It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

An assault rife that's not designed to kill???

That don't make much sense, seems to be killing people just fine for such a poor design. How do you explain that???

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well OPie, I think you done went and got all too simplistic about yer view on this.....

No gun is created to kill as guns are created to project an object outward through the barrel or cylinder ahead of expanding gasses.

There is more to it though.....But the real deal is that the thing was not created to kill, it was created to put food on the table of the guys who produced it.

Besides, guns are not the issue.

The issue is people with less than 2 firing brain cells not realizing that it is better to cooperate and put real effort into trying to live in harmony with one another instead of killing each other and taking what we want from each other.

I know, not so pertinent or "On Topic"....

Nothing really ever is.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

...29 warning shots...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's more about end user than intended purpose.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Phage

So WHAT part of this did you miss?

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property,

Guns are being used to deprive persons of life, liberty and property every day.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Wow...just wow.

A gun is a gun, and guns kill. Forget the rhetoric, this is a weapon that has no place in any civilians home IMO. A personal pistol or rifle for protection or hunting? sure. but a weapon like this? There is no need for the public to own military grade weapons, yes there is a inherent need to protect ones family but assault rifles? Do some of these "enthusiasts" expect the Spetsnaz to burst through their door? or maybe it could be a dozen North Korean sleeper agents!

Weapons like these belong on the battlefield, not in the home.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

Then what in the blue bloody hell are they designed for making tea and crumpets.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

An assault rife that's not designed to kill???

That don't make much sense, seems to be killing people just fine for such a poor design. How do you explain that???

Looks like someone never got the ATS memo...

How many times do you need to be told..It's not an assault Weapon...Its' a single shot at a time pew pew machine.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

If they did we in the UK would have a gun culture.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Upon reflection the OP is probably correct. The AR-15 is NOT designed to kill people, it's basically designed for people who have never operated in a war zone as a operator but quite fancy the idea of at least looking like a Operator in a war zone...

In other words. It's designed for Fannies

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have literally never heard anyone say the AR-15 was designed to kill

the point is usually its a military class weapon that doesn't belong in the hands of people that were investigated for ties to terror organizations

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love guns. Support the responsible ownership of them too. But, cmon! Firearms are definitely designed to kill, don't be silly.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ultimafule

Violation of someone else's rights is no excuse for violating the rights of over 100 million people.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
The AR-15 sucks, and I tell you this as a military man that has qualified "expert" on it... it jams often, the action is sloppy as hell and it just isn't all that accurate (unless you have a match grade weapon). A Soviet built SKS (milled parts, not stamped like the Norincos) is far more accurate, far deadlier, and much cheaper.

Try keeping it clean and handling it properly. That typically helps with "jams." Or malfunctions, as they're usually called. And adjust the sights. That pretty well handles the "not accurate" part.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Practice for what? Obliterating humans? Again, it's not a hunting rifle. A bolt action is practiced on for hunting. An AR-15 is practiced on for mass slaughter.

A small handgun is far superior in home defense. It's close quarters. A valid argument would certainly help your case. Nothing you just said is rational. I guess if you were defending your home against a small army...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You must still be smoking that # we bought outside the firebase from the ARVN or didn't you listen to your squad leader tell you what to do to the gooks with 16...the younger brother to the AR16. If was used to kill...if the gook was wounded shoot again nobody is dragging a shot up gook thru the jungle in 100 degree weather...the medics would let them die anyway and the ARVN would throw out the helicopters, what's the point? ...stupid to do anything else but you weren't with us in 1969/70...hiding in from the draft?
Cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My bad, so AR does not stand for Assault Rifle, easy mistake to make for someone who lives in a nation where fire arms are generally prohibited(short of being on a range or for farmers using them for pest control purpose).

Still a rifle that has 20 or 30 rounds in the magazine. IMHO That's still a killing machine.

And if that's not the case, what about all the hunters that favor the weapon in question? Whats there deal, are they just out to wound and mame the poor animals as apposed to kill the beasts? I think not!

Not forgetting that the weapon is also rather easily convertible to fully automatic.

My apologizes all the same for assuming that A.R stood for Assault Rifle.
edit on 26-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Glad to know!
Now, let's put them all back on the battlefield where they belong in the hands of a soldier and not let them get into civilian hands. Apparently, when not used on a battlefield they kill.

AR-15's never were on the battle field. They are NOT select fire weapons.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My bad, so AR does not stand for Assault Rifle, easy mistake to make for someone who lives in a nation where fire arms are generally prohibited(short of being on a range or for farmers using them for pest control purpose).

Still a rifle that has 20 or 30 rounds in the magazine. IMHO That's still a killing machine.

And if that's not the case, what about all the hunters that favor the weapon in question? Whats there deal, are they just out to wound and mame the poor animals as apposed to kill the beasts? I think not!

Not forgetting that the weapon is also rather easily convertible to fully automatic.
AR-15's are NOT easily convertible to automatic weapons. Modifying one requires special tools and a machinist to run those tools.
If you do modify one you go to jail for a long time. select fire weapons have been illegal since 1934.

My apologizes all the same for assuming that A.R stood for Assault Rifle.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
interesting timing on this thread. I read in the local paper today that the sandy hook families are suing remington for internal documents on how the 15 was made and how it was marketed

the key issue is lethality

so we may find out what it was designed for

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join