It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Down the Origins & Creationism Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Close them all down. Nobody should discuss anything at all.

That is a FORUM where anyone and everyone can and should be able to have their say. Even the religious. 😃

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
No just close the jokes forum, its always the same tired funny stuff and it makes me laugh too much....it should be canned for something more stressful ....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Going by how entertaining half this thread was, it sounds like we've all been missing out in the origins forum.

Couldn't it just be merged with the "Conspiracies in Religion" into a new "Religious Controversies" forum, or something like that?
edit on 26-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
How will I know dinosaurs are a hoax now?

This is why this Forum should allow posts to be starred. More on topic: I would rather have a dedicated forum for this nonsense than have the cranks posting in the more "legitimate" science or history forums.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I would rather have a dedicated forum for this nonsense than have the cranks posting in the more "legitimate" science or history forums.

I agree

Why fix it if it ain't broke.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . that's what I suspected on reading the OP.

Kind of axiomatic, it seems. Sigh.

Yep
as we often see in religion related forums, one camp have experiences to share, and another want to halt it for their own ends because they are angry at their lot in life and rather than take responsibility and make things better, just condemn the believers with ridicule, and all the rest, plus blame everything else. I have even been there myself.

This OP's thread is a good example.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You could say the same about the 9-11 and 2012 forums. And the Paul McCartney is dead and the Earth is really flat....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well put.

YUP!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So? I don't participate in discussions there either, but you'll note the lack of activity on the 2012 forum ... even the 9/11 Truther forum, and yet both are still there.

I am guessing most of the same arguments you have for not allowing the Evolution/Creation forum to exist would also apply to the 2012 forum. So if you want the one gone, then you should probably get the other shut down too.

Just a thought.

edit on 26-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You could say the same about the 9-11 and 2012 forums. And the Paul McCartney is dead and the Earth is really flat....

Oops! You beat me to it.

Proof I should read a thread fully before commenting, but I suppose in this case, it's not a problem to know more than one person holds an opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hi Ketsuko. How are ya!? We're good. It's all good! At least we each know who's got the foil hats on at the same time!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I might add to all that as long as it stimulates open discussion, and/or presents new facts and opinions...then that forum and others should stay in place.

MS
edit on 26-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: correction

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I say it should be turned into the religious mud-pit.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of you, Reldra, and the rest of the wannabe tyrants?

Also if bandwith was an issue, the most recent changes to the site wouldn't have included massively bigger avatars.

edit on 26-6-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You could say the same about the 9-11 and 2012 forums.

You could indeed. Thank you for pointing it out. Yes, by all means close them too.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Proof I should read a thread fully before commenting

Indeed. Yet you seem quite keen to preserve these forums when you don’t even read the threads you participate in.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of you, Reldra, and the rest of the wannabe tyrants?

I hope this makes you feel a little better as you struggle through yet another day of your life.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Not sure what to say but you seem to having a "trigglypuff" moment there...

not to worry it'll pass.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

So instead of just burning books...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

take it off your feed and move on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join