It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sleep paralysis...personal experience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
a reply to: summerdaze

It would take more than that to freak me out (not much

The story about the flames is very interesting and more than a little freaky. wow
I love the native Indians stuff, they knew a lot more than us Europeans or at least i think so.
I would love to spend time with a tribe but i am to old and not fit enough for that now but they do amaze me.

Ok, i seriously hope i dont offend you here but through personal experience, your grandmother might have had a bit of Narcissism in her, do you know anything about it? It runs in my family as well and i have taken the worst that some of my family have thrown at me, some of it has been brutal at times and funnily enough i am the only one who is spiritual, i have always been the black sheep.

Really cool story about the flames Summer, isnt the spiritual world an amazing place.
My first real encounter was when my grandmother came to visit me one morning as i laid in bed, the short version of it is this, she woke me from a deep sleep and i could literally feel her sit on the other side of the bed and then shimmy across until i could feel her pressed against my back. Unfortunately my mind could not cope with what was going on and i screamed as i jumped out of bed and she left at that point but i am very glad i had the experience, she still visits me but in a more normal way She is a cool lady

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
a reply to: Redback

Me too. I just love Native stuff. It's so fascinating!

No offense taken! I'm pretty sure she was that way. My best friend's mother has being doing the same thing to her recently and she and her father are a wreck over it.

Same with me. My family has always been good at following their gut, but I seem to be the only one who can actually experience the unnatural. My grandma hated me for it and my mother is intrigued by it.

That's wonderful! It can be scary at first, but once you adapt it's a lot of fun knowing you aren't alone and can causally be around it without running away.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:20 PM
I had the scariest event happen the 4th,I have a hernia that I'm awaiting surgery on and when then pain gets too great at home,I lie down for a bit,I covered a graveyard shift on the 4th while closing gate I pulled too hard,so I got the great idea to lay down for a few,I use my jacket for a pillow start watching the TV,all of a sudden I was held down I couldn't even make a sound,.next thing I start seeing in my mind like a split screen of this thing slamming me all over the floor,not sure how long all this lasted,when it let me up I was in shock,ran to CCTV's and saw string of lights floating over couch,and another entitie next to the door,I spent the rest of the shift in my truck,but last night I went back with the intention starts up again I'm out of there,last night not a peek,wonder whats in store for tonight,it has never done anything before but just unlock doors,bug dog,flash lights

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
The first time I had sleep paralysis was the night I used an Ouija board.

Didn't take a genius to figure out why. I was being taken over in my sleep by whatever came out of that board.

Fast forward years upon years later, and I have some pretty good guards set up. I never could move my body, but I would breathe really hard and fast deliberately -- I would panic anyway -- and my hubby would hear my breathing and wake me up.

This was my code for him. My breathing.

I eventually went to see an alternative healer about it and oh boy! I came out as weak as a kitten, because that presence just did not want to leave. He eventually got it to go, and I probably only experience sleep paralysis maybe once a year, twice at the very most and it's very light and easy to break out of.

Before I went to an alternative healer, I could actually feel this entity trying to get into my aura. I would wake up in bed, push out spiritually, seeing my aura everywhere, and threaten that I would get rid of it if it didn't leave me alone.

If I was too tired to wake up, it was so scary. I heard pins and needles in my head, which I took to be the sound of my body being numb. It's absolutely pointless trying to move. All my attention and focus would be on making my breathing really loud and fast to wake my hubby and on connecting my brain's link to my muscles. I would focus on that and not on the terror. It was like a battle of wills.

I can actually feel myself going into sleep paralysis on the very rare occasion it happens now. I wake myself up before I get to that point, most times. I always sleep with a dream catcher. I don't go back to sleep straight away as I've found I just fall back into the paralysis.

But a naturopath/kinesiologist who deals with spiritual stuff got rid of it 99.9% of it for me. Hardly ever experience it now, thank goodness!

new topics

top topics
<< 1  2  3   >>