It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailey O'Brien Healed Stage 4 Melanoma In 6 Weeks After Chemo Failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
AHSN Alternative Health Science News

By Moses Marasco
12 May 2016

alternativehealthscience.com...

. . .
“I came back to Boston ready to go to Hawaii with my teammates for a training trip,” she says. “I had developed a bump under my chin that I was concerned about. When my doctor biopsied it, I discovered that I had seven tumors in total.”
In January 2011, O’Brien was diagnosed with stage IV melanoma—“end-stage” as she describes it—with very little hope for survival.
. . .
Desperate for answers, O'Brien's mother and a family friend discovered CHIPSA: An alternative cancer therapy center in Tijuana, Mexico. CHIPSA has established a 60 percent five-year success rate with melanoma patients. With financial help from her family and friends, O’Brien flew to Mexico and entered the three-week program. In addition to a regimen of natural and alternative vaccines, O’Brien started a modified form of the Gerson diet, which requires completely organic and unprocessed foods, fruits and vegetables, no added sodium, no red meat, and no refined sugars or grains.
By February, O’Brien thought the tumor in her chin appeared to be shrinking. She returned to the United States in March 2011 and continued with her treatment at home for the next month. “I knew that it was a possibility that while the tumor under my chin had gone away, the others could be the same size or even growing,” she says. In late March, two days before her 21st birthday, O’Brien went to her doctor for another PET scan. All of the tumors had disappeared.
. . .

There's a video at the link.
I used to be rather . . . dismissive of such clinics . . . even derisive.
However, I've come across folks who have had their lives saved through such clinics . . . so I'm more open minded about the better ones, now.
This case seems rather straightforward and clear, to me.
This athlete diver had an incredible roller coaster ride downward to stage 4 with no conventional hope to speak of. I'm glad she sought out the alternative and made it to health.
I'm not sure that all her treatments were necessary. However, she's alive--so--wonderful. Whatever works.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Maybe big Pharma doesn't have the grip in Mexico as it does in the US. Regardles...good story. Thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Good story.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Amazing if true.
I just feel very questionable about all the new agey healing stuff.
I would absolutely love if it worked, but I dunno.

Anyways, f**k cancer, may it die a million deaths for each person it has taken. May it burn from acid. May it sniff pepper for an hour straight. May it have ghost pepper juice squeezed in its eyes...

Anyways, hope the story is legit

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Maybe big Pharma doesn't have the grip in Mexico as it does in the US. Regardles...good story. Thanks

And yea for that!

Thanks for your kind comments.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider

The Gertsen diet is pretty successful on it's own for many people.

It sounded like she got every sort of remotely valid alternative treatment thrown at her all at once.

Whatever, she's alive whereas she would not have been otherwise. That sounds rather valid, to me.

There are a lot of such personal narratives. Folks throw rocks at them from their biases. If it has happened to you or someone you love, you may get a different perspective and attitude.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Maybe the Chemo was just slow acting?

I hear a lot of these stories where the patient has had conventional medicine first.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

There's also Spontaneous Remission, very rare but it does happen. There's just no proof that any of these alternatives work... they are things that shouldn't be tried unless your medical oncologist tells you there's nothing more they can do OR that you can try in conjunction with protocol therapies.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Personally, I think that cancer is complex enough and individually unique factors are complex enough

such a blanket statement and arbitrary stance

could greatly increase the death risk unnecessarily.

I know of too many people who had no hope without alternative treatments. And some of them did not go the chemeo route at all.

top topics

join