It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The bullet is more apt to wound but lets get something straight when it comes down to it all guns are made to kill. Thats fine. But making them illegal is the wrong option. Americans 2nd amendment rights are there for a reason to repel foreign powers from taking over our country and to protect us from our own government.

1. Hitler banned all weapons. Assault Weapons any weapon. And made a law called the articles of exclusion which is very similar to the patriot act and the NDAA act. Taking away peoples rights for their own good and safety.
2. He blamed the jews and began exterminating them. Sent them to "Work Camps"
3. He executed all of the mental heath patients and special needs people. Because he viewed them as useless and a drain on society.
4. Then he went after gypsies, blacks, and any other minorities which were inferior to his prescribed perfection.
5. He dressed his elite in black uniforms with skulls and crossbones on them.
6. They practiced occult magic. They turned an ancient religious symbols into one of the most hated symbols in history. The swastika.
7. They burned people in ovens by the hundred thousands. And did inhuman experiments on them while they were alive to see how much pain and damage the human body could take. They made people dig their own mass graves and shot them men women and children covered them in lime and buried or burned their bodies when ovens or gas chambers werent available.
8. The guy below is Himmler. He was Hitlers right hand man. He had a museum of funiture made from human bones in his attic his kids used to play house in. They never realized until later that the furniture was made of human bones.
9. Japan refused to attack the United States by land because of the amount of guns the civillian populace had. It was a no win scenario.
If your too naive to believe people like this cant get control of a government and destroy everything we hold dear you are sadly mistaken. History repeats itself time and time again.
Look at Yugoslavia in the 1990's. Look at Rwanda. Look at most of the places on earth right now. Europe is about to explode in civil unrest. The EU is collapsing.
That is why we have the 2nd Amendment. If you dont like it, move to Canada or Europe. I hear property in Venezuela is really cheap.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

The gun may well fire "rounds" which are designed to maim or injure but guns are designed to kill !

there are no two ways about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

American soldiers didn't have AR15's during Vietnam and they don't have them now. Most of the KIA were due to multiple round impacts from M16's or head shots. This is why the WIA is always 10x the KIA or more.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182

American soldiers didn't have AR15's during Vietnam and they don't have them now. Most of the KIA were due to multiple round impacts from M16's or head shots. This is why the WIA is always 10x the KIA or more.

My first tour in Vietnam was as an infantry officer. What you are saying is valid. I carried a M-16A2 of which I fired maybe a dozen times in the year that I was there. This weapon is and was a military firearm unlike the AR-15. They look similar but are two separate weapons. The AR-15 is Not an assault rifle regardless of what the media tells you. They have an agenda to separate you from your rights. They are playing on the ignorance of the public. They blur the term assault rifle to make the issue less clear for the uneducated. The only similarity between the AR-15 and the M-16 is the size of bullet they fire. They both are black and they both operate by a gas blow back system. The AR-15 can't fire as fast as reported by Rep. Grayson (D Fl). He reported that it fires 700 rounds per minute...bull sh!t. The M-16 on full auto can't shoot that fast unless it was belt feed...it is not! Even our machine guns can't fire at the cyclic rate due to ammo limitation. The M-60, M-249 and M-240 all fire at about 750 RPM. However, the ammo belts used are usually 250 rounds in length and would require 3 reloads to shoot 750 rounds. It is physically unlikely!

Do you blame the spoon for gaining a few pounds or the ground for an airplane crash...it's the same mentality. It is the gun that causes the Islamic terrorist to shoot gays. People are buying guns because the government refuses to protect its' people. The government refuses to identify our enemies and until it does the need to protect yourself will prevail.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Snarl

Practice for what? Obliterating humans? Again, it's not a hunting rifle. A bolt action is practiced on for hunting. An AR-15 is practiced on for mass slaughter.

Why? Because you say so? I think you're ignorant ... or an idiot.

Of course I own mine to absolutely, completely, totally and entirely slaughter human scum. That, and I shoot three-gun with it. Is either of those against the law?

I don't do what people consider as 'hunting' very often. I typically carry a 30.06 for that purpose when my intent is to bring down a game animal and for most varminting at medium to long range. I buy my food at the grocery store. It's a lot more convenient. I have hunted ... and I have hunted extensively. I really Do Know what I'm talking about.

I have an AR platform for hunting too. It fires a .308. I can kill lots of pigs very quickly when the opportunity presents itself. It's also a very nice weapon. Not quite as reliable as my AR-15. And, not what I would choose for the purpose of eliminating household pests.

A small handgun is far superior in home defense. It's close quarters. A valid argument would certainly help your case. Nothing you just said is rational. I guess if you were defending your home against a small army...

Again, you're either ignant ... or a total idiot. I own certain firearms to kill people who have entered my home with criminal intent. I own a .338 Lapua magnum should the need to defend my home ever arise. There is zero consideration, on my part, of 'defending' my home from within the confines of its walls. That'd be stoopit to try. Do you even begin to see the difference in what we're talking about?

The only reason to forego a rifle in favor of a sidearm ... is when you need to carry concealed. You carry concealed to make a threat stop threatening you ... and to help you get to your rifle. And, small is relative. The 'smallest' weapon I carry concealed is still a .357 magnum. I doubt I could stop more than two or three people with it.

Now when the BLMers come marching down my street tearing sh!t up, if I elect to scatter 'em ... you can believe it won't be with a handgun.

You did reply to me simply for the sake of argument, right?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Wounding an enemy soldier takes more soldiers off the battlefield than killing enemy soldiers.

That's true, it's the medical attention and related manpower / cost that is most effective in inflicting damage to the enemy's resources.

I used to put .223 rounds through 1/2 inch of 4140 steel with my Valmet M76. That round can kill the sh!t out of someone, pronto.

Ohh let me step in here , being a former Marine ..

its a Perfect Setup .. its Called Bating !!

Snipers use this Method all the Time!! in just about every Country

Especially is the Enemy Medic , Comes to the Rescue !!

and for the AR15 wasn't intended to be a Annihilate the Enemy .

your Semi Right , well if you not Aiming for Crucial l Vital Organs.

Kill The Medic or Radio Operator/and his Equipment
and the Rest of the Grouped Team/Unit/Squad is Pretty Much Screwed
edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago6178 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You're right, they are designed to hug!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I've seen history enough to know what repetitions work and what repetitions don't... spouting such in fear is just bad repetition.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

We are a coporate entity in and of ourselves... or has anyone forgotten the freemans creedos? That means we can become a corporate brand or small business to grow and function or work for one, many choose to just work for one, making America run on corporations and creativity itself... the same as the rest of the entire world yet some of these in power over their workers keep the land and borders and money locked save themselves and the people suffer greatly...

Hiding in some hole with yer poop stack is simply being a paranoid ground hog waiting to see his shadow...

The only reason the world is unstable is because of those tyrants not allowing each person to incorporate themselves as an individual, to be free and equal under the eyes of the law... in life liberty and the pursuit of happiness... the only reason the world is as it is, is all over those disgruntled feeling like slaves in a free country, or those that treat those in their countries like slaves in which we are trying to free from having their growth stunted in oppression... here? We only oppress ourselves... and are so fat and bloated from the hog of our own view we wish to oppress others in secular society in our own bias and bigotry.

Who's side you playing for?

Hint: The sun is always shining over these amber waves of grain... and others aren't so lucky.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrepid

We don't need help ,we win.

You must be so proud. You get to keep your toys and innocent people cam keep being mowed down by crazies. Win Win

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
For those willing to casually dismiss the God given rights of all Americans from the "safety" of their mother's basement, ponder this:

The fact that you think owing guns is a god give right is terrifying.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182

Oh?

The M16 rifle, officially designated Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16, is a United States military adaptation of the ArmaLite AR-15 rifle.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Errr, the American Army didn't use AR15s during Vietnam... Not to mention that of course you don't mention the Chinese/Vietcong massive roundup and murder of Vietnamese people even before the U.S. ever got there... Naaa, instead point to an Army, in this case the U.S. using a different weapon during the Vietnam war...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

We better start banning kitchen knives... after all, the original intended purpose was that they were made to kill.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

We better start banning kitchen knives... after all, the original intended purpose was that they were made to kill.

No. Kitchen knives are designed for preparing meat and vegetables for consumption. Which was one of the original purpose of knives. You know, skinning and gutting animals after you killed it with a big rock, or spear, or gun. Along with cutting things that needed to be shorter.

Which isn't to say knives can't be used for killing. But then, so can a 3 foot piece of 2" pipe.

Semi automatic rifle? Pretty much one purpose. Other than fun. But then a pellet gun supplies fun. Paintball, now that's fun. You can even shoot people with it. In fact, that's what its purpose is. Shooting people without killing them. You can get an automatic paintball gun. Big fun!

edit on 6/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

Neither were cheeseburgers.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

How about a 1967 Olds 442?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Akragon

haha... pretty sure they wern't..

thats like saying electricity was actually designed to kill... Well we had a chair for it...

Must be the purpose...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
I get tired of hearing the news media talking heads saying that AR-15's are designed to kill. AR-15's and the like AND military rounds in general are designed to wound NOT kill. Wounding an enemy soldier takes more soldiers off the battlefield than killing enemy soldiers. These kinds of weapons are designed to wound. I don't understand why no one calls them on this more often.

You are exactly correct. Part of the original requirement of the military for the AR15/M16 was to penetrate light armor and take the soldier out of the fight. It was specifically preferred if the soldier was wounded as apposed to killed outright. It's been a long time since I read these books, but I have an entire series the first of which is called "The Black Rifle, which covers the entire history of the AR15 and this aspect was thoroughly discussed. I'd have to pull them out and reread them but I recall some elements were rejected because they caused wounds too great for the purposes of the military. If memory serves, one of the changes was to increase the twist rate of the rifling of the barrel to minimize the tumbling of the heavier M855 62 grain bullet in flight and thus in the body of the stricken soldier causing massive damage. Without this tumbling the bullet will likely pass straight through and cause a survivable injury and taking at least one or two other soldiers out of the fight to tend to the wounded man.

This is definitely a notable part of the history of the AR15/M16.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

You might want to take your foot out of your mouth and go back and research the Orlando shooting. There was NO AR15 used in that event.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join