alchemy and religion. Below the transmuting serpents are a skull-and-bones, a peacock feather and a sword crossed over the alchemical symbol of Ignis7fire containing the Tetragrammaton, symbols of Christian mystics and Kabbalah and on top the ancient symbol of the serpent on the cross. Texts are as follows:

In Lat. and Gr. (top):
« (Lat.) Vinculum Maximum / (Gr.) A kai O»

==> Great/Higher Constriction/bond (a binding spell? Or perhaps even a marriage proposal???)

In Gr. (right):
« O Kurios A Ton Pangon Pnei / Uper On »

This here is odd, with seemingly mixed Latin / Greek:
Greek: Oh Lord * He [Latin Pango means fasten] / Uper [Hyper in modern English] means over, On, «City of the Sun»/Heliopolis in Egypt?? As an adverb in Greek On is the negative, like No in Eng, but it can also mean Where, In, At, On or similar in Eng.

So ==> Oh Lord * He is steadfast above On/Heliopolis

Or ==> Oh Lord Behold He [is] above Heliopolis

In Gr. (left):
« Theos Agitotagos Este o Megistos / PLDT O S »

God moves ?? the rest I don't know, Megistos means magnificent in Greek, and Este well looks like there are a few Latin visitors here too. Est/Este is Latin for «to be». The letters seem to be random or some kind of acronym etc. A magic spell? PLdT may allude to a number, and sums up to 414.

So ==> God moves and is magnificent

In Lat. (bottom):
« Qui Facis Mirabilia Magna Solus / Finis Coronat Opus »

A quick Google translate (its Latin translations are quite good sometimes) gives:

==> Who alone does great wonders / The end crowns the work

« Adonai Agela »

Adonai means lord, while Agela or AGLA may be an acronym relating to Kabbalah, or «AGLA (אגלא) is a notariqon (kabbalistic acronym) for Atah Gibor Le-olam Adonai,"You, O Lord, are mighty forever."» en.wikipedia.org...

So ==> Lord, You, O Lord, are mighty forever

The alchemical runes look random, there is the symbol for Saturn (takes long time) and what looks like the symbols for Hermes/Philosophers' Stone (transmutation, turning lead into gold) and sublimation. The remaining L or h like symbol looks a bit like an Arabic Teth.

The main picture is a typical symbol of transmutation relating to the Philosophers' Stone.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
« Adonai Agela »

Also Heb. גלא «GLA» means Reveal or Uncover, and with an alef prefix it becomes Heb. אגלא «AGLA» or Heb. אגלה «Aglah» which ties the word to the first person «I will reveal» or simply «I reveal».

Heb. אדונאי אגלא would read in English ==> «Lord, I reveal»
edit on 2-7-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

I have often wondered the same thing. If there were 4 nails, then why are three being pictured?

Could it be that the fourth nail is possibly missing?

And what if there were 5 or more nails? The world may never know.

And if the spear is holy, then I''m sure all the artifacts used would be considered holy, as well. The nails certainly encountered Jesus's blood, just as the spear did.

It is interesting, that tale about each nail having one of the names that make up the sator square...

Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas.

But then that would mean there were 5 nails altogether.

But, then again, it's just an old tale. There's no concrete proof as of yet to know the number of nails or if they even had names.

All we can say is that there were obviously nails involved.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

According to tradition, Jesus was crucified with only 3 nails, with one nail for the legs, he is supposed to have had a stool to stand upon, with his feet nailed only once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join