It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought Bush was going to focus on his legacy this term?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Didn't Bush say he was going to focus on his legacy this term? If so how is going to war with Iran, Syria, and probably North Korea going to help his legacy? The only thing going to be written about him in history books is how he destroyed the U.S. economy and being a war monger who destablized the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Absolutely not, he never said that. Clinton sat around and pondered his legacy for the entire second term, that is when he wasn't lying to the American people about Monica.

Bush is moving full-steam ahead with proposals he campaigned on without regard to a legacy per se. In the end, that will give him the best legacy possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure a legacy of death and destruction is too good a legacy.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Didn't Bush say he was going to focus on his legacy this term? If so how is going to war with Iran, Syria, and probably North Korea going to help his legacy? The only thing going to be written about him in history books is how he destroyed the U.S. economy and being a war monger who destablized the Middle East.

Amen to that Prophet, amen to that he wants to go into the history books as the president that started Armagedon.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Give the historians a few decades to figure out the long term results of all this turmoil and then he may be made out to be a saint. Although I don't think he is a saint, and I think his agendas are only to make his friends a lot of money, they may spin it to affiliate Bush with some sort of success in foreign oil policy.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Who knows he may manage to be canonized after all he have a private line with God itself. Right?

No body cares that all this at the expenses of our own country, what a legacy.

If the middle east is now a breeding ground to terrorist leave it to Bush and it will be a destabilized region of suicide martyrs to target any American in the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Give him a chance to be inagurated before you judge him on his legacy.:shk:

It's not like he is sitting on his hands. He has several heavy projects in the works as we speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Give him a chance to be inagurated before you judge him on his legacy.:shk:

It's not like he is sitting on his hands. He has several heavy projects in the works as we speak.

I know, but its hard Jsobecky, I just watched the news today and the offensive on Iran is planned for july so what can I said.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Iran offensive planed for July? I had not heard that.

And yes, I know that it's very hard for you to pass up a chance to dump on Bush. At least you're consistent.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amen to that Prophet, amen to that he wants to go into the history books as the president that started Armagedon.

How would be entered into the history books as the one started it, when there are no history books.

Just wondering.

Surf

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It sort of depends on what you consider to be a legacy. Personally, I think a good legacy would be for Bush to be remembered as the guy who stamped out terrorism and cleaned out Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, etc, rather than as the guy who sat around polishing his legacy.

His father left a nice legacy. It must be nice--nobody remembers anything about that guy except for a dislike of broccoli.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Im afraid there wont be any history books to be written when Mr. Bush is done with his wars. *sigh*

Are you people so blind you cant see that we're headed for an all out nuclear war? *shakes head*

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A legacy isn't what you plan, its what you actually leave behind. And history will be the judge, not this group beforehand... as someone else said, why don't you at least wait for the inaugural speech before even guessing at what the legacy might be? The speech should lay out his priorities and plans, at least in a general sense.

new topics

top topics

join