It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I thought all guns were designed to kill.

No. They are just tools. You can use them to open a can. Ring a doorbell and if you believe stupid conservative memes a bike brake.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ring a doorbell

Once.
Briefly.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You can't fix crazy.

Yeah, but you can mitigate its impact by not supplying military tools to get it done.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

You can't fix crazy.

Yeah, but you can mitigate its impact by not supplying military tools to get it done.

Why should my rights be hampered by crazy?
Klebold and Harris - Crazy (and everyone knew it)
Lanza - Crazy (and everyone knew it)
Holmes - Crazy (and a lot of people knew it)
Mateen - Crazy (and his ex-wife (for one) knew it ... the FBI for another)

Now ... don't go makin' me crazy. Ya hear? LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Because you, least of all, require the power of military combat tools as a civilian. And if called to do so, you know how to operate them.

Do the right thing.

It's just stupid.

And dueling.

edit on 25-6-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

You can't fix crazy.

You would have needed an AR to take them down?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

edit on 25-6-2016 by sprtpilot because: bad quote

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: neo96

Parts that say the federal government has the ultimate authority (over states) in law making.

Hogwash!

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The Constitution provides certain powers to the federal government and all others are reserved to the states. You need to brush up and quit trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.
edit on 25-6-2016 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I just wish, for once, these sad anti-gun liberals could answer to the statistics that shut down their entire argument

But that would go against the liberal's golden rule of ignoring facts

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
May I refer you to Article VI.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any state to the Contrary notwithstanding.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Every state has its own constitution and state compliance to that is why a lot of people yell states rights. Well when a states constitution or laws, statutes or whatever start discriminating then they get a swat from the US constitutional court but it typically has to fail the state supreme court for the federal to say hey not supposed to discriminate by law etc. so when the Feds make it a matter the state in which it occurred is violating human rights not in accordance with the US constitution but using the language or corruption to change it to their own.

If we only had one constitution then one drivers license good everywhere no strange laws to get used too and tax rates basically the same no matter where one lived. Having lived in a few states, some are way more discriminatory than others... I've met people in their 80s that have never even crossed state lines... as hard as that may be too imagine, so many of these sorts of problems make no sense to some with zero experience outside of media... going oh no the worlds too much for me away from what I know.

So of course the same people flip out over anything different thinking immigrants are going to be hiding in their bushes and ready to spring out on em and hand them a Watch Tower in the shape of an AK47 and they may or may not be the same gender when at their local fast food restaurant bathroom in the morning saying how bad the world has gotten in affirmations to vote no just no on everything and anyone they don’t really know, like, nor want too, and TV only needs two channels; Evangelists and home shopping networks. That's the silent generation BTW.

I know that sounds stereo typical but there’s some truth to all stereotypes or they wouldn’t exist...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

No true American is anti-gun, but any reasonable American must be against military weapons being available to civilians.

Military weapons and ammunition should be segregated from civilian life.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: VivreLibre

No true American is anti-gun, but any reasonable American must be against military weapons being available to civilians.

Military weapons and ammunition should be segregated from civilian life.

The most reasonable post I have read on this issue to date.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Oh I wasn't aware that normal civilians can just go out and buy military grade hardware

Do you have a link to where I can go and buy those?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Ohhh please define "True American"... inquiring minds want to know.
edit on 25-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm out of here.
edit on 25-6-2016 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I don't care to get into Constitutional debate with you.
You mean you want to cherry pick what it says? People tend to do that a lot.

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If you don't live in DC that's not the constitution you live under... there's 50 constitutions for each of the 50 states and what 3 more constitutions for every territory Guam, Puerto Rico and The US Virgin Islands... all different. Not just one Constitution. States rights is basically saying F the US Constitution when using theirs to discriminate or flout the Federal Constitution that United all of the states.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The AR 15 models are designed to be light weight arms for a general warfighter that works in all places. The AR 15 was made to be able to deliver fast and accurate fire down range with minimal weight or skill to use compared to the m 14.

All weapons are designed to kill, no weapon of war is made to poke someone in the eye without pushing their brains outta the same hole.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Snarl

You can't fix crazy.

You would have needed an AR to take them down?

Holmes was too well prepared. He could've almost been a repeat of the North Hollywood Shootout.

The other guys, yeah ... pretty much. I wouldn't volunteer my services for a breach attempt. The going rate for that is $30K/mo ... 18 mo min ... me +5 pax (same rates) full duration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join