It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Need To Enlist In the United States Military If They Want To Live In America!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No thanks

Maybe they can join their own military and do something productive about fixing their own country

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I know what sentiment this comes from, and so I'm not going to bag on ya too much. Your coming from the immediate place that it would be a deterrent, and not that you wish to welcome them and give em cookies. I might disagree with some logistics but I get it. I don't think it'd "work" as a "program" (I see people here giving it more and more "thought") but I still understand what you're saying...
edit on 25-6-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Agreed they would have to become U.S. citizens and i don't mean throwing a bunch of people Hari Kari into the U.S. ranks but I mean starting with teaching what it means to be an American... with values and morals that they would get in basic training...Weed out the ones and deport if their heart is not in it!! It would take time and patience and money of course, but in the mean time you could build an incredible Armed Forces...that would also give them a sense of contribution and pride.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I get where you're going with this, but I don't think military service will suddenly convert the thousands coming here to take advantage of the system into sudden patriots. Not to mention, if you fill the military with people who have no prior loyalty to the country and its civilian population, what happens when the day comes that the elites ask them to fire on the rest of us, especially after a prolonged propaganda campaign designed to make them resent their use as foreign fighters in our military while the rest of us don't have to serve?

This seems to have been one of the things that brought Rome down: too many foreign fighters and not enough of their own in the service.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can see a point, if you fancy and will risk your life and x years of your life in the military then you will of earned it

At least you'll know they're semi decent

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

If you enlist illegal foreigners into your military no need to be conquered by an invading force you already have one in place, willing to kill the people they are supposed to protect and fight for.

This is why it is wrong to place non citizens unloyal to your country into military service over your country.

Bad move any way you look at it.
edit on 25-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What do I, think ? I believe it would be the perfect infiltration for Trojan Horse terrorists to use. Even the most menial of job descriptions could well be compromised by a saboteur ........

A very dangerous proposition I believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In reality, if we keep up these wars that will be the only way to fill the military since they are/have been killing of so many or our men and to a lesser degree women. Useless eaters like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
On the surface it seems like a good idea.But historically it`s a proven bad idea,Rome trained one of it`s great enemies,and our own revolution...King George had to use Hessian mercenaries because many Englishmen refused to fight relatives.Don`t you think foreign troops would be MUCH more willing to fire on Civilians in case of martial law and insurrection?Bet the powers that be [for now] have thought about it.

americans

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Or is it? You act like feeding the MIC more bodies is a good thing. Illegal immigrants would be of far more service to everyone in other ways. Anywhere but the military, mon dieu.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just an invite to get shot in the back if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So many good reasons above not to do this! Many ideas we come up with just are not workable once thought through.

And, please, an idea like this one dishonors the service not just of citizens but of those who were not citizens but fought and died in Iraq! I can remember the story of this soldier from 2003. Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez, who had entered the country illegally but at age 18 obtained legal residence, was one of the first to die there. He put off college to become a United States Marine.

A Military Times article

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

If you enlist illegal foreigners into your military no need to be conquered by an invading force you already have one in place, willing to kill the people they are supposed to protect and fight for.

This is why it is wrong to place non citizens unloyal to your country into military service over your country.

Bad move any way you look at it.

After all , isnt that a good portion of the reason the Roman Empire fell ?
Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. (common used paraphrase of the George Santayana statement)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I like the concept but I don't know how we pay for millions more soldiers.

Syria, Iran, Sudan, China, Nebraska
Future wars I guess

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
On the surface it seems like a good idea.But historically it`s a proven bad idea,Rome trained one of it`s great enemies,and our own revolution...King George had to use Hessian mercenaries because many Englishmen refused to fight relatives.Don`t you think foreign troops would be MUCH more willing to fire on Civilians in case of martial law and insurrection?Bet the powers that be [for now] have thought about it.

americans

Especially if you let them keep the home after cleaning it out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Maybe this idea has been brought up before and maybe not...But I think It should be mandatory that if you are an illegal that wants to call America home, then you must sign up for the U.S. Armed Forces for a minimum of 2 years!

Do you really want to "arm" and "train" the illegals, before they are citizens?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I would agree with this or some other type of civil service for a couple years at minimum pay. this seems a nice halfway meeting..also a good place to teach them english and a marketable skill as a side bonus.

I am all for the path to citizenship. if it makes sense, if we can help, and we can integrate and make them good, then indeed give us your tired, your weak, your etc...but we need to be intelligent about it and make the immigrant be a productive member of society and not just someone to come here and consume without producing.

(and no islam!...just my wishlist..not being serious..just dreaming)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Do you really want to "arm" and "train" the illegals, before they are citizens?

So perhaps non combat roles then

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
France already does it

It's called the French Foreign Legion

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I stated earlier that they would have to become citizens first.. Like Saturn said...finding a way for illegals to become productive members of America. Would or could be beneficial to both....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join