It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Vote for, or against...I can't decide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
HIllary Clinton is a standard variety of the professional American politician.

She's moderate Right, authoritarian, indebted to Wall Street, Big Banks, and the Corporatocracy.

Donald Trump is an entertainer who has had success in business, mostly in creating the TRUMP brand and marketing it.

Who knows where he really is on the political spectrum as he's Right today, Left tomorrow, Crazy now, Sane later.

Clinton basically represents four/eight more years of Obama/Bush/Clinton/Bush.

Which, given that the alternative is an ego-driven national equivalent of a TV reality show ... I'll take stasis.

My $0.02.

edit on 26-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
a reply to: JinMI

You said- "A vote for a 3rd party candidate which would more align with my personal views and to split up a corrupt two-party system."

That would be a losing and wasted vote. "Aligning with my personal views" should matter. It does matter. But it wont keep one of the 2 front runners from getting in.

So, whereas its good to express yourself, and we all should...the reality is your one vote may have pushed the better candidate of the 2 over and into office.

That may be the deciding factor. Your single vote. Those who vote as you suggest, or write in someone not possible to win anyway... achieves little except to express your view.

Thats as bad as not voting. Do we remember Ron Paul? Lots and lots of support...but didnt make it anyway. There are reasons for that outcome.

Push comes to shove? We have to vote for one of the 2 butt-heads on top. Just hope they are the better of the 2.....Some choice, huh?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
I can empathasize with your dilemma. Honestly, I have been hearing others say I am wasting my vote too! I have come to the conclusion that voting for Gary Johnson would not be a complete waste, nor Jill Stein...if you swing more in that direction.

It would send a real message to both of the two current parties and if enough vote as me...the next election in 2020 will have an active 'funded' third party. That is a vote that can really create change in the status quo!

Voting for repub or dem while holding your nose...for no difference than last election I had done that while voting for Obama. It was not pleasant but I had hoped that this election would offer something better. Obviously, nothing really changed. Sigh. It is time to really do something different and that is to vote third party and really have a voice for change.

Edit add: mysterioustranger above said:

We have to vote for one of the 2 butt heads...

[Bolding added for emphasis]

I believe that is insanity! Yes, one of those butt heads will be elected this November, but my single third party vote may be more helpful for the future of our election selections and may be that ONE vote needed to ensure real change!
edit on 6 26 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 26 2016 by CynConcepts because: Spelling correction of poster name.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So you see the predicament as well!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
a reply to: Gryphon66

With a big possibility of a few new SCOTUS justices coming in IDK if "stasis" is the right word. Everything else you said is pretty much very correct.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:43 PM
a reply to: CynConcepts

Something has to give and by still following the right/left paradigm, it seems it will be the working class....again.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:07 PM
Having followed this presidential campaign with some interest here is what I take on it in a nutshell.

On the Republican side, you have Trump. A businessman, slightly successful, who inherited his money from his family, and got into developing land, and building all sorts of things. He really has never failed, never hit rock bottom, and has bullied his way in the board rooms, using political connections where he can to win court cases, even when he is in the wrong, going after the victims of his actions, without impunity. He has a very bad past for that, but it has made him all the more successful, building and using his fathers reputation to get where he is today. The man skirts the laws as much as he can, often going as close to breaking them and then backing down. It is his political connections that has benefited him the most in his career. Does the man lie, absolutely, does he cheat, every chance he gets, yet it has gotten him far in his life. During this campaign, he has managed to irritate and insult a good portion of the electorate with his words, showing how vulgar the man can be. To all appearances, he shows that he is a danger and ultimately, makes far too many people and countries real nervous, and at times shows a 2 faced nature, in his attempt to secure the electorate. Saying one thing, yet going against and saying something totally different.

On the Democratic side, there is Clinton. Here is a woman, who has been in the seat of power, for a long time, walking through the halls of power, and yes she does have some skeletons in the closet. Many in congress on the republican side, do not like her and are going after her in a political witch hunt, to try to damage her credibility to the point of character assassination. They look at her record, while ignoring those administration before she was in any position to do anything of real significance. Is there things in her past that should make us question, yes, but is it relevant to the future of the country, maybe, but the way things are going, highly unlikely.

And out of the blue comes a third party candidates that no one really knows, but ultimately it is an uphill battle, as the nominee for this party, the only one that is registered in all 50 states, to convince the majority of the population, in a majority of the states, that they are the better person to win the election, and to get the votes. And to try to gather voters from both the Republicans and the Democrats at the same time. Now getting them from the Republicans, that would be simple, as they can use Trump against himself, by being inclusive and not insulting or alienating voters across the country, by supporting key issues, and at the same time avoiding some hot button topics. But make no mistake, that this third part, is going to be either the off shoot or the successor to the republican party, as many of the prime republican backers and donors are looking to these candidates as being a viable alternative to Trump, and thus leaving only to having to deal with Clinton. And to do that that candidate will need to appeal heavily to the minority voters, addressing their concerns and trying to show that they have a better policy than Clinton does.

If anything, it is going to be a very interesting political campaign to watch and usually by August/September, most know who they are going to vote for, by October at the latest the polls is what will really show closer to the will of the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
a reply to: JinMI

Always vote for what you stand for and what you want. Otherwise what's the point??

top topics

<< 1   >>