It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's not like riffing..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is almost a rant but not quite, as the situation herein is not the fault per se of mods or this site or even sites in general, it is just an observation coupled with some frustration, maybe even coupled with some understanding (awww...)

As it is this place is one of the only sites that I know of for the discussion of this type of content, so this might be an "internet problem" in general, but I am finding that this message board is not very conversational in its type or platform. It is geared, by design for "thought pieces" and as such it is not at all like words in action, or, riffing. Your words hang, forever in midair, oddly, much unlike reality, leaving others always to the instinctual uncorrected assumption that every peccadilloe of your "thoughtform" as it were, remains, fixed in space, as a PERMANENT OPINION!!! and even though we know or should that life doesn't work like this, real convo allows for correction without too many runaway thought patterns, here we are constructing car chases off of a tune of one's words with each thing clinging to a hard wall like an animated piece of living latex. Perhaps it's just the net, or an observation as such, but because these things could get dangerous, I'd like to stick my neck out with a reminder that "this ain't how it goes" (awww.) I did it for you all, now I'm sick at the thought and I'm going to return back to my place of origin and try to wash the gunk off. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

"I'd like to stick my neck out with a reminder that "this ain't how it goes" (awww.) I did it for you all, now I'm sick at the thought..."

A couple things...then why is it important to:
1. "stick your neck out"?
2. tell us "this aint how it goes"?
3. That you said you "did it all for you (us)"

You obviously don't care, and tell us we shouldnt either, so why waste your time? Why are you here? Theres nothing holding you down.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Where did I tell anyone they shouldn't "care?" That's very general. The word "care" can mean anything, so the sense you imply here is vague. I am noticing a lot of people here are invested in their reputations. I don't care as it is not literature I am peddling nor am I trying to obtain a degree. So you can say I care about some things and not others. Or I'll tell someone that I don't care about the particular opinion that someone expresses if it's not of any use. Or that that night I don't care. It doesn't mean life just stops.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh and I appreciate the question, but rather than just say "you're disgusting" and maybe adding brevity, you are thinking into it personally. Maybe I have other things invested besides popularity. I am independent from my online persona. It is a personal style you are encountering online, without knowing why. It's like asking why you do "stuff."

I view for instance "there's nothing holding you down" as passive aggressive. Why do people make these statements? Do you control what I do? Do you know what does?
edit on 26-6-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join