It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for, or against...I can't decide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Really torn here.

A vote for a 3rd party candidate which would more align with my personal views and to split up a corrupt two-party system.

OR

A vote against a woman who is a lifelong and obviously corrupt lawyer and politician.

Hard choice to make and I feel I'm not the only one.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
...or the businessman who wants to fire some dead weight?

I would be afraid of a lost vote going toward the wicked witch of the west, withought a HUGE, united movement towards them.
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added 2

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's real easy for me. I'm voting to make sure nobody gets in the WH who was convicted for crimes against US citizens or anyone who is suspected of it and under a current criminal investigation. That means Bill and Hillary. My best option is Trump at this point.

edit on 26-6-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Exactly my point. A vote for my ideals is a vote for ....her. Doesn't fix the base problem nor does my vote actually count.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

That is surely the correct logical assessment. However, it surely in the grand scheme, doesn't fix the two party issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Trump is probably the closest thing the US will see to a Brexit vote. I bet they will have lots of polls telling you the people want Hilary, but we will see when the vote is counted.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Clinton will win she already has a double digit lead....
Wish it wasn't so but the Republicans have screwed their chance.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus TheKnightofDoom

Were still months away from the general election. I don't much care about the polls anyway at this point.

If we're to at least try to get rid of the two party system maybe this election cycle just isn't the time. Keeping HC out may be more important.

Or, getting the two party system is paramount even if we have to have HC in office for 4-8 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That is your decision to make. Not ours to persuade or dissuade. I know who I am voting for atm , but that could change as readily as it has in the last few months. You have to take a long look at all the information you know and make a choice off of that.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I agree. It will probably be a Nov 4 decision!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I dont think it makes much difference which candidate they vote for and either way they vote their stuffed. Moreover, I'm certain the powers that be arranged it that way.

As someone said, the purpose of the two party system is to box the people into making a choice such that whichever way they vote they loose.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Sure she's corrupt, but at least she won't make things worse. Americans are short sighted and seem to think the entire planet Earth revolves around themselves. The world is much more than just America.

Being able to get along with everyone on this rock is important, and if we're the laughing stock of the world and our leader doesn't lead but blows meaningless hot air like a reality TV personality...

It's a serious job, not a TV show. Not a wrestling match or a Sharper Image infomercial.

With congress and the SCOTUS, Hillary would be pretty limited in what she could do to "damage" your precious freedom (whatever that means to you).

At least she won't alienate and piss off the rest of the world, leaving us in a weakened position.

Trump talks a lot, puffs his chest and talks a big game. It takes more than "words" (remember, he has the best words, he said so) to lead a diverse, multi-cultural nation.

However, I have not decided if Hillary will get my vote. I do know this, however:

America is not a joke.

Trump is.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And in any case, we the people don't elect anything with our votes.

The electoral collage votes and picks our president. We simply make a 'suggestion' with our ballots.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

It's real easy for me. I'm voting to make sure nobody gets in the WH who was convicted for crimes against US citizens or anyone who is suspected of it and under a current criminal investigation. That means Bill and Hillary. My best option is Trump at this point.

Trump will be on trial for fraud. It's a civil case, but it's several pending by the State of NY. There is no certainty Clinton will ever be on trial, but it is certain that trump will be.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Trump the man or Trump the corporation?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And in any case, we the people don't elect anything with our votes.

The electoral collage votes and picks our president. We simply make a 'suggestion' with our ballots.

I don't think we should lead with this thinking until we have verifiable proof. After all, that would be legitimate reason for a nationwide protest and civil uprising.

ETA: I don't think you're entirely wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Nah. You do remember Florida and the hanging chads, right?

Besides, Americans are to lazy for mass civil uprising. We don't want to miss America's Got Talent!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Prophecy

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-6-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Ronald Reagan said it...the only thing that's going to save us all is an existential threat to everyone, of all nations.

An alien invasion from space can't come soon enough so we can get our collective butts together as a species.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Ronald Reagan said it...the only thing that's going to save us all is an existential threat to everyone, of all nations.

We already have that threat, it's just that most people don't recognize it. We saw it in 2008, and again in 2016, and many examples before.

The threat is an economy based on central banks that create fiat currency based on debt. Trillions of dollars vanish into nothing in 2001, trillions of dollars vanish into nothing in 2008, trillions of dollars vanish into nothing in 2016. Nothing that is real can vanish into nothing. How does this happen? Why? We are given reasons like terrorism, speculative investments, and xenophobia, but those explanations don't hold water.

In all early religions, usury was a sin. It was considered as detrimental to human spiritual development as murder. The only time Jesus became violent was against the money changers. As time went on, usury became less and less of a "sin", usually at the behest of governments and bankers.

It doesn't matter if Americans elect Trump, Clinton, or someone else. Like nearly every other country in the world, we will still be under the thumb of the central banks. That won't change until a majority of humans worldwide get together and say, "I don't want your paper, I don't want your plastic, I don't want your chips. You want my labor or my goods, you give me something real for it. And I am only responsible for the debts I personally incur."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join