It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15's are NOT designed to kill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
The Ar15 is a poor choice in close quarters if you are going for mass effect as well. It's a carbine.
A Vepr 12 with a shot spreader would be FAR more effective, but we aren't dealing with warriors here, we are dealing with criminals.

An SKS with 30 round mags.

If you want power and accuracy. The AR-15 is not reliable, I would rather have my 1911 than an AR-15. That is why the narrative is false
edit on 26-6-2016 by madmac5150 because: Global Warming didn't bury my car under three feet of snow this winter...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The Ar15 is a poor choice in close quarters if you are going for mass effect as well. It's a carbine.
A Vepr 12 with a shot spreader would be FAR more effective, but we aren't dealing with warriors here, we are dealing with criminals.
Criminals who watch a lot of movies and are probably not very bright ( a redundancy).

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I did not think you were i was enjoying the back and forth....

From my perspective and the many posts of yours i have read you know what you are talking about when it comes to firearms i was intrigued to know where you stood on the matter....cheers i appreciate the reply

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Criminals who watch a lot of movies and are probably not very bright ( a redundancy).

Life is so much simpler with a loaded Remington and 2 Belgians.....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I wonder what this guys training consisted of as well.
That carbine comes in 7.62x39, I suppose we should count our blessings he didn't buy THAT version, ugly as things are.
edit on 26-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Life is so much simpler with a loaded Remington and 2 Belgians.....

In north Idaho.
Where the huskies go.

Tell me, hows the dental floss crop this year?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Drop the 00 for rock salt.
Non-lethal.

Too many legal liabilities.

I have no death wish... but how much fun is it to send a fully trained Malinois after assholes...

I get it is sore point and or my lack of knowledge does your head in but here is the quote i am struggling with, and i get you and phage are having a laugh but you did say the AR 15 is pretty crap and i was wondering how Bryant killed so many people so quickly with a such a weapon...

I'm sorry the mechanics of close range shooting in a crowded room with a high powered weapon are so incomprehensible to you. I can't really dumb it down any more than it already has been.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1121859/pg11

He wasn't firing an AR-15. It was a Sig-Sauer. Get it right

Wiki says otherwise...

Port Arthur massacre (Australia) Port Arthur massacre Attack type Mass murder, carjacking, arson Weapons Colt AR-15 SP1 Carbine (.223) L1A1 SLR battle rifle (.308) Deaths 35 Non-fatal injuries 24 (including the perpetrator) 6 more rows Port Arthur massacre (Australia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org...(Australia)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I wonder what this guys training consisted of as well.
That carbine comes in 7.62x39, I suppose we should count our blessings he didn't buy THAT version, ugly as things are.
True... the 7.62 x39 is a nasty round

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
They let this happen..conservativetribune.com... ampaign=manualpost

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
I get tired of hearing the news media talking heads saying that AR-15's are designed to kill. AR-15's and the like AND military rounds in general are designed to wound NOT kill. Wounding an enemy soldier takes more soldiers off the battlefield than killing enemy soldiers. These kinds of weapons are designed to wound. I don't understand why no one calls them on this more often.

And that's why they train you to aim for centre body mass and not the ankle. ?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You can hunt with an AK pretty well.
edit on 26-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You can hunt better with a 3006.
What's the point of a semi when hunting? Miss a lot?

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Warning shot.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
I'm not sure what it's purpose is besides taking a bunch of people out.

You can control an area of real-estate with it. If a bunch of people made the mistake of being in a controlled area ... well ...

Some people setup targets and blast away for personal amusement.

You left out practice. Even if it's only a bolt gun ... you should know, you've gotta practice.

The only other valid category is for warfare. Never is an AR-15 a tool.

I can't think of a better weapon to defend the living area of my home with. When seconds count ... support is minutes away.

You can make an argument for gun control ... but, there's always a rational counter-argument waiting in the wings.
-Cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Drop the 00 for rock salt.
Non-lethal.

You can still blow your foot off with that. -grin

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

GREAT you don't need one,judging by what you know of them ,stick with crying, there are enough whop MIGHT help.

The AR15 is a good weapon for kids but it's only good for small game. The AR is good for small deer but it shouldn't be used on any good sized game. So Abysha is right some of the hunters should be despised. Here's a good write up on the AR Hunting with the AR-15. Btw how many of these hunters do you think know about barrel twist?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 5610000001030America/ChicagoSun, 26 Jun 2016 07:29:10 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Port Arthur:A guy in Austrailia who shot some people scared them JUST like a school scared the UK into giving up semi auto hi cap fire arms

'A school'??? You mean the Dunblane massacre? A school shooting where sixteen children and a teacher were slaughtered by a madman? Yes, handguns were regulated after that. You know what we haven't had since then? A school shooting.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Port Arthur:A guy in Austrailia who shot some people scared them JUST like a school scared the UK into giving up semi auto hi cap fire arms

Double post
edit on 26-6-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: double post

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

An assault rife that's not designed to kill???

That don't make much sense, seems to be killing people just fine for such a poor design. How do you explain that???

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join