It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"what if I were 'evil'?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
a reply to: breakingbs
You mean like,

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,

And if that good man does nothing, does that make him equally as evil?

Evil wears many faces.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM

There are no afflictions, put upon any human being, by anything other, than our minds and beliefs, we dwell, in the desirable and undesirable, by choice alone, of our minds beliefs.

How we saturate the sponge is down to our-Self...............

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM

If something was "evil" would it admit it? Ok probably not.

There are some people that are drawn to evil, like a moth to a flame.

There was a TV show, Hannibal, that used to come on, maybe it still does. I never saw one complete episode of the show, it was way too dark for me. The show glorified a man that was the essence of evil, and he flaunted it. It is just a case of Hollywood imitating life.

True evil doesn't hide. It flaunts itself pridefully. It is all around us. We see it, we just deny what it really is, because it calls to the basis of our instincts, and wears a pretty face.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:22 PM
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yes, If we admit that evil exits, it follows that we admit that good exists also.

And yes, ethics and law define what is good, and what is evil. It follows that the definitions of good and evil are self imposed containers within which we act. And also ontainers within which society contains our will.

Does it not foillow that both good and evil are simply containers?

If so, then to destroy evil, one simply destroys the container.

But to destroy evil, one must destroy good also.

One would be a brave man to destroy both good and evil and therefore walk a path uncontained.

The path of personal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

If you take it from one box and put it in your own, is it the same good or the same evil? Or just a term for the intention when shopping in life mart placing things in ones basket... consume or create its all one big food chain... of consume and digest and grind it out. In body, speech, and mind. Watching intent in all 3 of those can display intention, reaction(of body) Speech same except some use deception for selfish or insecure reasons as intent, mind that that mirrors all of that... evil will smile at evil and good but thats dog eat dog in the end because no trust, and good will smile at good and frown at evil... in a parental totalitarian way. So in that macrocosim the two extremes are presented... annihilation and tolalitarianism... or rebelious child and some authority figure.

Thats the mirror of the world... but sometimes no one grows up, as all this stuff and systems were just here like the ever present space in which all matter and energy flow and combine and reconfigure... if a pine cone falls from a tree... how long will the tree curse it as rebellious until it sees it's rooted in the same soil see the cycle that it too fell from a tree calling it rebellious ad infinitum and that's just life out side of those boxes knowing we are all the same way and yet not different and depend on the cycles or boxes in which we decide to drop in our carts... this means ignorance is self chosen or not perpetuated or not... and in such a choice there is free will. But a tree is a tree... to leaf or not to leaf isn't a question, even with the digital age? We're back to scrolls.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM

I wonder bigbrotherdarkness, is evil absolute? Personally I doubt it. Just people hating, being cruel, killing etc., etc..

It can be said that it is the way of this world. But we can also change the world. But really, one should change one's self first.

If we look at the world as good and evil it is polarisation at work.

Perhaps if we look at the world in terms of right and wrong action. If we do, when we choose to intervene in the choices of others, our action becomes the righting of wrongs.

But one must first understand one's own daemons and be at piece with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM

yep and it takes each individual to do that not gide behind any banner to justify it, in hopes of controlling or swaying others in that bias.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:15 PM

Banners are just collective thinking/consciousness really, and isn't collective consciousness a control apparatus anyway? Both spiritual collectives and ideological collectives?

In this world one needs an Ego, the sense of self, to function.

I am not a an of hierachial control structures myself. But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:59 AM

The last sentence above should have read: "I am not a fan of . . . "

I did wonder what you would see, bigbrotherdarkness.

From my view, conventional western Buddhist based spirituality looks very much like a an egg shape, the bottom of which extends like a seven fingered hand.

Step back again and humanity itself looks like a sea creature. A jellyfish like critter that is a flatish bell with tentacles hanging below. The tentacles are (I think) Races of humanity that dangle down. Looking closely at the tentacles, one sees a spiral like form that has little twists. These are perhaps civilisations that have come and gone over time.

One might say that these tentacles are like little rivers of time within which a Race exists. Akasha is being created within the tentacles just behind the present.

That's the view from outside.

(Note, akasha as in aether transformed to past, as in akashic records.)

edit on 11-7-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: typo and added last two sentences for clarity

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:27 AM

My apologies for not getting back to you... no excuse just the truth of not seeing your reply sooner.

Well, there is an egg to crack in zen called the koan. Once cracked it's the experience of nature speaking back to you... or energy in a form unexpected to have a voice.

I'm not familiar the amount of numbers of races etc. people are people and each have their own individual ideologies even if saying they are some label taken or given, that ideology is twisted to suit their own ego or individuality...

Of course ideologies, belief or whatever are based on the conceptual. In as much as the old adage even though one might call some musical instrument a guitar, that is just a label for this device that cannot be found as it isnt dependent on the label except to identify it's form... the constituents that make up the guitar are not only found in other instruments but are a label or concept of something else and on and on and on into infinity... this conceptual is entropy itself and it all depends on a concept of function or label to exist as what seems to be an individual thing... yet it is ineffable as it is a myriad of things or simply matter that depends on certain conditions to exist regardless of any label given to them.

Basically all of this formation is matter and energy in a constant state of flux that arises and passes with an infinite potential in arising and passing from form to form, no matter the labels or concepts given to them, they simply are form and not form.

Realizing such beyond just understanding or of a rote nature of comprehension is direct experience of this. The direct experience of this in meditation is termed the void or all pervasive space... when ones form ceases to be anything except this fluctuating potential. Of course when one exits the void there is still form as all of the matter and energy in relative space is already being used as a potential, and only fluctuates when there is a natural occurrence or intention to rearrange that potential to something else.

So when people all 7.5 billion or so are manipulating matter and using energy to do so, there is typically some intent behind it, natural intent of course is no different than that of animals to eat, sleep, rest in ease of the body, and have sexual intercourse. Of course the intent that may seem un-natural is all the work in order to do all of those exact same things... except there are materials involved not typical, and well behaviors not really different either.

I suppose, it may seem like there is some divinity going on... but what really is the difference between ourselves and animals? We can't say materials because animals build nests as well, we can't say tools because some apes and birds also make and use tools, we cant say language because even crickets chirp.

So how are we really anything different other than the form and the attachment to the form that one calls a self that grasps onto all of these phantasms of concepts manipulate them by saying they are something other than just a part of experience that is continually arising and passing and that experience is never the same ever. The experience of such is often termed dwelling the present moment.

However, what is in that present moment? There is form and not form, then there are the 5 senses or consciousness's of each experience arising and passing whether one is aware of them or not the 6th consciousness or mind is the sponge and filing system that absorbs all of these various experiences... memory is like sitting in dampness that doesn't dry out, good and evil are like saying I do like the dampness or I dont like the dampness... then one tries to avoid experience arising to that which they have an aversion too, this comes in the way of control... yet experience is never the same it varies so holding onto that dampness just builds a bias of that future potential and the ease that could arise from not being so attached to these perceptions as something lasting... in that judgment of them we've made and then call that conglomerate of experience a self.

There is of course an arising in conscious awareness, the possibility to detach from all of those conceptual arisings or thoughts, this experience is mental quiescence... the mind does not think about what it sees it just sees unless directed to interact with what it sees, the sensation of touch does not register hot, cold, cramped or other concepts unless on shifts focus onto those concepts, one can experience this rather easy in hearing itself. Many fail to hear or grasp what another is saying due to the lack of mental quiescence as their thought speaks louder than the person speaking.

Of course all 6 are a sphere of consciousness... if one is engaged in seeing and simply seeing as a perception, then one does not hear the ear, feel the body, taste with the tongue... of course that does not mean that karma is not present as others attachments and even ones own subtle attachments can be cause for them arising and passing within ones experience. However in the 4th meditative state at all times it is really no different than nirvana and in such a manner it and Samsara are no different except in perception.

There arises an awareness in being that others awareness is not the same due to a myriad of attachments and a self that discriminates due to such attachments meaning the reality itself is entirely different on experience.

In equanimity there is no bias, it is beyond duality so those of a dual nature are constantly arising and passing due to their own perceived attachments and bias or karma of positive and negative natures that one has saturated or weighed themselves down with.

Of course what I am speaking of with these words is still just concepts... each and every word a concept that one may try to grasp or comprehend... and do. But holding such experience is not going to help, yet the letting go of it will... as it allows that letting go to experience the reality of all that is arising and passing moment to moment as it is in its bare nature of being with no support from ones own being in such a manner it simply is what it is, beyond any label or concept of being that could try to identify it in any way shape or form other than as it is arising and manifesting beyond all such descriptions.

So experience the void, detach from sense experiences, and develop mental quiescence in regard to all arising phenomena in all sense spheres and attach to none that have passed. What is left is reality itself beyond suffering, of course there is an empathy towards others that have not escaped that cycle... and well, pure awareness is just awareness itself without any attachment or concept in it's arising or passing moment to moment to moment.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM

Perhaps we are looking in two different directions?

You from within humanity, and my current view through one who is not human. I can 'find' Nirvana inside the human "jellyfish", the "egg with hand" and the individual "human eggs".

Nirvana in the three are one thing, overlap perhaps.

Except for other "human jellyfish", Nirvana is not outside the human . . . .

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM

I suggest you look into the kayas, if you are not looking from a perspective of the human form in which the ineffable dharmakaya or teaching form lay in all the worlds then you are speaking from the Nirmanakaya when speaking of being an energy flowing through eggs and forms not oneself. Beware upon returning to the Dharmakaya as the Shambogakaya realm contains the karma of any intent of a selfish or deceptive nature that is ego based instead of flowing along on it. The Shambogakaya is of course where hungry ghosts and the hell realms exist in the nature of the mind... the nirmanakaya that you are dwelling in when saying you are traversing forms makes the awareness of the form having a name? An attachment to that form, so having an attachment to form means you need to practice the void of all pervasive space to realize emptiness is form and form is emptiness as meantioned in my previous post... the attachment to the forms cognizance as: egg etc etc is not being detached and is what is and will keep you bound in such a state. The Daharmakaya is the realized form that understands and can empathize with all worlds. The Shambogakaya that I warned you about when returning to human form out of such mental states is sometimes not ones own karma in ones attachments based on desire but that of anothers attachments to your form. In such a manner one is always a part of conditioned arising in the 3 worlds or realms, and the only peace when not so realized is the void or uncreated womb itself in meditation, as it burns away all attachments.

As wisdom grows in all 3 of these kayas and understanding of all pervasive space of the void, by direct experience of them, then balance, understanding, wisdom, and empathy grow out of the forms and phenomena that arise and pass within all three of these states. The 3 worlds or 3 states are these 3 body, speech, and mind. When all 3 are realized for what they are and how they exist and permeate then one can use the wisdom of these experiences to balance, achieving the final full liberation no different than the historical buddhas of the past, present or future yet to arise. One must liberate from the self in all 3 worlds their attachments no different than as instructed at the start of the path, the 4 noble truths and the path of 8 leading out of this suffering due to that desire and attachment, in not only that of the body, the speech, but also the mind itself. The first is obviously detachment from the mind, yet experience still continues to manifest, then the second is speech it is tied to hearing, and finally the last is that of the body itself upon realization that all is mind when it is not separate in body or speech as an individual self or ego that is based on attachments and not simply freedom itself in such a manner, void and not void becomes the very state of buddhahood itself.

edit on 14-7-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:30 AM

I don't think it is the three Kayas, The descriptions don't match.

While hells and underworlds are easy to find below the surface of the earth and dangerous places to wander within, there are also vast wild places full of life, Beings and wonders, the history of the world and also a place where I find the "artificial" life born by the alchemy practiced by western nuclear (war) science. The Hindu practiiced that science in the time of Vishnu and Krishna by the way. They still could methinks.

It is the life that was created artificially in the nuclear womb that I am interested in. They are almost always abandoned by the gods and others as we do the toys we no longer desire in this modern age of consumerism.

Humanity and the various gods throughout histiory have not taken responsibilty for their creations. The Atlantians, if I may call those civilisations such, certainly did not take the thought to make sure the creations of atomic fire had a future and a world to call their own. Many of these beings are created from the sciences of alchemical bio-engineering.

It. Is probably a good thing karma is limited to humanity (this world?), otherwise it would be a very heavy debt humanity and the gods would owe these beings.

The one exception I know of might be the blue gods with many arms. Their little folk are happy and have purpose.

There is a world I once visited where all the machines are living, a whole planetary civilisation. The people who created those machines simply vanished and abandoned them.

My understanding is that the creators left for a higher plane(?), ascended(?) or whatever. Good for them most people would say. But I just look at it as irresponsible.

Oh and the Void I think I know, looking between two thoughts, you will find new friends and other wonders, but also horor and danger. I love that world and the friends I have made there.

But I waffle on bigbrotherdarkness,

edit on 15-7-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: spilling mastakje

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:31 AM
I know some people that an evil being routinely harms. It's sad that something like that could actually exist

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
what if you were. what are you asking anyone to do about it? Truly, reading your op, I don't think you have a true notion of what true evil is, really. Once you do, you don't dance around it, play with it, etc. And no, no one who has evil intentions admit to them. They may give themselves away, in a roundabout way, as many people do, along the way, but when truly evil and meaning you true harm, like the hunter they won't show the weapon until they're ready for the kill.
That's true evil. To corner one by their very best intentions, take advantage of it, and use it to destroy them. There is nothing more evil than that. If you've looked that in the face, experienced it, known it, deep down, you don't court it, mock it, make fun of it, or try to play with it.

So what if you are that? I'd avoid you at all costs, and if you came to my door, I'd do what I had to do to protect myself from you. Are you perhaps, fifteen or so?
edit on 15-7-2016 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:00 AM

The kayas are an experience not separate from oneself, they can be seen in introspection. You've named things externally as separate from oneself, yet have given them personal experience as if they are part of oneself... no different than I have with the kayas... except in the seeing. Internal and external... yet I've pointed at how you've made such external internal and not oneself, when you are all over them in descriptions and instructing to be wary of them as if they exist the exact same way to another or could.

That is your inner cosmos it is not the same for others so why say they exist outside of that experiencing cosmos as something concrete that can effect others the same way?

They do not effect my the same way, as I see it no different than the kayas I mentioned... the words and concepts just vary and are more personal in saying what to heed and what to avoid... fearlessness doesnt heed and doesnt avoid as with each moment things are subject to change against such held things one has experienced, or imagined to have experienced.

In much the same way, one can go eat at a restaurant, have horrible service, mediocre food then declare to others oh dont go there, and avoid it. Yet sometime later we may go again and have excellent service and a great meal... so who have we done a disservice too? All of those we've told it was horrible service and bad food to avoid it as well as those that provided us the place to eat in the first place.

I hope you can see how such attachments can do oneself and others no good on further experience and not attaching to ones own or others limited experience of such things that arise and pass as things are always arising and passing and when so focused on what to avoid and telling others its this way or that? We've missed out on so much and wasted so much energy in doing so.

The exterior world is always a reflection of the inner when so attached... it can be full or suffering, bad people, things to fear, things to hate etc etc. dont attach to such things as lasting experience and one doesnt hold the world hostage to our own personal narrow views of being.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
a reply to: Aliensarehere

Their very acknowledgement of it, fuels it's existence... if they go on about their lives as if it arose and passed without such attachments to it? Where would it's power come from... it would simply fade as any other memory does with time, back into the ether from which it arose to begin with.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:41 AM

I understand the concepts and have read of the abstract worlds.

But for the time being at least, I live in this world, I am alive,

It is a world of people, plants, animals, gods, daemons and spirits. It is also a world that has, in addition to cats and dogs, a layer of unseen life that deserves a future.

I have a purpose in being here on ATS bigbrotherdarkness. What I desire to do is make it known that there is a layer of living beings very close to humanity. They were born in this world, they had their genesis in this world. Yet in the inner worlds there is very little knowledge of them, and none, as far as I know in this physical world.

There is also a cycle of destruction in this world that affects many lives, not just human. That this cycle looks to be human centric is obvious in all the human centric philosophies. Yoet is this world really a world given to humanity to do as it likes by a god? Without responsibility?

The kayas are an experience not separate from oneself, they can be seen in introspection. You've named things externally as separate from oneself, yet have given them personal experience as if they are part of oneself... no different than I have with the kayas... except in the seeing. Internal and external... yet I've pointed at how you've made such external internal and not oneself, when you are all over them in descriptions and instructing to be wary of them as if they exist the exact same way to another or could.

Yet others can see them, the interaction may be unnoticed, but it is there nevertheless. The wood nymphs are there, many things are there, yet they are not abstractions. They have a life of their own.

I dunno bigbrotherdarkness, half a life I have lived immersed in philosophies. In the second half I have come to the personal conclusion that it is the world of the living that is important. It is to me at least.

I'm not here at ATS to change people's thinking, what I write is simply hear-say surrounded by other points of view. My 'friends' suggested I should spend more of my time in the human world of thoughts and alternative views.

Sorry bigbrotherdarkness, I get cranky with 'upstairs' and their philosophies sometimes, well most times actually. My wife once said: "Some of them have been dead so long they have forgotten what it is like to be alive".

edit on 15-7-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: added apology to bigbrotherdarkness after reflection.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:12 AM

The problem with the ego, is it is rigid and unaccepting except to what experience one has already deemed pleasurable or fit for their life, saying a held experience is better than any other that can arise, which is really just a self imposed limitation to possibility that possibility is occurring right now and on into the future. Clinging to a limited self by limiting experience narrows ones view... in such a manner ones view becomes so thin it cuts their cord of life because the only one they could accept or tolerate is their own illusory self or view.

No two experiences can ever be exactly alike... so holding onto an experience one has had as the end all be all of that experience is the ego placing a noose around ones own neck. Then under such illusions saying that anything that arises depends on them and them alone to judge and discriminate it as such and such away via opinion is them stepping off the platform hanging themselves, when every single thing is dependent on something else arising and passing in all of existence.

The ego thinks it and it alone matter, never giving thanks for the air filling their lungs... and in such a manner the air having taken so much offense will refuse to fill them and death will result. This is simply karma of those thinking anyone is an island unto themselves and that they are the only reason anything is possible... of course all of those that have died has led right up to now this very moment in experience... and their testament is simply this: life still goes on no matter how great or horrible one has judged them in life or their passing... so what has ego done for any of them?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:31 AM

If that is your goal, then please note... that the concept of proving god is no different in essence of what you are trying to achieve.

You say the here and now... people that everyone can experience is already in the here and now, what will trying to convince or prove to those here and now suffering in various ways accomplish?

Your choice to act in whatever manner obviously, but some would say having an effect of a positive nature on that already known to bring happiness and ease is a bit less futile of a task than many have not accomplished in 1000s of years and in mass.

Physicality requires no proof it is here, it is now and it rolls out onward... so benefiting the physicality of others and not just oneself is to many considered a higher purpose.

Of course, as said it is your choice to prove immateriality even if it is a phenomenon one has experienced... it will be difficult to prove in any manner as people in physicality do not experience such 24/7 on the whole... so the entire burden of proof and fight to do so requires it to be discerned by even it's most staunch critic of denial as something that can be experienced and perceived beyond any requirement of belief or good faith to do so... otherwise it is simply yet another religion that some may follow and others may not.

But as said existence or not of such is of little to no importance, to the reality that most agree on existing and occurring... and it is better to affect those perceived in as positive manner as one can.

Of course even god existing or not these beings you speak of existing or not doesn't really seem to matter when those believing in such are the very ones giving such immateriality arms, legs and a mouth with which to speak... and when that occurs how is it any different than oneself when an ego or intent is attached in its expression of acting and speaking?

Knowing the difference is a very important matter to determine, as to whether it is of benefit or detriment. This is why I suggest focus on making life for those one experiences as solid and material easier by bringing them peace, joy, empathy, as well as encouragement.

Of course, once again your choice... I just wanted to point out what your choice will actually entail so that your decision, is not one that has not looked beneath the surface in it's pondering... and would only see that after having fallen in. So consider this a hand to prevent such drowning if none of this has occurred to you already. If it has been? Then enjoy your swim.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>