It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"what if I were 'evil'?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Now before we get to the question, there are some things that need to be clarified. There is "evil" in terms of the church and theology, and "evil" in terms of society, like 90%, not l I'll king you very much. I am referring to mainly the latter. Carry on.

So what if I were evil? What if, there was someone or thing that existed just to rain h on certain folks. My question is this? Would you want to drink energy (I don't have time for the metaphysical interpretation of this) from me because it's there, and it's what u do? If something was "evil" would it admit it? Ok probably not. It wouldn't come on a message board and say hey, I want to abuse you. Assuming there's an inkling of perception, you folks already know this. So two questions, really three. Would you be shocked as h@$ to know this? Would you be offended? Do you think dragging evil out of closets can be justified if you: sat passively by thinking the evil person was a victim because they "said nurfins" maybe about want'n a like, beat you about a bit, n last, does b.s. ppl project make it troo??

Just to throw a kink in the mix..

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There exists in this world two scenarios. Good versus bad and good versus evil. The latter being this epic cosmic conception of people who adore absolutes.

Honestly...

You know the devil only when you become one.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Then it's a human.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Is it good or evil to post incomprehensible "stuff" ?
Define good and evil without using those words in a definition.
Always think yin/yang. Everything in balance and harmony.

(post by breakingbs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If you where objectively evil then you would be screwing up your fate. Don't do the crime if you cannot take the punishment. Sooner or later everyone meets the mirror. Only fools believe they can avoid it.
edit on 26-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

In theology its called the Original sin, in modern phrase its called instincts..
You can either choose the philosophical one from the church or the one that exist in our reality..One of them you must face alone the other by the help from God and Jesus..

Id rather pick the one in theology.. for the greater masses..

edit: Good and evil is a philosophical statement by the church.. Its just two extremes on morality in a culture..
edit on 2016626 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Do you mean punishment in the afterlife or punishment on earth? Because I don't disagree that that is theology and that you are theologically correct, but if you mean punishment on earth, than clarify. Because that actually gets into this theoretical post and is part of why I am volunteering all of this information. It speaks to the fact I don't care what people here on this site think. More an I don't give a dang kind of thing for the purpose of this site. Evil according to people on this site might be I dunno, not posting kitten pics. Not denying though that there are or aren't things that Christians wouldn't disagree with with me but that's a different issue. I'm willing to take the role of evil person on this site to see how people react. If their view us that they are "punishing" me than maybe they're the ones missing the point. The people on this site who get at me and stuffs aren't Christian, so it's not a diatribe against "religion."

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

exactly-

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

If you were evil then it follows that you are within a human intellectual construct.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Duplicate post removed by whatsthisthen

edit on 26-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: must have double tapped reply button

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No it proves that i didnt use the word bad, and that you think evil is a construct.
edit on 26-6-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No it proves that i didnt use the word bad, and that you think evil is a construct.

Hahahha!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Do you mean punishment in the afterlife or punishment on earth? Because I don't disagree that that is theology and that you are theologically correct, but if you mean punishment on earth, than clarify. Because that actually gets into this theoretical post and is part of why I am volunteering all of this information. It speaks to the fact I don't care what people here on this site think. More an I don't give a dang kind of thing for the purpose of this site. Evil according to people on this site might be I dunno, not posting kitten pics. Not denying though that there are or aren't things that Christians wouldn't disagree with with me but that's a different issue. I'm willing to take the role of evil person on this site to see how people react. If their view us that they are "punishing" me than maybe they're the ones missing the point. The people on this site who get at me and stuffs aren't Christian, so it's not a diatribe against "religion."

From my point of view:

It is both here and afterwards. If you get away without the backlash on earth then your will get it afterwards.

And I am not talking about judgement based on subjective good and evil. I might not myself understand objective good and evil and might be blind to some details. I do however think Abrahamic religions at times deviate from the golden rule and should not be followed in those cases.

Even if I might disagree with a person if they follow the golden rule then how can I not love the fruits that shines thru. And some people will perceive me as evil since they cannot handle my opinions.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Does evil exist outside a construct such as religious thought?

Perhaps, as is said of beauty, evil is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That would mean the possiblitiy of good also exists... if neither then one can become objective in observing the duality of either that people label and law things as good and evil... in moral or belief or in ethic in law... when morals and ethics cross lines the spearation of church and state cease to exist and a secular society becomes nearly impossible to achieve just a totalitarian one of desiring control based on concepts of good and evil as one or a group of those in agreement of the two see it morally despite any laws saying otherwise. Secular means acceptance and tolerance in the name of equality in ethics despite what one believes or practices... of course if that lines of law decided as ethical and moral get crossed such as murder, sexual assualt, or theivery or the big 3 and etc that follow... without express legal consent then as judged by consent in a court if there is a dispute of consent age appropriate of course... then good or evil falls out of personal hands or ideas of belief and into what the whole of society has deemed ethical and as time goes on these ethics and values in secular society change as per normal... if not then it is stagnation and many times holding into things that do no good for a secular society to maintain peace and order in tolerance and understanding.

Things change... intent is the varible we toss into action, and with some thinking before acting that varible can come back as hey that might not be a good idea called conscience as getting beaten, locked up, or killed is hardly worth such choices unless in the fight to maintain such freedoms from the encroachment of totalitarianism trying to force secular into obediance to a groups will against the idea of tolerance and understanding over coming ignorance as despite all the division of labels we are all people beyond any bias believed or otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join